SC SC - Alexis Ware 29, talked about being followed, car found in McCormick, Anderson, 30 Jan 2022

I’m just catching up here but a few things that jump out at me:

…according to her family the area where her car was found was not someplace she would go, she was unfamiliar with it.
…why was there a drone search in Lexington County early on?
…what is with the communications with the family? Sounds like someone is playing with the family. Seems like that would be enough to consult the FBI.
…what was LE information that she might be in Greenville?
…sounds like LE has been searching hard

I think this is a very suspicious disappearance and it’s time for LE to address the public and not the family.

Alexis Ware’s family pleads for help; FBI says they’re not involved

Feb 20, 2022
Activist Bruce Wilson filled out a form requesting help from Senator Lindsey Graham.

Wilson has been working with Ware’s family and asked for Graham’s office to help or solicit resources from the FBI in the search for Alexis.

He says the family believes she was abducted and wants resources utilized in high-profile missing persons cases.

On Friday, Sen. Graham’s Office confirmed they passed along the information to the FBI.

FOX Carolina News reached out to the FBI for more information and was given the following statement:

“The FBI is prepared to assist if we receive a request from our partners. However, our law enforcement partners have the resources and specialized skills they need to investigate this matter and do not involve the FBI unless they develop information to suggest a violation of federal law.”

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article258557418.html

The link above shares some additional info.

Here’s what’s known about the disappearance of Alexis Ware, a 29-year-old Greenville mother of two.

The father of her youngest child said he last saw her around 7:30 p.m. Jan. 30, when they met at the 7-11 on Highway 29 north in Anderson County. The children got in his vehicle. He thought they were headed to his mother’s house in separate cars.

But at a red light, Ware went around him and fled into the night.

There are so many unanswered questions about Ware’s disappearance.

On the day Ware disappeared, she told her mother someone was outside her apartment in Greenville in a black truck. She called law enforcement, and when she saw the sheriff’s car leave, she ran down the stairs and into her red Honda sedan.

She dropped her children off with TJ Patterson, her youngest child’s father.

Verizon records show the next bit of information from her was from her phone, pinged 30 miles away in Anderson at 8:15 p.m. Highway cameras picked up her car that same night in Augusta, Georgia, and then when it came back into South Carolina, Gray said.

I’m not understanding why she dropped her children off just to supposedly go to to the same place they were heading (the house of the father’s mother). Why not just meet there to drop the kids off?
Curious if anything stood out to the children’s father? Behavior, etc?

Just thinking aloud…

Search underway for SC mother of 2 missing since Jan. 30M

Feb 21, 2022
Family members and a local activist are pushing for more help in the search for a missing Upstate woman.

Her red Honda sedan was later found in McCormick County but Ware has not been found.

Anderson County Sheriffs Sgt. JT Foster said the second her car was reported found, detectives traveled over county lines to investigate.

Foster said Ware is well-known in the Greenville community and has a large social media presence.

Ware was last seen by her boyfriend, who claims that she was supposed to follow him to his mother’s home in Anderson, but sped off into the distance at a red light and stopped returning his phone calls instead, WHNS reported.

А big article about the case.

It’s been just over a month since Alexis Ware was last seen in South Carolina. Her family says it’s very unusual for the 29-year-old mother of two to be out of touch with them for this long.

Coming from a big family, Alexis has a lot of people worried about her – including her mother, Alberta Gray-Simpkins, and her stepfather, Frank Simpkins Sr.

“She would never go this long with -- without her kids,” Alberta told Dateline. “She always had her kids with her. She's always calling me all day long like it's -- it's gonna be unusual if we went two days without talking.”

More at Family worried for missing mother of two Alexis Ware, "I'm waiting to wake up from this nightmare."

А big article about the case.

It’s been just over a month since Alexis Ware was last seen in South Carolina. Her family says it’s very unusual for the 29-year-old mother of two to be out of touch with them for this long.

Coming from a big family, Alexis has a lot of people worried about her – including her mother, Alberta Gray-Simpkins, and her stepfather, Frank Simpkins Sr.

“She would never go this long with -- without her kids,” Alberta told Dateline. “She always had her kids with her. She's always calling me all day long like it's -- it's gonna be unusual if we went two days without talking.”

More at Family worried for missing mother of two Alexis Ware, "I'm waiting to wake up from this nightmare."
It sounds like she knew she was in danger. I wish she'd told someone exactly what was going on. It breaks my heart that she was crying and saying she wouldn't make it to her 30th birthday.

Family worried for missing mother of two Alexis Ware, "I'm waiting to wake up from this nightmare."

Feb 28, 2022

To Note:

•during the last weekend in January, Alexis had been hanging out with the family all weekend long. “It wasn’t the Alexis that we’re used to,” Alberta said. “I knew that something was going on with her -- something was freaking her out.”

•During the family weekend, Alberta said her daughter was crying about her upcoming 30th birthday. “She -- she said stuff like she didn't feel like she was gonna make it to see her birthday,” Alberta told Dateline.

•late that Saturday night – January 29, 2022 – Alexis talked about being followed. “She sat here and cried. She wasn't telling me exactly what was going on,” Alberta said.

Jan. 30, 2022
•Alexis left the family weekend around noon
•Her mother talked to her via video chat around 3pm. She was home in bed taking a nap.
•Alberta (her mom) got a call from the father of Alexis’s youngest child around 7:30 p.m.
•He and Alexis met at a gas station to give him the children.
•Alexis got gas then planned on following him to his mother’s home, before heading back to Alberta’s house.
•Instead, after giving him the kids, Alberta said, “She actually shot around him with the high rate of speed and made a quick -- a quick right at the red light and took off from there.”

Feb 1, 2022
•a missing persons report was filed

•A few days later, Alexis’s red Honda Accord was found in McCormick, South Carolina, around 30 miles south of Anderson.
•Her cellphone, her daughter's cellphone, her purse, her identification, and a bag of clothing were in the car
•her hair bonnet was laying outside her car
, right on the ground (she was wearing it when she was at the gas station on the 30th)
•Alexis’s car had done quite a bit of traveling before being found in McCormick; seen on camera at the apartment complex but unsure if Alexis was driving; also apparently traveled to Augusta Georgia during that time
…….

The last known sighting of Alexis Ware is at the 7-Eleven gas station off Highway 29 in Anderson, South Carolina on January 30, 2022.

When asked if there was any security footage from the gas station, Alberta told Dateline, “They actually showed us the footage of the meeting in the 7-Eleven parking lot. Nothing seemed out of the norm, at all. Nothing looks suspicious or anything.” Until, of course, she reportedly sped off.

Missing person: Alexis Ware was last seen near 7-Eleven in Anderson

Feb 25
The search is still on for 29-year-old Alexis Ware of Greenville County.

Here is the a timeline of their search according to the McCormick County Sheriff's Office:

• Alexis Ware was last seen Jan. 30

• Ware's red Honda was found near a wooded area on Feb 2 and at the request of Anderson County Sheriff's Office, McCormick County impounded the car — ACSO obtained a search warrant for the car on Feb 3.

• MCSO performed a grid search the evening of Feb 3, going 150 yards in each direction into the woods. No signs of anything disturbed.

• MCSO searched 220-acres of private grounds and US Forestry property, using cadaver dogs, with nothing uncovered.

• On Feb. 8, MSCO fielded a search team for eight hours alongside a state law enforcement helicopter.

• Checked local boat ramps and nearly 700 acres of shoreline. Also, included local bass boats and fishers to help.

• In a tip taken from social media, MSCO searched Hickory Nob State Park with bloodhounds.

This case has a lot of things happening, that to me, that are a little odd.
1. Why meet the father only to follow him? My only thought is: it was a last minute decision when they met and he suggested he take the kids in his car since she felt she was being followed. She followed behind to stay at his home to be safe?
2. Wonder why she wouldn’t tell her family why she was so scared, at least who she thought it was following her? Maybe she figured the less they know, the better?
3. Her daughter appears old enough to give LE information to verify the drop-off and if she sped off around them on the road? Possibly she did and that’s why the man is not a POI?
There are a couple of reasons why, I found on her IG several things that may end up answering the questions we all have but of course, you never know what is true. Has anyone found out her occupation? I may have missed it an article.

The FBI has joined the investigation into the disappearance of Alexis Ware.

Kevin Wheeler, spokesman for the FBI Columbia field office, on Thursday confirmed FBI involvement in the case and added, “I cannot go into details about the investigative techniques being used by investigators.”

Gray said her daughter told her someone in a black truck was outside her Greenville apartment on the day she disappeared, and Ware’s daughter told her grandmother she had seen the truck as well.

The next Wednesday, Feb. 2, her red Honda was found covered in mud on a rural road in McCormick County, 70 miles from where Patterson (child’s father) last saw her.

Justin Hunt, a moderator with the South Carolina Black Activist Coalition, said earlier this week important information was recovered in searches last weekend, but he would not say specifically what.

Hunt said last week the group believes they know why Ware disappeared and who was involved.

South Carolina: Alexis Ware missing search efforts

A second sheriff in South Carolina is talking about the ongoing efforts to find Alexis Ware.

He lists the search efforts to date:

• Obtained numerous search warrants for many items of evidence related to this case
  • Spent countless hours reviewing and analyzing search warrant results
  • Reviewed surveillance footage from last known locations and possible sightings
  • Interviewed family members and associates of Ware, including those who saw or spoke with her prior to her disappearance
  • Checked with area hospitals and coroners' offices for unidentified patients
  • Checked with TSA for flights Alexis may have taken
  • Partnered with the McCormick County Sheriff’s Office, SLED and other partner agencies to conduct a large-scale search in the area where Ware’s vehicle was found
  • Utilized K-9 search teams
  • Engaged with local community leaders and activists working on behalf of Ware and her family
  • Requested assistance from the FBI South Carolina Field Office, who is currently providing investigative support

Such a strange case. I wonder if someone could have been hiding in her car and after the kids went to their dad's car, that person carjacked/kidnapped her?
I have a lot of thoughts on this case, this is potentially one of them. I am thinking it wasn’t a stranger at all. I go back and forth with this being voluntary and a set-up. If you search postings on FB you will see clues that lead me to question everything and begin to believe it MAY be a voluntary/necessary disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dragneel69
Back