Ron C. #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a blog. Art H. is not associated with any legitimate news media source. He is an "investigative journalist" writing his own stuff.

Is First Coast News a legit publication? I know we post the link if we reference it but do I post the title of the article? And then I pick the thread I think it goes to? If I pick the wrong one someone moves it to the right place, correct?

So, does that mean we shouldn't post any links or mention his articles?
Thanks
We arent't here to discuss his Blog one way or the other. If something he puts on his Blog turns out to be factual we will get the news from a legitimate news source.

Does anyone know what exactly was Ron's job with PDM? Was he a crane operator? Is that a fact? The reason I ask is b/c certain jobs in construction carry more strick penalties when drug records come into play. Sometimes OSHA will not allow somebody with a certain history to operate certain machinery. I was under the assumption that Ron was only a helper of some sort and he only made $10 an hour. Then I read today that he was a crane operator. Does anyone know for a fact exactly what his job title was?

Does anyone know what exactly was Ron's job with PDM? Was he a crane operator? Is that a fact? The reason I ask is b/c certain jobs in construction carry more strick penalties when drug records come into play. Sometimes OSHA will not allow somebody with a certain history to operate certain machinery. I was under the assumption that Ron was only a helper of some sort and he only made $10 an hour. Then I read today that he was a crane operator. Does anyone know for a fact exactly what his job title was?

I also thought to be a crane operator, you have to carry some sort of license to operate it. and has to be renewed once a year. (i was told it is an operators license also depending on the size of the crane. if it extends over 110ft then OSHA requires you to carry a license) IMO

Might be pretty sad, but despite all that, he had a duty and a responsibility to contact his boss and let him know he needed more time off to deal with things. He didn't do that, having had an agreement set in place to give him until April 6. With no word from him, would you suggest the company continue working shorthanded or to fill his position as he felt no sense of duty to in fact contact them?

It sounds like Ron was ready to go back on the 6th but was fired on the 3rd. As he had an agreement with the company maybe he figured everything was set and there was no need to contact his work before he went into work on the 6th.. See article....
http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20090417/BREAKINGNEWS/90417015/1086

Cummings' lawyer, Greg Kimball, released a statement saying Cummings agreed to return to work on April 6.

"Ronald agreed to this date and was prepared to go into work when he was told on Friday, April 3, 2009, that the offer to return to work was being withdrawn for 'abandoning his job,'" Kimball said. "Cummings in the last two months has had to deal not only with the disappearance of his daughter Haleigh, but also false muckraking allegations by attorney Kim Picazio, representing Crystal Sheffield."

It sounds like Ron was ready to go back on the 6th but was fired on the 3rd. As he had an agreement with the company maybe he figured everything was set and there was no need to contact his work before he went into work on the 6th.. See article....

Cummings' lawyer, Greg Kimball, released a statement saying Cummings agreed to return to work on April 6.

"Ronald agreed to this date and was prepared to go into work when he was told on Friday, April 3, 2009, that the offer to return to work was being withdrawn for 'abandoning his job,'" Kimball said. "Cummings in the last two months has had to deal not only with the disappearance of his daughter Haleigh, but also false muckraking allegations by attorney Kim Picazio, representing Crystal Sheffield."

For an agreement, it has to be both ways. I've not seen any proof that the company had made any agreement.

For an agreement, it has to be both ways. I've not seen any proof that the company had made any agreement.

I would guess it was a verbal agreement when Ron let them know that Haleigh had been abducted. I think it is rotten that the company changed its mind and fired Ron. When they made the verbal agreement did they tell Ron to call in once a week or so or did they assume he would know to do that? If my child was missing the last thing on my mind would be to call in to my work every week to give them an update. I would figure we had agreed on the 6th for me to return and I would return then. They would know I was coming back on that date.

Ron C: fired from his job:
Yes, he is going through one of the toughest things a person can go through.
But, and this may be an unpopular opinion, his responsibility is to be in touch with his employer. If the employer has had no contact at all in these months, then they are justified in letting him go.
If Ron C had health insurance, he probably had some kind of Family and Medical Leave Act, FMLA.
http://www.cftech.com/BrainBank/HUMANRESOURCES/FamandMedLve.html
fmla info: would have had to work at least one year for same employer.
http://hr.blr.com/human_resources/family_leave_act.htm

I am sure he will as soon as the donations run out.... jmo
I don't think Ronald is going to find it very difficult to get another job. I haven't heard lately about donations, but the man at the funeral home is in charge of the donations going to Ronald and his family.

(It appears Cobra's donations have run out tho...since he was begging for $$$ on AH's blog site. :eek:)

Do we know if Ron has found another Job yet?
How is he taking care of a wife and son?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven