Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a strong sense that it may have been his girlfriend, not any of his friends, who reported her suspicions to LE. Also I think it's more likely that she became suspicious of him for various reasons, not that he confided in her. And I do not believe that she was an accomplice in any way. But once she spoke to LE, they realised she could be in grave danger, and acted very quickly to arrest PS. MOO
Apparently they were watching him for 2 weeks before the arrest though, if she were in danger they wouldnt have expected her to stay and act normal while they gathered more evidence for 2 weeks. IMO

Somewhere along the lines it was mentioned that this may have been an old photo, taken from her social media by the ever present DM. Not sure of the accuracy of this but it would not surprise me at all.
No, I’m fairly positive it was reported the photos were taken by the Daily Mail after PS’s arrest. They’re clearly candid, blurry photos taken from a long distance away, not nicely posed and made up social media photos. I believe they were published alongside some of her social media photos which may be where the confusion is coming from.

ETA: When the photos were published the DM also described her behavior (sitting, standing, blowing kisses with the horses) which indicates they observed her doing these things rather than just looking at old photos.

ETA2: The photos are indeed copyright to DM Australia: Inside the romantic relationship of Samantha Murphy's accused killer. Sorry, should’ve just looked that up first before writing all this other stuff.

Last edited:
He has ,or had, at least two solicitors, so far , one from Ballarat, and one from Werribee...The Ballarat one was the kind of local solicitor who does traffic stops, drunk and disorderly stuff, the Werribee one,Annika Vos,I think, is a criminal lawyer..

But by now, he should have a Barrister, that is, one who is qualified to represent him at the Supreme Court ,which is where a murder trial is held.

If not one of his own choosing, ( and paying ) then a court appointed one is made. They get chosen by ballot, and roster , and they can't refuse the courts request.

SO either that has happened and he has kicked up a fuss and wants someone else, or he is drumming up the money to pay for one himself, or, and this is every judge's nightmare, an accused who intends to represent himself. The Horror . . Nothing ever comes good of it and while he has the right to do that, , let's hope he has the brains to reject that idea.

If he gets a lawyer provided by the court

It will mean his parents won't be paying top $$$$ for a good one

And probably have wiped him

He has ,or had, at least two solicitors, so far , one from Ballarat, and one from Werribee...The Ballarat one was the kind of local solicitor who does traffic stops, drunk and disorderly stuff, the Werribee one,Annika Vos,I think, is a criminal lawyer..

But by now, he should have a Barrister, that is, one who is qualified to represent him at the Supreme Court ,which is where a murder trial is held.

If not one of his own choosing, ( and paying ) then a court appointed one is made. They get chosen by ballot, and roster , and they can't refuse the courts request.

SO either that has happened and he has kicked up a fuss and wants someone else, or he is drumming up the money to pay for one himself, or, and this is every judge's nightmare, an accused who intends to represent himself. The Horror . . Nothing ever comes good of it and while he has the right to do that, , let's hope he has the brains to reject that idea.
I believe the Werribee criminal lawyer is from legal aid, and I believe her name is Ann Valos. I think there was a screenshot way back of the court listings with her name attached.
They will get all of it when the brief of evidence is completed and handed over 2 weeks prior to 8 Aug.
I still don't think this gives them enough time to prepare, especially if their client is not being forthcoming.

I believe the Werribee criminal lawyer is from legal aid, and I believe her name is Ann Valos. I think there was a screenshot way back of the court listings with her name attached.

I still don't think this gives them enough time to prepare, especially if their client is not being forthcoming.
I am still not sure the person with that name, whom Ms Valos was appointed to represent, is actually the same person charged with this murder. This case was a SOCIT case, and there was controversy as to if they were one person with that name, or two different people with similar names. Whatever it turns out to be, the case Ms Valos ( and my apologies for not getting her name correctly ) and the person Ms Valos was representing appeared via video, which says to me, he , also was in the Remand Centre, just like Our Young Murderer. Co -inky dink? could be.

''I still don't think this gives them enough time to prepare, especially if their client is not being forthcoming.''

This bit.. The Barrister has as much time as the police do, actually. He/she is in constant communication with the client, actually spends more time with the client than the police do, so let's hope he is communicating with his Barrister, and not with just himself. The old saying, ' he who represents himself , has a fool for a client' is not untrue.

I am still not sure the person with that name, whom Ms Valos was appointed to represent, is actually the same person charged with this murder. This case was a SOCIT case, and there was controversy as to if they were one person with that name, or two different people with similar names. Whatever it turns out to be, the case Ms Valos ( and my apologies for not getting her name correctly ) and the person Ms Valos was representing appeared via video, which says to me, he , also was in the Remand Centre, just like Our Young Murderer. Co -inky dink? could be.
Yes, that rings a bell, thanks. I'm not sure we can discuss this as it's not related to the case at hand.

"Ex-homicide detective slams 'show pony' search for Samantha Murphy.

Former homicide detective Charlie Bezzina has lashed out at Victoria Police over its handling of the search for Samantha Murphy,
blasting a widely publicised search as a PR stunt.

Despite the vast resources the search was short-lived,
with police abandoning efforts at 2.30pm after just eight hours.

Mr Bezzina told Daily Mail Australia he had expected more from investigators and described it as
a 'show pony' search.

'There were no line searches and they didn't even get the SES involved.

From the outside looking in, you might think it was just a PR stunt,'
he said.

'The search looked uncoordinated - it didn't make sense'.

The former detective was surprised that the police decided to halt the search at the new site so soon.

He claimed that their decision to stop the search hours later had
'backfired on them' -
with pressure now mounting for officers to bring closure to the Murphy family."

Apparently they were watching him for 2 weeks before the arrest though, if she were in danger they wouldnt have expected her to stay and act normal while they gathered more evidence for 2 weeks. IMO
If PS is what he’s alleged to be, why wouldn’t the girlfriend be in danger?
Why would they leave her in the Scotsburn home with him for so long?

Do we know for sure that she was with him at the house in the two weeks before his arrest? Or even at the time of his arrest? Perhaps she was ‘staying elsewhere’ for a week or two…

My opinion then and still is … LE probably had a mounting case on PS and I’m suspecting the gf eventually came forward and added incriminating information that was ‘ the icing on the cake’ and LE acted promptly with his arrest and immediate search warrants the next morning to ensure her well being .
Until she came forward the police were no doubt unsure of her involvement , if any .
I would imagine she went to LE , accompanied by legal representation ,co-operated with what she gleaned or felt regards PS behaviour/ movements/ conversations and was probably given some sort of immunity .

Do we know for sure that she was with him at the house in the two weeks before his arrest? Or even at the time of his arrest? Perhaps she was ‘staying elsewhere’ for a week or two…
We don’t , but I would imagine as she was from a local family and tasked with the house sitting for a close neighbour no doubt well known to her and her family , she would feel obligated to be at that property at every opportunity ….that’s what would have been expected .

My opinion then and still is … LE probably had a mounting case on PS and I’m suspecting the gf eventually came forward and added incriminating information that was ‘ the icing on the cake’ and LE acted promptly with his arrest and immediate search warrants the next morning to ensure her well being .
Until she came forward the police were no doubt unsure of her involvement , if any .
I would imagine she went to LE , accompanied by legal representation ,co-operated with what she gleaned or felt regards PS behaviour/ movements/ conversations and was probably given some sort of immunity .

I guess what Police allegedly had was:

1. PS's phone pinging in this very area
2. Data of S's watch pointing to her collapse/death

If gf contacted them,
the game for PS was over.

JMO

Given the lack of declaration from PS as to the whereabouts of SM and the more than likely efforts of Victoria Police using every method known to man to extract the location of SM I am convinced that SM will not be found at any time. The allegation of murder against PS was very clear cut from Victoria Police. Presuming it was a case of cold blooded murder then I don't think the accused would have an issue with ensuring SM is never found. If SM has been cremated then the ashes scattered into the air then regardless of anything PS says or does she will never be found.

I am convinced it is of a visual nature, with sound. To me, the police detectives must have actually seen and heard this murder take place. on some sort of recording device, of reasonable quality to firmly identify anyone in it.

This sounds outrageous, but no more outrageous than the Commander of Police claiming on public television that Mrs. Murphy is dead, not just dead, but murdered, and where she was murdered, (Mt.Clear) and when, (Sunday morning ) and by whom. Ergo.. this young fellow from a local community. We have not seen , or even found the body as yet .

All these things are fraught with such civic implications if they are wrong..

Because VICPOL say Samantha is deceased ( no one has seen her body ) her driving licence is cancelled, the titles to her property are transferred, her Medicare card is cancelled, all her bank accounts are frozen, her credit cards are invalidated, her superannuation account is closed, her car title is invalidated, her passport is cancelled, her oh, on and on, you get my drift.

Because of this degree of certitude, from VICPOL , I do not see how they could come to this firmest of conclusions without that level of evidence.. Nothing less than that level of certitude, is another way of putting it.

Anyways, that's my take on it!..
Or watch/phone data and a willing/unwilling accomplice during and or after the murder. LE went from '1 or more parties' to one arrest, definitive charge. Could a witness be in protective custody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500