Ron C. #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron must have made a lot of money from donations to not have to worry about keeping his job. :confused:

I don't think that Ron was the one who was racking in the big donations. It seems that most of them were set up in Crystal's name. I believe the forum set up to find HaleighBug is Crystal and her attorney's doing and there is a place for donations there too. It is also Crystal...her family..etc, who is going to the car races and fairs asking for donations. Now Crystal has no need to look for a job as she is raking in the big money. Maybe she will have to pay Ron the $4,000 in child support that she owes. He could live on that for a while and look for Haleigh.

Yes there is however without money how can he take care of his son??

Maybe Crystal can pay Ron the $4,000 that she owes him in back child support now that she is hauling in the big donations. That way he can afford to stay home for awhile and spend time with his son until RJ feels safe and secure.

I don't see what Ron working or not has to do with Haleigh missing anyway or is this just another way to put him down? It is none of our business if he is working or not...how long he worked at this last job...where he worked before, etc. His work has nothing to do with finding Haleigh.

Crystal's never held down a job and for quite a while she didn't have any kids living in her home. Maybe she should be looking for a job so she can keep up with the child support. Her stepbrother/boyfriend can watch the baby as it doesn't sound like he works. When he left after Haleigh went missing he said it was to go home and take care of his kids so I gather he is a stay at home dad.

Maybe someone should trail this guy around for a couple weeks. They may just find out where Haleigh is staying. If I were Ron that is what I would be doing.

You honestly couldn't make these things up... I can't believe the attorney's statement. I find it quite ridiculous that they first moan the muck raking allegations, then go on to do the same and it's even completely irrelevant.

It should be noted that Crystal Sheffield is currently thousands of dollars in arrears for child support. She has not been gainfully employed in approximately two years.

True but what has this got to do with RC losing his job?

When Crystal and Ronald lived together it was mainly Ronald's grandmother that cared for their children since Crystal was usually watching TV.

This also may be true but why is it being mentioned? It has no bearing on Ronald losing his job, neither does it shine light on Haleigh's disappearance, and it doesn't flatter Ron as a parent either, if he wasn't caring for his children any more than Crystal did. I wonder if Ronald's grandmother wrote this press release. It reads more like an angry family member than an attorney speaking. "She did nothing but watch tv while I did everything!" "Yeah, Ron lost his job but his ex is unemployed too and she doesn't even pay child support!"

Ronald expressed his displeasure with the company for going back on its word, but at no time threatened anyone.

Just like he never threatened to kill anyone on that 911 call or never called his gf bad names? I take it that whoever was the recipient of said displeasure felt that it was threatening.

This office has referred Ronald to a Daytona Beach law firm that handles labor and employment law.

Good for him, he needs someone who knows what they are doing.

It is ironic that the last Florida Times Union article by Dana Treen on April 5, 2009 bemoaned that the squabbles and personal differences of Haleigh's parents have distracted from the search for Haleigh. The article blamed both sides equally. The article was rebutted in a press release from this office (which is being re-printed and follows this release).

Now Dana Treen wants to wade into personal matters on the side of Crystal Sheffield. Which is it, Mr. Treen?

If this attorney doesn't want personal matters looked at, perhaps he shouldn't have included in his press releases statements like this, giving unrelated personal information:

When Crystal and Ronald lived together it was mainly Ronald's grandmother that cared for their children since Crystal was usually watching TV.

If Picazio's custody-related claims distract from the search for Haleigh, surely Kimball's do too.

I don't think that Ron was the one who was racking in the big donations. It seems that most of them were set up in Crystal's name. I believe the forum set up to find HaleighBug is Crystal and her attorney's doing and there is a place for donations there too. It is also Crystal...her family..etc, who is going to the car races and fairs asking for donations. Now Crystal has no need to look for a job as she is raking in the big money. Maybe she will have to pay Ron the $4,000 in child support that she owes. He could live on that for a while and look for Haleigh.

Yes while Ron is going to NY on a honeymoon-your point?
Also Crystals husband Chad is working so I will not fault Crystal for not. Is Ron's wife working-NO, is Ron working-NO.
CS haters come out in droves on the Haleigh boards and that's why I stopped reading them. It was so out of hand. Bashing Crystal at the same time they are crying don't bash Ronald-he's a saint. Sheesh. :banghead:
Personally I don't particularly like either side of the family but the fact is that Haleigh was with RC and MC when she went missing. Not Crystal and it's not Crystal that can't keep her stories straight. If you think I/we are picking on poor Ronald-you're darn right we are. Haleigh is missing and it was his 17 year old babysitter/girlfriend and now wife who was watching her. Until we get some answers or LE clears them the spotlight is going to be on them and what they do.

ETA: this is not an attack on bobbisangel it's just frustration from reading more about Crystal than Ron on the "Ron" thread.

i read somewhere, (i am sorry i don't know how to post the link, i am too new to this sleuthing) that although there are donations being made that RC only has access to money donated to the family for expenses, but it can only be released under certain state rules. So, IMO, RC or MC can't take that money and go out on a weekend binge.

IMO, the fact that Ron lost his latest job is significant to Haleigh's disappearance particularly because PDM felt the need to have LE on site during two shift changes as a precaution. Ron's attorney stated that Ron had expressed his displeasure. That expression and, possibly Ron's past actions at work, seem to have driven the company to seek LE assistance in the firing of an employee. Hiring and firing are routine business matters. Firing is very, very unpleasant, but should not require police assistance. That it did, in this case, speaks volumes about Ron's extreme lack of control over his emotions and a probable propensity toward violence. Again, IMHO

I just find it odd how now two families have retired and decided not to work anymore since their child came up missing. I am puzzled, because no matter who would come up missing in my family we would still have to work and pay our bills. Life my go on. I am sick of people profiting off of missing children and hope that somebody who has pull can bring up legislation to change the laws!!

Why would Ron give up a good job in times like these were jobs are few and far between??? Nothing he has done has made since and I hope LE are taking notes. And for Crystal to give up her life and camp out at her donation center it irks me too. We have all lost loved ones and know that we must go on with life. She can sit and wait for news at her home just as easy as she can sit and wait for it at the donation center. Same for Ron sitting and waiting for news at his job!!!

These people really irk me. They all made theirselves look guilty!!

I just find it odd how now two families have retired and decided not to work anymore since their child came up missing. I am puzzled, because no matter who would come up missing in my family we would still have to work and pay our bills. Life my go on. I am sick of people profiting off of missing children and hope that somebody who has pull can bring up legislation to change the laws!!

Why would Ron give up a good job in times like these were jobs are few and far between??? Nothing he has done has made since and I hope LE are taking notes. And for Crystal to give up her life and camp out at her donation center it irks me too. We have all lost loved ones and know that we must go on with life. She can sit and wait for news at her home just as easy as she can sit and wait for it at the donation center. Same for Ron sitting and waiting for news at his job!!!

These people really irk me. They all made theirselves look guilty!!

To believe that either Ron or Crystal is PROFITING off Haleigh's disappearance is a distortion of what their lives must be like right now. Crystal has uprooted herself from where she was living and is living with family in what has to be pretty cramped quarters now with the addition of another adult and an infant. Ron and Misty and Jr have crammed themselves into his grandmother's home. Their daughter is gone, taken, most likely dead, and neither of them had very good coping skills in their regular daily life. Seems to me we can all cut them a little emotional slack right now as they attempt to figure out what the hell the next day is going to be like and what part of life can they attempt to function "normally" in. She's been gone 2 months; not 2 years. People keep telling them that it's a family abduction and one or the other of them is hiding her out somewhere, but that doesn't ease their pain. It ADDS to it. If you believe someone could do that to their own child, and you're the other parent, you aren't going to function well. Your stressors are going to be spiked at something as simple as the newspaper being delivered.

The day Crystal decides she has to move back to her home, the day Ron decides to find his family another home.....that day can wait as far as I'm concerned. They have other, more pressing things to deal with right now and it's no sweat off my butt if they want to depend on people for a little while to carry them through. That is, after all, what we're called to do. We carry those who are wounded until they can walk on their own again, hopefully building them up and giving them the tools to begin the transition.

The stories that Ron is attempting to get things in the "don't you know who I am" way are just those, stories. We can believe them or not believe them, but IF he's getting the items and services when he pulls that stunt, then the shame is on those people who cave in and give it to him. What lesson is he learning other than that he can mooch? He would learn a much better lesson if someone would say "Yes, sir. I know who you are and this is not the way to get the word out about your child." If people, out of the kindness of their hearts, offer Ron things in order to ease his pain and he accepts them, then LET HIM! SO WHAT??? It is what someone wants to do to help him!! If that's the situation and it's being twisted into Ron demanding things, then that is just hateful on the part of the person doing the twisting.

The stories that Crystal is doing nothing but "panhandling" is just hatespeak. Collecting donations for herself and her family while she looks for her child is not hateful. In fact, I can only imagine how much it embarrasses her to ask people who look at her like that for help. They would do well to kindly keep walking and say nothing and let those with kinder hearts show her that its okay to depend on the kindness of strangers. If she's collecting funds in a fraudulent manner, people will see it soon enough. But there are those that believe she needs help and are willing to give it to her, and my question is SO WHAT?? Let them give out of the goodness of their hearts!

Be irked that Haleigh is missing. But we have NO RIGHT to demand they deal with it in the way we believe we would in similar circumstances. We have never lived their life. We do NOT know their pain, and we sure as hell can exercise a much better manner of charity than being irked because they aren't supporting themselves right now.

this may have been mentioned earlier, not sure, but i figured i would post it anyways. what judge in their right mind would allow RC to have custody of those children with a rap sheet full of nothing but drugs? (i do realize that more than 3/4 of the charges were dropped, but they were still filed and he would have had to go before a judge to have them dropped). I know CS has a something minor on her record, but not the type of drug involvement that RC does, and IMO he should have never been granted custody of those children. I think it would be better for HC & JR to be with CS, even though she didn't have a job, i think the children would have been safer with someone without a job than a someone who is that involved with drugs..IMHO

My custody case, was a slam dunk for that very same reason. i don't get it.

this may have been mentioned earlier, not sure, but i figured i would post it anyways. what judge in their right mind would allow RC to have custody of those children with a rap sheet full of nothing but drugs? (i do realize that more than 3/4 of the charges were dropped, but they were still filed and he would have had to go before a judge to have them dropped). I know CS has a something minor on her record, but not the type of drug involvement that RC does, and IMO he should have never been granted custody of those children. I think it would be better for HC & JR to be with CS, even though she didn't have a job, i think the children would have been safer with someone without a job than a someone who is that involved with drugs..IMHO

My custody case, was a slam dunk for that very same reason. i don't get it.

Bolded by me...Could be the judge is crooked (IMAGINE THAT) and was bought off in reference to the "DRUG" charges and the custody issue...
GOOD OLD BOY system, from what I understand still thrives...

From: http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-04-15/story/haleighs_father_loses_his_job

BBM

The above statement makes alot of sense to me. To be fair, maybe they originally told Ron that they would hold his job right after Haleigh went missing but something happened between now and then that made them change their minds. It could have been a number of things...Ron or a family member not keeping in contact with them, employees not happy seeing and/or hearing about Ron off getting tattoos, getting married or going to NYC while "his heart' is missing and is unable to work, maybe they found out Ron lied on his application or something else during LE's investigation...who knows...maybe even some employees were mad enough to say "either he goes or we go" when they heard that he was indeed coming back. We may never know the real reason behind their decision BUT they do have the right to do whatever is in the best interests of their company and fair to the other 119 (or however many) employees who work there and I can't blame them for that. MOO

Maybe the background check came back and they felt he was not the sort of employee that they needed.

Maybe she will go to work and help support her new family. ;) I still don't think Misty had anything to do with Haleigh going missing and am not going to throw her under the proverbial bus until there is some proof she did.

Before her arrest there was no proof that Melissa Huckaby killed Sandra either. IMO, like Melissa, there is plenty to connect the dots and read between the lines with Misty as well.

Is he looking for Haleigh? I don't see it. I do see that he married the answer to what happened though and has put RJ in danger.

Anyone know of what RC's accidental injuries are/were? I am wondering if his former employers had considered this statement made by his attorneys; and they decided to inquire about the medication? If you operate machinery like a crane, plane, train, bus or anything like that, then you should reveil the medication to your employer. Some companies require it because of liability. imo

Law girl41
I would think that with most pain killers one would not be allowed to operate any type of machinery...

Ronald was fired by his employer for abandoning his job. The attorneys say there was an agreement for him to return to work on April 6th but the offer was taken back and they have now fired him. The attorneys are looking into possible legal avenues against the employer.

http://www.cbs12.com/news/cummings_4716967___article.html/haleigh_ronald.html

Pretty sad to fire him like that when his little girl is missing. I don't think I would be able to work-I don't even know how I would go about daily living much less working.:eek:

Ronald was fired by his employer for abandoning his job. The attorneys say there was an agreement for him to return to work on April 6th but the offer was taken back and they have now fired him. The attorneys are looking into possible legal avenues against the employer.

Pretty sad to fire him like that when his little girl is missing. I don't think I would be able to work-I don't even know how I would go about daily living much less working.:eek:

Might be pretty sad, but despite all that, he had a duty and a responsibility to contact his boss and let him know he needed more time off to deal with things. He didn't do that, having had an agreement set in place to give him until April 6. With no word from him, would you suggest the company continue working shorthanded or to fill his position as he felt no sense of duty to in fact contact them?

RC is not the 1st or last person to live in a tragedy.

If there is a WRITTEN agreement that RC was to return on a certain date, then he has a case unless the company can justify other reasons, and if that's the case, the company is following a rule I've tried to follow, but not successfully -- if you can't say something good, shut up.

If it is oral, then whoever he had that agreement should have fixed the problem by now. Unless the person who made agreement is dead, then it should be easily proven. RC says who that person is, and lawyers/company discuss it. RC should have known who he was suppose to talk to.

I suspect neither happened. There's been more than enough rumors (yes, I said rumors but rumors are not lies) that RC has indicated that he thinks he believes he has special rights. Well, unless RC can show me federal or Florida law that whatever he says automatically becomes the law, I'm saying this is just another case that RC has abused the system.

Added stuff:

Since I started this post, we've had a brainstorming round while drinking wine (nobody's driving).

Here we go with a big IMO, nothing more.

Just a guess but, April 3 (Friday) was the last day that RC was to get a paycheck, thanks to his more than generous co-workers. Those who contributed have watched the same news that you & my family has. They feel for HC but do not approve of what they see RC doing.

So RC's mind says he can play until April 6, the following Monday, and someone that seems to be going for a PHD in stupidity might think this way. However, nobody can predict at what time would RC be ready to return to work. You can't predict it, neither can I. And the bottom line is that does not mean a company can't replace an employee just because they are paying off vacation etc. The work still goes on and the company's gotta do what they gotta.

So I'm guessing that RC had no written or oral proof that his job was being held until April 6, but that he took advantage of his coworkers who could be spending quality time with their family but should be getting a metal.

Might be pretty sad, but despite all that, he had a duty and a responsibility to contact his boss and let him know he needed more time off to deal with things. He didn't do that, having had an agreement set in place to give him until April 6. With no word from him, would you suggest the company continue working shorthanded or to fill his position as he felt no sense of duty to in fact contact them?

According to the article:

""Ronald agreed to this date and was prepared to go into work when he was told on Friday, April 3, 2009, that the offer to return to work was being withdrawn for 'abandoning his job,'" Kimball said."

This is either true or it is not. Regardless, I think if someone's child is missing then that overrides everything else. I do not suggest anything. I was simply stating the fact that he lost his job while his child is missing and I personally find that sad. I do not see any reason why they could not have put him on leave and hired a temp to do his job until such a time as he was able to return, whenever that might be. If your CHILD is MISSING nothing, and I mean nothing else matters. How could you even think or function, much less work? I know I could not-perhaps others could, but not me.

According to the article:

""Ronald agreed to this date and was prepared to go into work when he was told on Friday, April 3, 2009, that the offer to return to work was being withdrawn for 'abandoning his job,'" Kimball said."

This is either true or it is not. Regardless, I think if someone's child is missing then that overrides everything else. I do not suggest anything. I was simply stating the fact that he lost his job while his child is missing and I personally find that sad. I do not see any reason why they could not have put him on leave and hired a temp to do his job until such a time as he was able to return, whenever that might be. If your CHILD is MISSING nothing, and I mean nothing else matters. How could you even think or function, much less work? I know I could not-perhaps others could, but not me.

In order to apply that logic, you will also have to account for his ability to travel all the way to Tampa in order to get those tattoos. If he's okay to travel that far, endure the hours it took to get the tats, travel back, move out of his home, move into his grandmother's home, get a new truck, hire a lawyer, go mudbogging, etc etc etc....he could have made a call. The company does not owe anyone a job, especially in an "at will dismissal" economy. Ron made it clear through his actions where his priorities lay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther