Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but britanee was vulnerable, and isolated from the group

Sent from my LG-VS985 using Tapatalk

Yes, but britanee was vulnerable, and isolated from the group

Yes, but I mean vulnerable in that no one will report them missing and they would find it very difficult to escape. It would be too high-risk to just snatch someone like Britanee.

while the majority of human trafficking victims in our investigations are from other countries and may speak little or no English, approximately 33 percent of victims are Americans. They come from a variety of groups that are vulnerable to coercive tactics—like minors, certain immigrant populations, the homeless, substance abusers, the mentally challenged and/or minimally educated, and those who come from cultures that historically distrust law enforcement or who have little or no experience with the legal system.
https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2012/january/trafficking_012012/trafficking_012012

When I looked on Google maps this is very close to Francis Marion where alot of the searches took place. Are there any locals still on this thread?

I live in Charleston, SC. It's about an hour away from Georgetown and 2 hours away from Myrtle Beach. I found the news about remains in Awendaw last night on the local news. If it's not Britt, there are so many others that unfortunately remain missing. I hope they can identify quickly and at least give some closure to a family waiting for answers. Hoping for the best.

No positive identification has made at this time. Further information will be released upon positive identification and notification of next of kin. http://counton2.com/2015/09/25/hunters-discover-human-remains-in-awendaw/

Sounds like they have a tentative ID and are awaiting confirmation?

In one article it said the hunters didn't think the remains were there long, cause they had been through the area in the last couple of days; however the remains could have been unearthed by an animal. Sounds like they were in a black garbage bag from the articles.

Also I noticed on the BD Still Missing FB page that family is aware and on stand by waiting for them has to be terrible.

In one article it said the hunters didn't think the remains were there long, cause they had been through the area in the last couple of days; however the remains could have been unearthed by an animal. Sounds like they were in a black garbage bag from the articles.

Also I noticed on the BD Still Missing FB page that family is aware and on stand by waiting for them has to be terrible.

Yes. It's appalling what the poor families have to go through every time someone's remains are found. And there are many other families with missing loved ones in the area who are going through the same thing. Praying for all of them...

It could be, I read somewhere the remains are male. But not sure if thats even true.
I came straight here coz I thought it could be Brittanee.

The only thing I can think of in this case is the "double car." If the kidnapper pulled up alongside Brittanee Drexel and got her into his vehicle, he would still have to turn around to go south so maybe there is the possibility that he passed the traffic camera twice in a short period of time because he had to turn around.

This is a unique case because I have heard of kidnappings were a victim is kidnapped and the cell phone is later turned off and found. It is strange that the theory of this kidnapping is that it took place while Brittanee was on the phone. The point is that the kidnapper should have known immediately that she has a cell phone if he was watching her.

The cell phone could be a ruse too. Maybe the crime happened right there off the beach, but then you have her wearing flip flops, a bag on her shoulder, and carrying a cell phone, yet in being kidnapped she did not lose any of these things?

It is a strange missing person's case.

i read somewhere not sure where it was now... that the remains were male....again i dont know this is a fact just read it we all know how the internet is

i read somewhere not sure where it was now... that the remains were male....again i dont know this is a fact just read it we all know how the internet is
It could have been that guy that went missing not long ago.

Still hope we find Brittanee soon... :/ just sucks so much. She could have easily been thrown off of a boat into the ocean and she will never be found. Breaks my heart. I hope so much that she's out there and found soon.

I tried googling any updates on the remains but cant see anything.

I saw the remains were male by Heather Elvis' mother on the Brittanee FB page.

I was wondering with all the flooding if some new remains will be found. I saw on the news graves/coffins being brought up from cemetaries and it made me think maybe some shallow unmarked graves will also be opened up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa