Ronald proposes to Misty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree there should be regulations on money sent in for missing children. I just do not want to jump the gun, people accused him of spending donation money for a tattoo we later found out not the case, people accused him of spending money for a ring we later found out not the case. I believe there is quite a bit of money going to both sides of the family and hope they will use it wisely.

I agree...but I'd like to add just one thing: If such a fund is set up as a NonProfit A/C, then it could alleviate any speculation surrounding the spending of such money...one would have to show just cause and receipts would be logged. Does anyone know if this is the case? Was the donation a/c set up to benefit the parents...or was it set up to help in the search for Haleigh?

The Bank of America account was set up to help with expenses for the Cummings household. It was made clear from the start that he would be using it to pay rent, car payments etc. I do not know how the funds the Sheffield side of the family is set up.

I agree...but I'd like to add just one thing: If such a fund is set up as a NonProfit A/C, then it could alleviate any speculation surrounding the spending of such money...one would have to show just cause and receipts would be logged. Does anyone know if this is the case? Was the donation a/c set up to benefit the parents...or was it set up to help in the search for Haleigh?

90.504 Husband-wife privilege.--

(1) A spouse has a privilege during and after the marital relationship to refuse to disclose, and to prevent another from disclosing, communications which were intended to be made in confidence between the spouses while they were husband and wife.

(2) The privilege may be claimed by either spouse or by the guardian or conservator of a spouse. The authority of a spouse, or guardian or conservator of a spouse, to claim the privilege is presumed in the absence of contrary evidence.

(3) There is no privilege under this section:

(a) In a proceeding brought by or on behalf of one spouse against the other spouse.

(b) In a criminal proceeding in which one spouse is charged with a crime committed at any time against the person or property of the other spouse, or the person or property of a child of either.

(c) In a criminal proceeding in which the communication is offered in evidence by a defendant-spouse who is one of the spouses between whom the communication was made.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...te&Search_String=90.504&URL=CH0090/Sec504.HTM

Right, and if it doesn't work out, she can always pawn the ring to rent a limo to go to Junior Prom.

LOL...good one...except she can't go to JUNIOR prom because she doesn't even have the credits to register beyond a freshman.....one source said she quit in either 7th or 8th grade???? If I were her parents I would say nothing about this beyond "I'll sign that form when I have your GED in my other hand!"

Well, I highly doubt they are having a big wedding -- probably just going down to the courthouse. It isn't a big deal in my mind -- this is a very traumatic thing and it would either tear them apart or bring them closer together. Obviously, it is the latter. I am sure her age is a factor, because maybe he really does love her and wants her to be respected rather than viewed as some misguided kid. He probably feels this is a way of doing the right thing, and he may also feel some strange new attachment to her since she is the last person to see his daughter.

Did anyone notice in that video of Misty showing off the ring, that she also said something to the effect of ' i was home that night, i passed my polygraph, LE told me i was home that night' all giddylike as she said it..

Well, we may never know what Haleigh wanted, but my guess is this is not about what the children want anyway. I just think it's in very poor taste to do this now, with his daughter missing and possibly dead. How many of us could even think of such a thing right now? Or buying a home or getting a tatoo? It's all about what HE wants.
And the sad part to me is.... he did not respect or care about the mother of his two kids enough to marry her back then, yet he can marry this child who says she is going to be their mommy. NO!!! That will not make her the mommy!! Misty will never be anything more than the STEPmother!
IMO, it's pretty easy to sit there and say what Haleigh would have wanted, she's not here to dispute that. But most kids will say yes, if asked something of that nature. The word marriage means nothing to them... they have no idea what it means. And I doubt that Haleigh wants to replace her real mommmy with a teenage substitute. Sorry. To say I am disappointed in this is putting it mildly. If they had just gone quietly and tied the knot and then made the announcement, maybe it wouldn't look so bad. But to make a big production of proposing in Chili's, getting down on one knee and giving her an engagement ring, etc., that's just......... sick.

ITA- I'm remembering the nagative posts regarding the festive/party atmosphere at Crystals camp.

Now we have Ron,,,,out to dinner,,,,,to celebrate his Moms birthday,,,,with cake,,,,,he drops to one knee,,,,pulls out a ring,,,,,proposes to his underage girlfriend. <<<<<<This to me is festive. WWWTTTFFF!!!!

I've known people who have lost a child. My nephew died of SIDS at 2 months. My sister was inconsolable for months. We would not have dreamed of celebrating the birthday of an adult in our family out of respect for her and her loss. And we all KNEW what happened to her sweet baby.

My cousin committed suicide in my aunts bathroom. He bled on the carpet. It was a very small amount, but still noticable. My aunt would not allow my uncle to take up the carpet for months. She would go in the bathroom and cry as if she had just lost him that day. Her grief was so great and she KNEW what happened.

Haleigh is 5 years old and no one knows (or no one is telling) where she is. That alone is frightening. Throw in the possibility of a sex offender taking and hurting her is terrifying.

To have the ability to plan a marriage is something I can not understand.

Did anyone notice in that video of Misty showing off the ring, that she also said something to the effect of ' i was home that night, i passed my polygraph, LE told me i was home that night' all giddylike as she said it..

Yeah, I saw that.

<insert shaking head smiley>

I never saw a video where Misty added, "since we got together." I just heard her say, "This is what Haleigh wanted."

I'm sorry, I just cant help but feel total ANGER at these people. What the HECK does a 5 year old little girl know about the concept of marriage anyway. Misty lived there, slept there..would Haleigh actually know the difference if they were married?
"this is what Haleigh wanted" is just wrong. What a typical thing for that stupid little girl to say..Misty is an abused child herself.. I have always thought Ron is responsible for this, ever since his over the top 911 call and fake tears.
IMO, Ron is sitting back like the cat that ate the canary.."she cant testify against me now, she's ma wife."
I just cant even read anything more about this case, it just makes me sick.

thank you so much for this rant of yours.. you took the words right out of my mouth...i would of tossed in the F word here and there.:clap:

I know I probably went a little to hard but I seriously can not understand.... But thank you, I think.... LOL

In Florida a Notary can perform the ceremony for little or no cost involved except the fee for the license.

I am not sure why they are in such a rush to get married. If it were me, I would wait til Haliegh came home so she could be included if she really wanted them to get married.

Something is just not right to me about this whole thing. I just hope and pray Haliegh comes home safe.

Yep, kinda like..."So there take that!" Sure she is mature enough to be married.....:rolleyes:

What I do not understand is how so many people (not talking just this board) but people in general - how they condemn and crucify and vilify and scream abuse at the Anthony's but yet here we have a blindingly obvious ??? Im not sure what to call it - and we have some very level headed people thinking that this *stunt* is ok

:snooty: I do not understand peoples logic.

Announcing an engagment to a SEVENTEEN Year old CHILD whilst a 5 year old CHILD is missing is so wrong on so many levels I cant even begin to comprehend it.

BUT if you had been watching the Antonys Drama unfold with all its twists and turns then throwing an engagment in the mix would certainly add to the Drama right ??

But Ive said it before and I'll say it again - I really hope this is a $$$ and publicity stunt and that Haleigh is being looked after somewhere and that when they feel they have enough $$$ and publicity that they will bring her home...

What will unfold next ? I know someone will offer to BUY Ron and Misty a Home because they cant stand being in that trailer that Haleigh was *abducted* from

Or perhpas someone (a tv show) will shout them a wedding.

Didnt he call her a dumb b*tch girlfriend ? Just imagine the names he will call her when they are married and he is her *property*:snooty:

Bolded by me.........I wonder how things are between the two in private. If he will talk to her like he has in the eye of the media or on the 911 call (which I can kinda understand finding out your child is missing) then how does he talk to her behind closed doors.

I can not imagine my child being abducted and having no clues as to where they are #1. BUT, I can not imagine wanting to do anything else but locate my child were they missing. All else can be put on hold KWIM?

It really sends out red flags to me the way MC talked about Haleigh in past tense and it makes me sick to my stomach. i.e "this is what Haleigh wanted! could have been stated "this is what Haleigh would want". i.e. Haleigh used to call me MOM, could have been stated Haleigh calls me MOM (which is understandable for a child who has a female in her life each day and only visits Bio mom on weekends).

I wish they would put Haleigh up front until she is found!! Focus on nothing but searching for Haleigh and keeping her in the media, and of course taking care of JR, who needs so much more now than he ever did.........That is just my wish!:blushing:

Okay- Gonna give this a shot. ETA: removed comment

It is very apparent that Ronald and Misty choosing to mary while Haleigh is still missing, has brought big emotions/reactions out of everyone. i'll admit that my first knee jerk reaction was WTH...Then i thought about it for a minute. Thank-Goodness i have never been in the position of having my child go missing, i really can't say how i would react. I can speculate based on my personality which is both strong and emotional at the same time.

My own mother has an 8th grade education and was married at 14 years old. She was forced to drop out of school due her pregnancy(me), however this does not mean that she is not loving, intelligent(quite the opposite in fact) Someone looking in from the outside could/would very easily cast judgement and blame on my mother and or grandmother for signing the paper work for her to be allowed to marry, while never knowing the Whole story...

My heart continues to break for Haleigh and her families and whatever their reasons for choosing to do it now, i hope that it helps them.

Well, I am still leaning toward the Misty is pregnant theory. The puzzle pieces just seem to fit. The outrage of the public about her age, a month's time passing and the media still putting them on camera-- maybe it is about to become obvious that this is the case. Ron's attitude at Misty showing off even makes sense if he just did this to cover his behind with LE and the public. He just hasn't been the marrying type..supposedly three children with two different women...something else is going on here. It just seems too odd that a man who has shown no apparent interest in marriage before would make such a decision at the LEAST appropriate time in his life, unless something else is forcing him into the decision.

Florida Evidence Code Section 90.504:

90.504 Husband-wife privilege.--

(1) A spouse has a privilege during and after the marital relationship to refuse to disclose, and to prevent another from disclosing, communications which were intended to be made in confidence between the spouses while they were husband and wife.

(2) The privilege may be claimed by either spouse or by the guardian or conservator of a spouse. The authority of a spouse, or guardian or conservator of a spouse, to claim the privilege is presumed in the absence of contrary evidence.

(3) There is no privilege under this section:

(a) In a proceeding brought by or on behalf of one spouse against the other spouse.

(b) In a criminal proceeding in which one spouse is charged with a crime committed at any time against the person or property of the other spouse, or the person or property of a child of either.(c) In a criminal proceeding in which the communication is offered in evidence by a defendant-spouse who is one of the spouses between whom the communication was made.

Just added the underlined...

This latest tidbit just ratcheted up my hinky meter...anyone else?

I don't think he needs any donations if he can buy a diamond ring. I feel bad for the guys he worked with that gave up their vacations to help him. He should have been paying his bills with his money and any donations need to go towards finding Haleigh. Something isn't right.

I'll probably get "groaned" at for saying this but its my opinion so here goes...

IMO, a 5 yr old could care less if daddy & his new gf were married or not...especially ones that have never seen her own parents married before. Also, I don't care how much time Misty spent with Haleigh verses Crystal. Crystal IS her Mommy and has been for 5 years, maybe not a perfect mother but still her mother none the less. Haleigh knows that so I can't see her calling Misty "Mommy" after only 5-6 months.

With that being said and if (and that's a big IF) Haleigh in fact said that she wanted them to get married OR called Misty "Mommy", IMO, it was probably Misty who put those thoughts into Haleigh's mind. Misty is young and by the looks of what she posted on rumored other babys momma myspace page...she likes to play head games as well. She knows that Haleigh is Daddy's Little Girl and more than likely...whatever Haleigh wants, she gets. I can totally see and hear Misty saying things like "You should call me Mommy" or "Wouldn't it be great if your daddy asked me to marry him. You could even be in the wedding" then going back and telling everyone that Haleigh said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993