SC SC - Amir Jennings, 18 mo., Columbia, Nov 2011

State police are analyzing stains on blankets and clothes removed from Jennings' car to see if they are blood. Nelson said she doubted there were any blood-covered items in the car, which her daughter had only had a short while.

"I was angered because I was aware that, first of all, there was no blanket with blood on it," said Nelson, adding that her daughter's personal items were removed from the car after the Christmas Eve wreck. "I know what the contents of the car were. ... It was just sensationalized."

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/artic...-SC-boy-found-alive-2470812.php#ixzz1jFcjgDzX

What is your take on this?

AMIR JENNINGS, Age Now: 1, Missing: 12/05/2011. Missing From COLUMBIA, SC. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Columbia Police Department (South Carolina) 1-803-252-2911.

Case Type: Endangered Missing

Circumstances: Both photos shown are of Amir. He was last known to be in the company of an adult female relative. They may have traveled to North Carolina or Georgia. FOUL PLAY SUSPECTED.

More...

NCMC1186645c1.jpg
NCMC1186645x1.jpg

My issue is that once they had identified her the night of the accident and she gave them screwy stories about Amir ~ wouldn't her car have been searched right then and there for the child or any signs of fowl play. I find it odd that it took so long to 'find' bloody clothes and blanket.

They would not have searched anywhere they couldn't visually see. Like the trunk, or any containers in the vehicle.
Just like when they wait on a warrant to search a house where a body was found.

If these clothes and blanket were in the trunk, or container in the backseat... they likely wouldn't have found them.
They would have waited until after they got a warrant to search the car and found them then.

We also just might not have heard about them when they were found, we don't always hear instantly...
They said the dogs found the possibly bloody items... the dogs were used days before we heard about those items.

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2012/jan/06/6/columbia-police-mother-wont-tell-them-where-son-ar-2982155/

Updated: January 5, 2012 at 5:58 p.m.

Police say they have used cadaver dogs to search a car and home belonging to the South Carolina woman they accuse of repeatedly lying to them about where her 18-month-old son is.

January 10, 2012 7:55 a.m.

Investigators found a shovel at the home.
Police also found what appeared to be blood stains on a blanket and clothes in the back of Zinah Jennings' car.

They would not have searched anywhere they couldn't visually see. Like the trunk, or any containers in the vehicle.
Just like when they wait on a warrant to search a house where a body was found.

If these clothes and blanket were in the trunk, or container in the backseat... they likely wouldn't have found them.
They would have waited until after they got a warrant to search the car and found them then.

We also just might not have heard about them when they were found, we don't always hear instantly...
They said the dogs found the possibly bloody items... the dogs were used days before we heard about those items.

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2012/jan/06/6/columbia-police-mother-wont-tell-them-where-son-ar-2982155/

Updated: January 5, 2012 at 5:58 p.m.

Police say they have used cadaver dogs to search a car and home belonging to the South Carolina woman they accuse of repeatedly lying to them about where her 18-month-old son is.

January 10, 2012 7:55 a.m.

Investigators found a shovel at the home.
Police also found what appeared to be blood stains on a blanket and clothes in the back of Zinah Jennings' car.

That kinda blows me away a little bit. What if Amir WAS in the trunk or a container in the back of her car? Very scary!

http://www.11alive.com/news/article...-of-missing-toddler-arrested-for-prostitution
EAST POINT | Mother of missing toddler arrested for prostitution

11Alive News has learned that the mother of a missing toddler was arrested for prostitution and drug possession less than a month before her son's disappearance.

According to the police report obtained by 11Alive News, East Point police arrested Zinah Jennings on November 9 after she agreed to have sex with an undercover officer in exchange for $40.

The report also says Jennings was smoking a "marijuana cigar" when officers waiting nearby swooped in to arrest her.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article...-of-missing-toddler-arrested-for-prostitution

11Alive News has learned that the mother of a missing toddler was arrested for prostitution and drug possession less than a month before her son's disappearance.

According to the police report obtained by 11Alive News, East Point police arrested Zinah Jennings on November 9 after she agreed to have sex with an undercover officer in exchange for $40.

The report also says Jennings was smoking a "marijuana cigar" when officers waiting nearby swooped in to arrest her.

Well that answers my question about a 'job'. And who was taking care of Amir on Nov 9?

From above link: bbm
Scott said since the initial questioning, Zinah has told them she last saw the child on November 29 at her home in Columbia. However, he said she said her son disappeared, and it was up to police to find him.

WHAT??? This girl obviously has some serious issues IMO ~ Where was the baby on November 9th? With the aunt still? If she was still living with her sister, did she not know she was arrested? WTH is going on here and where is that adorable little guy!!!!!

JME(experience)--smokin blunts and tricking on street corners with a family willing to support her?? Sounds like a spoiled brat with an entitlement issue. She didn't want that baby--she wanted to live a wild life and play in the streets.... more and more like CA everyday. sigh. JMO

zinaharrestforprostitution.jpg

--her mug shot from the prostitution arrest looks more to me like someone on mth, and not a previously "good student" suffering from post-partum depression.

--video @ link--

--transcription of warrant from the video:

THM "KZ"---

This is my best transcription of the arrest report above:
(Warning: Graphic details)

"On Wednesday, November 9, 2011, at approx. 5:30 p.m. agents from East Point Special Operations Division (V.I.P.E.R) were in the area of Delove Drive and Connally located in the city limits of East Point, Fulton County, Ga conducting a special operation when agents noticed a black female walking north bound down Delove Dr.

Agents also noticed that the female appeared to be trying to get the attention of every passing motorist. The female was wearing an extremely short skirt, also. Undercover agent 9124 decided to approach the female to see if she was working the area.

When undercover officer approached the black female who was later identified as Ms. Jennings, the officer asked Ms. Jennings if she was working, and she responded by saying yes. Undercover officer then asked how much it would cost for some “head”, which is a known word for oral sex. Ms. Jennings responded by saying she didn’t give head. The undercover officer then asked Ms. Jennings how much for some “*advertiser censored*” and she responded by saying “the same amount it costed you for the tattoo on your hand.” The undercover officer than responded “$40.00”? Ms. Jennings said ok.

Ms Jennings told the undercover officer that she did not have a condom and the undercover officer said he had one but would have to get it from up the street. Take down units were called and took down Ms. Jennings near the intersection of east Point.

When take down units arrived on the scene, Ms. Jennings had already lite up a suspected marijuana cigar. Ms. Jennings was arrested for Prostitution and poss. of marijuana less than 1 ounce where she was transported to the L.R.C. for booking and processing.

The suspected marijuana was placed into evidence per S.O.P."

I wonder if she had a life her family knew absolutely nothing about...or if her mother has been in denial about her daughter's activities for a long time?

Either way....the truth is coming out now. This case is sounding worse everyday as more information about Zinah is released.

Poor little baby Amir. I feel so sad about him.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/30199306/detail.html
Missing SC toddler at forefront of Columbia mayor's speech

Mayor Steve Benjamin said in his address:

“Before we begin, I would like to address a situation of ongoing and growing alarm.

Over the past weeks, in the midst of international unrest and presidential politics, one little boy and the family that wants nothing more than to have him home safe and sound has captured our nation's attention.

If you have any information about Amir, his whereabouts or the circumstances surrounding his disappearance, please call, text or log on to midlandscrimestoppers.com and submit your anonymous tip today.

Amir is out there somewhere and we need your help to bring him home.”

It's nice to know the Mayor is concerned about finding this baby.

I wish Zinah would just tell someone where he is.

A few pages back, I thought I read tension between the two cities ------ Is the mayor speaking out because Atlanta said they were getting no assistance from Columbia?

http://www.midlandsconnect.com/news/story.aspx?list=195147&id=705822

by Katie Williams
Posted: 01.10.2012 at 2:38 PM
Updated: 01.11.2012 at 5:05 AM

<snipped>
As the search continues for 18-month-old Amir Jennings, Columbia Police Chief Randy Scott announced that a $10,000 reward is being offered for information that brings the child home.

Investigators say a search of the boy’s mother’s home turned up a shovel and what appeared to be bloody clothes and blankets. They add they also found what appeared to be blood stains on blankets and clothes in the back of Zinah Jennings’ car.

Bumping for Amir.

Where are you little fella?

Based on the fact that LE is looking at blood stained blankets and a shovel and that no one has stepped forward to say they have this little guy, I'm thinking it doesn't look good for Amir.

I read on the missing/information thread that a sister that lives in Atlanta reported Zinah missing. So, was she reported missing in both Atlanta and Columbia? Does it seem like looking for Amir was secondary to everyone?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back