Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.myyearbook.com/?mysession=cmVnaXN0cmF0aW9uX3Byb2ZpbGUmdXNlcmlkPTI3NDE5Nzk=&allofem=y

Hi, I am new here and there is a friend added on June 3 to this Briittanee yearbook site. Can this be traced by IP addess as to a location? Of course I am NOT technical but thought about this and also felt if the IP is dynamic then this may not be of any help. Just a thought? Thanks for reading. I pray everyday for Brittanee and her safety.

Apparently a friend of hers has been managing her social networking accounts. But this one is the one I was questioning too. Why would her friend be putting B's photos in those photo battles? I think that's weird. I don't know anything about MyYearbook though, so perhaps it enters your photo automatically when the other party initiates it? I have no idea, it's weird nonetheless.

"expect the unexpected" the boys may be holding back that they know she was staying here in MB and they know what she is doing.

The cell phone was used and taken to the areas it was to throw off the investigation.

Brittanee has a few if not more friends that work in the clubs in NY. The Pulse is the name of it.

JMO

pulse is a nightclub for underage kids (18 and under..) its pretty lame, not a big deal here in ROC at all.. just fyi. i don't believe they are true 'dancers', when i went there, YEARRRSSSS ago, the dancers were just regular clubkids standing in a cage that moves up and down in watever clothes they wore out to the club, nothin special

pulse is a nightclub for underage kids (18 and under..) its pretty lame, not a big deal here in ROC at all.. just fyi. i don't believe they are true 'dancers', when i went there, YEARRRSSSS ago, the dancers were just regular clubkids standing in a cage that moves up and down in watever clothes they wore out to the club, nothin special

ok, thanks for the insight.

There have been a lot of red herrings in this case that seem to have sent the investigation in a lot of differnt directions. The apparent indifference of her friends and the "midnight departure" of the boys appear very suspicious. The unstable family situation suggests "runaway". The sleazy facebook entries raises questions about the kind of people she hung out with. Yet, when you cut through it all, it seems the most likely explaination is that she was abducted by a stranger on her walk home. The possibility that one guy was harassing young girls in the tourist area is the most solid clue they have and I hope the MBPD is doing everything to track this guy down (if it is really "one guy"). I suspect that in the early days of the investigation, focus was directed at the "ROC crowd" rather than the possiblity of a local sexual preditor.

I really hope so...I keep going back and forth between something happening to her & her being a runaway.

The reasons I don't believe she is a runaway is for one, because she left pretty much all of her things. She was in the middle of texting her boyfriend (and apparently John H.) and if she was planning on running away, what would make her just instantly stop texting and decide THAT was the moment to "disappear" ... you know? It makes me think that something did happen to her.

And then I'm sitting here thinking, if something horrible did happen to her, it seems like they would have found her by now. But I guess it doesn't always happen that way...I know it's taken years, if ever to find others in other cases. I'm still curious about the cellphone pings. :/

There's just so many different ways to look at this situation. Peter has his ties to clubs and that's why I was thinking maybe she got a job dancing at one and she's making her money & surviving like that. (Like I said a few posts up, her best friend has it on her myyearbook page that she is a dancer at a night club. Maybe she saw how much money her friend makes and knew she could make it doing the same thing.) I know she's underage, but stuff like that happens all the time. Then you got the girls she went with, who didn't seem to really care that their "friend" went missing, which makes me feel like they know something ~ maybe that she did runaway. It's possible she just road with them to get out of state and MAAAYBE that's why they left her things in the hotel when they switched because maybe that was the night Brittanee was going to take off...? Ahh! This is so frustrating.

I have so many other ideas going through my brain but it's getting late and I better crash before I keep rambling even more. I'm sorry if I sound absolutely ridiculous, I'm just trying to open my mind to every which way possible because all of you know...this is very frustrating! Sleeptight.

I just don't think she ran away. If she did want to run and hide I don't think she would stay in her last known location. I'm sure Britt could have stayed with either her Bio-dad or grandparents and taken a much easier route than being a runaway. Its a hard life on the streets. Leaving her stuff and just suddenly stopping all communications with all friends and family doesn't sound like her. Britt stopped all contacts too abruptly as she was walking on the strip for me to consider another possibility other than abduction.

Her so called "friends " that she went there with... would rat on her in a New York minute if they knew anything... I dont see those girls keeping a secret for Brittanee.

But I would so happy if Im wrong and she alive and safe somewhere.

I just don't think she ran away. If she did want to run and hide I don't think she would stay in her last known location. I'm sure Britt could have stayed with either her Bio-dad or grandparents and taken a much easier route than being a runaway. Its a hard life on the streets. Leaving her stuff and just suddenly stopping all communications with all friends and family doesn't sound like her. Britt stopped all contacts too abruptly as she was walking on the strip for me to consider another possibility other than abduction.

Her so called "friends " that she went there with... would rat on her in a New York minute if they knew anything... I dont see those girls keeping a secret for Brittanee.

But I would so happy if Im wrong and she alive and safe somewhere.

I agree 100%. Those girls would roll over on B in a heart beat.

I don't believe that if the girls knew anything they would tell the police. While, yes, they are sleazy, I don't think they want to get involved with the police and are probably trying to stay arm's length away from the investigation.

A related anecdote of mine: A former best friend of mine had issues a lot like Brittanee (mother issues, nonexistent father, etc.) and also took meds for depression. She used to talk to me about running away and (being stupid) I said that it might be good for her. She made up a whole plan, getting her other friends to go along with it, and she executed it and spent a month or two within a 50 mile radius of her hometown, sleeping on sofas and going to clubs and getting wasted/high. Eventually she turned herself in because she wasn't pissed at her mom anymore and she didn't like having the police call everyone in her phone records (can't recall if they called me!). I see a lot of that type of girl in Brittanee, and I would not be surprised if those sightings ended up being true.

I believe this case should be investigated as a possible runaway since the stranger abduction theory just isn't panning out. However, looking through those police reports, I see a LOT! of reports of suspicious circumstances (attempted abductions) on Ocean Blvd. So... I could see it either way, really, but as of this moment I'm leaning toward runaway.

Maybe the shorts were a cover up after all and Brittanee visited the boys' hotel to iron out a few more details in her planned runaway and then changed direction before that street cam. Perhaps a friend in SC picked her up, like someone she met at one of the teen clubs?

Lastly, about her appearance: I think the candids of her at the beach & that party (where she is wearing the white top) are ones that would most realistically resemble Brittanee. The angled picture of her with the ponytail, angled bangs and cheesy smile makes her look completely different from what I can tell. MySpace pictures are like that: deceptive due to poor self-confidence. I can't see why, because either way she's very pretty!

Oops, one more edit, I realize this post is already lengthy - 5/31/2009 09:24AM 314 WITHERS SWASH DR SUSPICIOUS SMELL; CALLER SAYS THAT IT SMELLS LIKE A DEAD BODY; IF YOU
WALK DOWN TO THE DOCK THAT GOES TO SWASH; RIGHT AT THE FIRST OF THE
DOCK; PERSON THAT IS CALLING USED TO WORK IN A MORGUE; VERY VERY BAD
SMELL

Can anyone find info on this possible dead body in Myrtle Beach? Do any locals know how close this is to the area where BD was last seen?

Welcome to WS, Syttende! This is the first I've heard about that call come in about the smell. That person would absolutely be able to identify that smell if they worked in a morgue. I wonder why we haven't heard anything else on this? Surely it would have been investigated already.

I don't believe that if the girls knew anything they would tell the police. While, yes, they are sleazy, I don't think they want to get involved with the police and are probably trying to stay arm's length away from the investigation.

A related anecdote of mine: A former best friend of mine had issues a lot like Brittanee (mother issues, nonexistent father, etc.) and also took meds for depression. She used to talk to me about running away and (being stupid) I said that it might be good for her. She made up a whole plan, getting her other friends to go along with it, and she executed it and spent a month or two within a 50 mile radius of her hometown, sleeping on sofas and going to clubs and getting wasted/high. Eventually she turned herself in because she wasn't pissed at her mom anymore and she didn't like having the police call everyone in her phone records (can't recall if they called me!). I see a lot of that type of girl in Brittanee, and I would not be surprised if those sightings ended up being true.

I believe this case should be investigated as a possible runaway since the stranger abduction theory just isn't panning out. However, looking through those police reports, I see a LOT! of reports of suspicious circumstances (attempted abductions) on Ocean Blvd. So... I could see it either way, really, but as of this moment I'm leaning toward runaway.

Maybe the shorts were a cover up after all and Brittanee visited the boys' hotel to iron out a few more details in her planned runaway and then changed direction before that street cam. Perhaps a friend in SC picked her up, like someone she met at one of the teen clubs?

Lastly, about her appearance: I think the candids of her at the beach & that party (where she is wearing the white top) are ones that would most realistically resemble Brittanee. The angled picture of her with the ponytail, angled bangs and cheesy smile makes her look completely different from what I can tell. MySpace pictures are like that: deceptive due to poor self-confidence. I can't see why, because either way she's very pretty!

Oops, one more edit, I realize this post is already lengthy - 5/31/2009 09:24AM 314 WITHERS SWASH DR SUSPICIOUS SMELL; CALLER SAYS THAT IT SMELLS LIKE A DEAD BODY; IF YOU
WALK DOWN TO THE DOCK THAT GOES TO SWASH; RIGHT AT THE FIRST OF THE
DOCK; PERSON THAT IS CALLING USED TO WORK IN A MORGUE; VERY VERY BAD
SMELL

Can anyone find info on this possible dead body in Myrtle Beach? Do any locals know how close this is to the area where BD was last seen?

Welcome to WEB SLEUTHS

We could call the MBPD to follow up: (843) 918-1382

I would do it, but I'm scared! I get so shy with these things! :crazy:

We could call the MBPD to follow up: (843) 918-1382

I would do it, but I'm scared! I get so shy with these things! :crazy:

I don't like calling the police either. I think we should ask Debbie since she has a good contact who can find out if something has been looked into already sounds like MBPD might have goofed in early days of investigation.

Let's hope she can get info. Debbie also drove to Blue Water last week, since she lives there she can probably help alot more. If not we could forward on to Dawn's facebook and she could tell us if this was looked into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueEnigma