Ron C. #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
You betcha..

I heard Crystal is giving an interview in a few minutes on first coast news and action news reported that Ron's lawyers are also out but it's not on their website yet.

I will post them as soon as it shows up on their sites..

Thanky.

Rj's welfare is fine. The state said so.

Misty is now the legal stepmother of Haleigh and Rj so leaving the children with her before, IMO, is no worse of a choice than leaving them with her now...which the state says is in their best interest.

The environment was declared to be fit as per DCF.

Their lifestyles evidently have proven to be such that the state feels comfortable leaving a 4 year old child involved in and feels is in his best interest.

BBM well that's very scary, considering Haleigh is missing. I would be worried leaving another one of my children in her care. :eek:

Rj's welfare is fine. The state said so.

Misty is now the legal stepmother of Haleigh and Rj so leaving the children with her before, IMO, is no worse of a choice than leaving them with her now...which the state says is in their best interest.

The environment was declared to be fit as per DCF.

Their lifestyles evidently have proven to be such that the state feels comfortable leaving a 4 year old child involved in and feels is in his best interest.

Do not take this personally SS but according to the head of DFCS in White County Georgia leaving children in the custody of prostitutes, drug addicts and dealers and parents living in the swapping nudist colony is appropriate as long as they do not do it in front of the children. Your standards for children and DCF's may be the same...they are NOT mine.

Well I suppose now that the investigation is over we should move on. I remember when Child Protection Services did their investigation on my ex three times and found no problem with my son being there. Well turns out they were wrong about his saftey, you would not even begin to believe the things going on there in his home and no one from CPS would offer up anything as to why they didnt see it...hmm. My son wound up exposed to abuse for nearly 8 years. I myself would love to file a lawsuit against them and I still may.
I hope Jr. recieves better care due to the investigation with the parenting classes and all for Ron and Misty. I dont think Ron abused those kids but I do feel his lifestyle and actions are what led to Haleigh's disappearence. I hope Ron changes that as well..As always JMO of course

Do not take this personally SS but according to the head of DFCS in White County Georgia leaving children in the custody of prostitutes, drug addicts and dealers and parents living in the swapping nudist colony is appropriate as long as they do not do it in front of the children. Your standards for children and DCF's may be the same...they are NOT mine.
We are not talking about DCF in Georgia. We are talking about DCF in Satsuma, Florida who was under a great deal of scrutiny to investigate this case properly since it is certainly considered High Profile. I do trust they did a good job in this particular case due to the reasons I cited above.

We are not talking about DCF in Georgia. We are talking about DCF in Satsuma, Florida who was under a great deal of scrutiny to investigate this case properly since it is certainly considered High Profile. I do trust they did a good job in this particular case due to the reasons I cited above.

DCF in the State of FL has had the same record of errors...google brings it up fine. I will be happy to get you about 150 or so first hand reports from children and adults who have experience with DCF in all areas of FL. Two that I know of from Putnam County. You may have forgotten that my family is from that area. My case was in FL.

snipped from Ron's atty's press release..

4.Termination of Representation

This office has been successful in handling the DCF investigation and resolving family law issues between Ronald Cummings and Crystal Sheffield.We undertook this representation pro bono as a public service to not only Ronald Cummings, but to the citizens of PutnamCounty in the interest of clearing up these controversies.

There are no pending legal matters involving Ronald Cummings.We are ending today our representation of Ronald Cummings on good terms.Our website, findhaleighnow.com will remain online but will not be updated.

In Session Message Boards - View Single Post - Thursday, July 16

snipped from Ron's atty's press release..

4.Termination of Representation

This office has been successful in handling the DCF investigation and resolving family law issues between Ronald Cummings and Crystal Sheffield.We undertook this representation pro bono as a public service to not only Ronald Cummings, but to the citizens of PutnamCounty in the interest of clearing up these controversies.

There are no pending legal matters involving Ronald Cummings.We are ending today our representation of Ronald Cummings on good terms.Our website, findhaleighnow.com will remain online but will not be updated.

In Session Message Boards - View Single Post - Thursday, July 16

cajun - perhaps that means RC will go in to speak with LE now that the criminal attorney no longer represents him. I guess if he needs further representation in HaLeigh's caase, he will have to find another attorney.

"I just wanted to let everybody know that Kim Picazio is no longer representing me or my family," Sheffield said. "I want everybody to know it from me and not other people. I just feel I needed to let everybody know that."

South Florida attorney Kim Picazio was representing Sheffield pro-bono. She appeared on national television several times, claiming that some pictures were evidence that Haleigh had been abused.

DCF investigated those allegations against Haleigh's dad, Ronald Cummings, and now they've closed the case, saying they found no evidence of abuse.

Sheffield won't say why she's ending her relationship with her attorney.

"Personal things," she said. "I don't want to get into them."

~Snip~

The Sheffield-Griffis family believe Cummings and Croslin have been inconsistent in their stories to authorities. In a TV interview, Sheffield also accused Cummings of physically and verbally abusing her while she was pregnant with Haleigh and of hitting the girl. But in another TV interview, she said Cummings is a good father who would not hurt the girl.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/20072737/detail.html BBM

Yes, it sure sounds like she fired her attorney to me.

I am also glad the reporter pointed out the discrepancy in her statements about Ronald, too.

Is the DCF Report, or any part of it, a public record ?

It will never be public.

I didn't think so. I haven't seen a statement from DCF regarding the investigation. Rather, both news reports appear to based upon information provided by Ron's attorney.

WESH

The Florida Department of Children and Families found no evidence that the father of missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings physically abused his children, an attorney representing Ronald Cummings said.

The law firm of Kimball & Snider said DCF has advised it that the investigation is closed and 25-year-old Cummings will keep custody of his son, Ronald Jr.

First Coast News

The attorney representing Ronald Cummings says there have been no findings of child abuse against the father of the missing girl.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79668&page=22

O.J. also kept custody....not a darn thing the Brown family could do!

DCF files are NEVER made public. Minor children have a right to privacy.

Why would anyone even want such files made public and violate children's rights? Just to satisfy your curiosity about Ron Cummings? The State of Florida has said there was no abuse. The way some people continue to harp on it is amazing to me - it is almost like you were all hoping that the state would come back of a finding that Junior was abused, IMO. That's horrifying. Tom'sGirl already closed the thread about the "fate of Ron Junior" because the topic is closed.

This was a high profile case and DCF went way beyond the normal 60 days. No matter what DCF's record of "failing children", I'm sure they did a very thorough investigation in this matter knowing they were in the national spotlight. I would think people would be happy that Junior was not abused. I know that I'm happy. He also is allowed to remain with the only caregiver he has ever known - his father - whom he has been with since he was 6 months old.

DCF files are NEVER made public. Minor children have a right to privacy.

Why would anyone even want such files made public and violate children's rights? Just to satisfy your curiosity about Ron Cummings? The State of Florida has said there was no abuse. The way some people continue to harp on it is amazing to me - it is almost like you were all hoping that the state would come back of a finding that Junior was abused, IMO. That's horrifying. Tom'sGirl already closed the thread about the "fate of Ron Junior" because the topic is closed.

This was a high profile case and DCF went way beyond the normal 60 days. No matter what DCF's record of "failing children", I'm sure they did a very thorough investigation in this matter knowing they were in the national spotlight. I would think people would be happy that Junior was not abused. I know that I'm happy. He also is allowed to remain with the only caregiver he has ever known - his father - whom he has been with since he was 6 months old.

atherella - it may not be abuse in your mind for you to leave your children with a minor It is to me. It may not be abuse to you to sleep in the room with an underage minor with your children in the same room. It is to me. You and I just have different ideas of acceptable behavior in parenting children.

atherella - it may not be abuse in your mind for you to leave your children with a minor . It is to me. It may not be abuse to you to sleep in the room with an underage minor with your children in the same room. It is to me. You and I just have different ideas of acceptable behavior in parenting children.
Four months ago, this "minor" become the legal stepmother to both children. Her sleeping in the same room as the children to me is the same now as it was then...perfectly acceptable. My children have slept in the same room with me many times!

Neither Ronald or Misty have abused those children. Case is closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo