SC SC - Amber Berbiglia, 23, North Myrtle Beach, 3 May 2013

snipped
Who was she seen by? Was it from surveillance camera or friends? Searching now... Probably doesn't even matter but will be important when we start a timeline.

I'm not sure if she was personally seen by someone she knew or if it was cctv as was stated earlier in the thread, I've not seen it reported either way.

I thought it was also possible that they might have checked her transactions for that day and discovered her being there that way.

We need information.

Please, please, please, if you knew Amber or are a local with information, and can help us, please sign up to WS and help us. For Amber. :(

Great thoughts Tedmac and Spamelot.

In your 3rd scenario, if Amber was giving a ride home to an aquaintance, where might that aquaintance have lived? Presumably, somewhat in the area she was found.

WHY was Amber found THERE???

She turned off of her normal route where her car was found. My guess is the acquaintance lived very close to there and was familiar with the area. Unless he had an accomplice following her car, he probably walked or ran home.

I feel that she was killed there and left at the scene. It was in the afternoon and the killer probably left the area quickly, not wanting to take a chance on being seen at the scene.

Since the murder weapon wasn't found, he probably took it with him. She was severely beaten and had numerous defensive wounds. So, he didn't use just his fists. It had to be something like a lead pipe or baseball bat.

Amber's brother Phillip passed away today.

Rest in peace, Phillip. Please tell your sister we are still trying to figure out what happened to her, so that others will not follow the same fate, and so that some sort of Justice will be had.

http://www.simpsongaus.com/obituary?id=1339025

We need information.

Please, please, please, if you knew Amber or are a local with information, and can help us, please sign up to WS and help us. For Amber. :(

Perhaps someone can extend an invitation to Amber's fiance? He did after all reach out to Heather Elvis' family to extend his support and information that Amber too worked at the Tilted Kilt, but he wasn't sure if they knew each other (see post by VI Lady Hawkke in HE's thread).

Details -

Amber’s last known whereabouts were at a Time Warner office on Main Street at around 1 PM on May 3. She was there to pay her cable bill. Before that, she had stopped at a gas station to fill up her gas tank.

Amber’s body was found lying underneath the Robert Edge Parkway bridge in South Carolina a little after 4 PM on May 3, 2013. Her car was found nearby, still running, with her cell phone inside. The cause of death was ruled blunt force trauma to the head.

http://courtjunkie.com/killed-amber-berbiglia/

Here is where I made my mistake. So sorry to put misinfo in here!
Amber Berbiglia was last seen alive on May 3. Around 1:30 that afternoon, her friends say she was seen near the Time Warner Cable store on Main Street.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/23936754/exclusive-new-details-in-amber-berbiglias-murder

Our puppy ate my speaker jack, so I can't listen to this, but I saw a great shot of Amber's vehicle on the video. It's worth a revisit if you haven't watched it in a while.

More -

Amber Berbiglia was last seen alive on May 3. Around 1:30 that afternoon, her friends say she was seen near the Time Warner Cable store on Main Street.

Hours later, her body was found less than two miles away under the Robert Edge Pkwy overpass.

Police rushed to the scene after getting 911 calls from a passerby and worked quickly to preserve what soon became the scene of a murder.

"When we arrived, we set a perimeter, so nothing is moved before Crime Scene has photos or video," explained Detective Jonathon Martin, the lead detective on this case.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/22...e-to-solve-the-murder-case-of-amber-berbiglia

Her car was running. Her phone was chirping with email and missed call alerts just a few inches from her fingertips.

"She had been injured severely and was deceased when we arrived. She was near her vehicle and there were no witnesses on scene," says Horry County Police detective Jonathan Martin.

"She was hit with something in the head twice where she had a fractured skull twice," adds Michelle Robinson.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/23936754/exclusive-new-details-in-amber-berbiglias-murder

Thanks for the video link again, Spammy, I watched this heart-wrenching video right after I found out about Amber, which was when Heather went missing.

Here are some still shots from the video

Amber at Murphy's Gas Station a few hours before her murder. Newly released footage in November 2013

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• amber-murphy-gas-before-murder.jpg
    amber-murphy-gas-before-murder.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 521
  • amber-murphy-gas-before-murder-2.jpg
    amber-murphy-gas-before-murder-2.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 522
From same video, here are the crime scene pictures of her car.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• amber-car-crossways.jpg
    amber-car-crossways.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 602
  • amber-car-below-overpass.jpg
    amber-car-below-overpass.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 612
  • amber-car.jpg
    amber-car.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 597
So even though it's right under a busy highway, it's really quite an isolated location. Not at all what I was picturing.

I am going to work on a map next.

I am a very visual person, and I need to understand where Amber was at the gas station, her last sighting at Time Warner, where her vehicle ended up, and where in relation to this was her apartment and her place of work.

If anyone has addresses for any of these places, please provide them, that would be helpful. TIA

23-year-old Amber Marie Berbiglia of North Myrtle Beach/Little River was found dead around 4:30 p.m. at 2368 Old Sanders Dr, which is just off Sand Ridge Road and nearly beneath the Robert Edge Parkway bridge.

The area is just a little over 7 miles if driving from Berbiglia's apartment.

Originally, in the police report, an "argument" was listed in an area beside Circumstances. But, police later said that was a typo and the circumstances are "unknown."

Police provided very few details on the report.

Police did expand their plea to the public. Previously they wanted anyone with info about the area where her body was found and the bridge above.

"In addition to what (was) put on Facebook Saturday in reference to the bridge, we are now asking anyone with any information they feel may be beneficial to us in developing a suspect to call our tip line at 843-915-TIPS.

Police also confirmed that a car towed from the scene was Berbiglia's.

If you saw someone walking or standing on the Robert Edge Bridge at the top where the bridge meets the ground on the west side of the waterway Friday afternoon, call (843) 248-1520 and ask to speak to the Violent Crimes Detective.

http://www.wbtw.com/story/22168513/...eath-still-a-mystery-police-seek-publics-help

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back