Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping LE would at least have a statement today about all this and at least put it into context. Guess they’re not. We’re just supposed to fill in the blanks.
Her Mom dosent have all the blanks yet so I guess I will keep calm FYI She messaged me and I have had a hard time crying, but I know nothing at this point ,
Pulling this forward, from member Lorena in thread #19:
That was the first thing I said . OR.... Maybe known somehow to the ones that transported her down there ,that was still too shady and the Ts aren't innocent of the same activity per their own sm pages

On the 11pm nightly WMBF News broadcast they had a reporter on the scene of a wooded area in Georgetown County near a residential community called Harmony Township. He said nearby residents have said LE has been searching the wooded area “from dusk til dawn”. A deputy could be seen guarding the perimeter of the woods and reporter said he was refusing anyone but LE from entering the area. No word if the search is related to BD.

On the 11pm nightly WMBF News broadcast they had a reporter on the scene of a wooded area in Georgetown County near a residential community called Harmony Township. He said nearby residents have said LE has been searching the wooded area “from dusk til dawn”. A deputy could be seen guarding the perimeter of the woods and reporter said he was refusing anyone but LE from entering the area. No word if the search is related to BD.
Harmony is just south of Georgetown but north of where RM was staying at Sunset Lodge. It borders the Santee River and Penny Royal Road. I pray that RM isn't sending LE on a wild goose chase.

ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) — The father of the Chili teenager who has been missing for more than a decade has told News10NBC that he was hacked Wednesday night after a now-removed post went up on his Facebook account.

The post claimed that an arrest had been made in his daughter's case, but Chad Drexel called News10NBC Wednesday night saying that he was hacked. It is no longer on his Facebook page.
It's been 13 years since Brittanee Drexel was last seen in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

This comes on the same day that News10NBC's sister station in the Myrtle Beach area, WMBF, received a tip that authorities may be searching a gated private drive within a housing development on the outskirts of Georgetown, South Carolina for Brittanee's remains.

News10NBC Anchor and Investigative Reporter Brett Davidsen is in South Carolina. He went to the area and our crews captured video of a uniformed sheriff's deputy securing the drive and a marked sheriff's vehicle behind the tree line and two more vehicles being permitted to go in and drive down a long dirt road before they disappeared into the woods.

However, authorities have not confirmed as of Wednesday night that the scene is related to the Drexel case.

It also comes just one day after News10NBC was able to confirm with sources that more information on Drexel's case is expected to be released "soon."

News10NBC was also able to confirm that Raymond Moody, a convicted sex offender who at one point was a person of interest in the case is being held in the Georgetown County Detention Center on no bail on an obstructing justice charge.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation would not confirm Moody's connection to any new developments.

Law enforcement officials in Georgetown County, South Carolina are preparing to announce an arrest in connection with the 2009 disappearance of Brittanee Drexel – the New Jersey teenager who vanished without a trace thirteen years ago in Myrtle Beach, S.C.

Local, state and federal law enforcement officials have declined to comment on the looming charges, but this news outlet has been reliably informed that an announcement related to the Drexel case from Georgetown County sheriff Carter Weaver is imminent – perhaps coming as soon as this week.

They think they have their man,” one source familiar with the case told me.

Meanwhile, Drexel’s father – Chad Drexel – posted on Facebook that an arrest had been made in connection with his daughter’s disappearance. He later deleted the post and added another one stating that “amazing progress” had been made in the investigation. That post was subsequently deleted, too.

And then there was this…

Yeah, he obviously wasn't hacked. He just jumped the gun, and he decided to play it off with that claim.

I definitely can't blame him for getting excited though.

Hoping today we finally hear an announcement. Her family deserves answers.
I can't believe it's been 13 years. I remember when this happened, at the time, I had a rebellious daughter that I could see telling me she was at a friend's house when really heading to Spring Break in Myrtle. My heart is with her family.

The Drexel's have been on a roller coaster ride! They have probably been sitting on this for weeks now and are ready to explode. It does make you wonder if there's more going on than just Brittanee's case. Hope today is the day for a big update!

Raymond Moody, a person of interest in the disappearance of Brittanee Drexel, is granted $100,000 bond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600