Royal Baby #2 is on it's way ..

Mary would be lovely! Or Caroline (pretty, royal and a tribute to Kate's mother).

However, I really think it will be Elizabeth.

We will likely not find out now until tommorrow (Monday), if not later than that.

Yes, I wondered if they might be able to reference Catherine's family in the names at all. I can't recall if any of George's names have a Middleton family connection.

My first grandbaby is due RIGHT NOW. So we have been on baby watch too and we have been joking about who was going to have their little girl first, the Duchess or our Daughter -in-Law. Looks like Kate won this round. My DIL looked at that picture taken 10 hours after the birth and said she can guarantee that she will NOT be looking so gorgeous and calm and wearing a dress and heels 10 hours later. :baby:

Our little princess is destined to be named Keira Elizabeth. So I vote for the Royal Princess to share the name Elizabeth with her.

Keira is a lovely name. :)

It reminds me of a girl I used to know called Keira. She was very beautiful and talented, and she went on to become a ballerina at the Royal Ballet.

Yes, I wondered if they might be able to reference Catherine's family in the names at all. I can't recall if any of George's names have a Middleton family connection.

I think prince William and duchess Kate will stick to traditional royal family names for the princess
of note though, Kate and her mother Carole's middle name is Elizabeth

Prince George's full name is George Alexander Louis

My computer froze for 6 hours and I couldn't join in. :( But I did hear on the radio the name was going to be announced today, which was obviously wrong.

I've changed my mind about the baby being named Louise. Now I have no idea.

There is no way the baby will be called Diana.

Middle name maybe, but not her first name.

I agree .. no effing way, do people forget how manipulative Diana was and the damage she tried to do to the monarchy during her world tour of revenge against Charles .. also .. wasn't she nearly put up on stalking charges? Does everyone remember that? I actually think Diana had Borderline PD. Maybe for a middle name .. perhaps.

The name Olivia seems to have gained popularity on the betting front… I like that name.

The name Olivia seems to have gained popularity on the betting front… I like that name.

Olivia? That's an hilariously bad suggestion, its the female version of Oliver, (as in Oliver Cromwell). I highly doubt any British royal is going to call their child that.

It will be either Elizabeth, Victoria, Anne, Alice, or maybe Catherine, Caroline, or Alexandra. Those are respectable royal names, with no taint of association with the man who beheaded King Charles I.

I agree .. no effing way, do people forget how manipulative Diana was and the damage she tried to do to the monarchy during her world tour of revenge against Charles .. also .. wasn't she nearly put up on stalking charges? Does everyone remember that? I actually think Diana had Borderline PD. Maybe for a middle name .. perhaps.

She had most of the overt symptoms of Bi- Polar disorder, especially after the cheating on both sides was taped by the media. Once she was sufficiently stressed in her life, I think she was extremely chaotic- thinking and acting. She would go in one direction with her life for a bit, making elaborate statements and plans, and whoosh, it was like a sand castle flattened by a huge wave a few months later.
Her inability to find stability was NOT due to the press, it was due to the way she USED the press, as her spokespeople, to flatter her, then she would turn against them and have one of her rages. She sold newspapers and magazines for the press, but she was a very unstable person in the last decade of her life ( all of the 90's).
Every candid bio I've read of her strongly suggests behavior that fits the Bi-Polar behavior and thinking patterns.
If this is true, then she was mentally ill, and untreated, and this is extremely sad to me. I have fully come to believe this was the case based upon patterns of enormous destruction time and again.
Still, I am a Diana- fan, not a basher. I think she did incredible charity work, and could make a charity famous simply by putting her photo and name on the endorsement. She had the kind of star power that is unrivaled in my lifetime.

I do not think any Royal offspring should be called " Diana" but I do think it would be proper and sentimentally sweet for Prince William to add the name Diana as a third name, such as Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana Cambridge. ( The U.K. news suggests that the children will use " Cambridge" as their last names, but this may not be what William decides to do).

As for Kate's family, it's covered in there too. Also, from what they've said, they want more than 2 children, so there will be more names to go around if they do have a couple more.

little pink funky flowers.jpg

Princess Elizabeth Alexandra Victoria

Given the reported enmity between Queen Elizabeth and Diana, I just don't see the queen allowing the princess to have Diana as any of her names. Out of respect for the queen, I think William and Catherine will comply with her wishes. "Mary" seems a likely candidate to me, not necessarily as a first name, but then George is a fairly traditional name so I wont be surprised if they call her Mary.

She looks like a Rose Frances Mary Alexandra to me.

Unabashed Anglophile that I am, I watched the live feed yesterday morning and caught them leaving the hospital. While sipping my English Breakfast tea :) My favorite moment was when Catherine started down the steps and William took her hand to steady her. That moment - and when he kissed George's cheek - got my sentimental tears flowing and reminded me how much his mother's son he is.

Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess and Prince George (and Lupo!) on their beautiful addition to the family. And welcome to the world, little Princess!

Maybe as a US " commoner" I don't have any right to say this, but it seems to me that at 89 years of age, the Queen should spend her reflective time letting go of past hurts, enmity and the like. I think it would be much more peaceful for her, and the world at large who hasn't already realized this, to recognize that Diana was emotionally unhealthy and that mental illness is as serious as the broken bones and wounds you can see. We don't hold physical illness against a person, and mental illness should not be a stigma either. I am very passionate about the topics of both forgiveness and mental health/ illness.

LOL, and I thought Diana was the sanest of the whole group. Shows what I know.

Here's some of the comments coming out of Russia.

Russians yesterday insisted there had been a conspiracy over the royal birth and a surrogate mother must have carried the baby princess.

Others bizarrely claimed the child – who shares her birthday with Catherine the Great of Russia – was born several days earlier with the event kept secret.

A leading pro-Kremlin paper also claimed the Duchess of Cambridge ‘put the health of her daughter at risk for the sake of her subjects’ by appearing in public so soon.

*http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ries-bizarre-claims-birth.html#ixzz3ZBHtEdLM*

Victoria Arbiter @victoriaarbiter

The world waited 2 days for George's name, 7 days for William's and a month for Charles's so there's no set precedent.
6:59 AM - 4 May 2015

Royal-Stamps.jpg

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/royal-baby-new-stamps-celebrating-5632794

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members