Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked the MB Police Reports page again. Here's the info about requesting past reports:
If you have questions for our Records Section, you can e-mail or call one of our Records Clerks below. Our Records Section is open Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
Records Supervisor - Cathie Rhodes - 843-918-1341
Traffic Accident Reports - Records Clerk - Carol Shoe - 843-918-1315
Incident Reports - Records Clerk - Luci Mauro - 843-918-1312
Incident Reports - Records Clerk - Diane Roberts - 843-918-1313
Criminal Background Checks - Records Clerk - Lynn Strickland - 843-918-1314

There are links to email each person. Maybe someone could send off a couple e-mails to the records clerks and request reports from 4/25 onwards? Perhaps something interesting potentially regarding BD was included on one of the police report snippets that was looked over. I would do it, but being new, I'm not sure what to say without seeming impolite or demanding. :blushing:

I looked into Google caches and unfortunately there don't appear to be caches for PDF files. E-mailing someone seems like our best bet to access these reports.

I found this article that might explain why there are a lot of complaints on this area.

Here's the link ~ http://www.thesunnews.com/142/story/930180.html

& here's the article!

Carol Stallings carries a cell phone she calls the "homeless phone" because it's how several families keep tabs on homeless family members, especially those who turn out for summer Sunday breakfasts in Withers Swash Park in Myrtle Beach.

Those are often the people who aren't allowed to eat at the community kitchen or Street Reach homeless shelter and likely wouldn't have any food all weekend if it weren't for Stallings and her Swash Park Ministry.

Not everyone thinks the outreach is a good thing. With the homeless comes an uptick in crime, neighborhood leaders say.

"If they've been kicked out of the city's outreach centers, we don't want them in our neighborhood. Homes are getting broken into, and things are just walking out of people's yards," said Sharon Boyce, the Maple Street neighborhood crime watch president. "If they have to use the bathroom, they just ... go right there."

Park neighbors like Boyce have complained about the nearly 100 homeless people who gather near the swash each weekend for a worship service, a meal and a few moments on the homeless phone, and the city is considering limiting the number of group feedings to four per year.

Stallings and leaders of local churches, park neighbors and others will plead their cases before the council in a workshop Tuesday morning. After the workshop, the council will decide whether to take up the issue for a vote in its regular afternoon meeting, city spokesman Mark Kruea said.

"We've heard from both sides separately at different times," Kruea said. "This is just a chance to get both sides in the same room at the same time."

There isn't an easy solution, Councilman Randal Wallace said.

"You want to have compassion for them, and you want to have a heart for them," Wallace said. "But I can understand how the people who have worked so hard to improve the Withers Swash neighborhood would be leery of a mass feeding."

Stallings said she, along with her son, the Rev. James Stallings, and others started the Swash Park Ministry through First Baptist Church nine years ago, after praying for a way to help the homeless and the community.

They serve thousands of meals a year on Tuesday nights at the community kitchen, after it has closed for the public lunches held there on weekdays, and on Sunday mornings at the park on Third Avenue South.

And each month, she buys bus tickets to reunite people with their families.

She said all that would come to an end if the city makes groups like hers buy permits and cuts the number of feedings to four a year.

She knows some people think if she and others stopped feeding them, the homeless would go away, but she said that's not true because she hears their stories - how they have nowhere to go, haven't talked to their families in years and they think no one wants them.

"They are human beings," she said.

It's not that the city or Boyce oppose the ministry, they say. They just don't think the parks are the right place for it.

"The mass feedings in the public park pre-empt the use of the park for other residents," he said.

Both sides agree on one thing: The ministry hasn't purchased a permit from the city.

"I don't think it's right to make us pay to help the community," Stallings said.

I can make the call , this is what I do on a volunteer basis when I am not at work.

I want to go back to the beach and take more photos, hoping the batteries cooperate with me this time. I am off Thursday and Friday.

I am not sure what the police will tell but it is worth a try. I will also tell them that if there are any more searches I would be glad to help if I can get the day off. I doubt they will search anymore unless they get a real good solid lead.

Thank you so much, Debbie! I'm very curious as to what they say about this. After reading the article Nikki posted, I wonder if maybe it was a homeless person. Either way, I imagine there would be some sort of follow up.

I would think that if she was around there she would be smart enough to change her look and not be in that immediate area where her mother was searching...but who knows, if she is alive, and it is her maybe she wants to be found? Many girls could be mistaken for her, I wish there was more detail though-who was she with? was she alone?Look at the time....

09-056285 6/14/2009 09:38PM 2207 S OCEAN BL FOLLOW UP ref to case 35452 missing drexel last seen on blvd walking south past hotel
wearing blue jean shorts lite blue top blond hair straight

I would think that if she was around there she would be smart enough to change her look and not be in that immediate area where her mother was searching...but who knows, if she is alive, and it is her maybe she wants to be found? Many girls could be mistaken for her, I wish there was more detail though-who was she with? was she alone?Look at the time....

09-056285 6/14/2009 09:38PM 2207 S OCEAN BL FOLLOW UP ref to case 35452 missing drexel last seen on blvd walking south past hotel
wearing blue jean shorts lite blue top blond hair straight

Something else to ask about, unfortunately by the time they get there the person is gone.

Ugh, I'm having a hard time getting onto this site for some reason. Everytime I try to, it freezes. I will try to get back soon to see if this get's answered...

I seen somewhere that someone said it took the boys 17 hours to get back to Roc (making it either 6pm or 7pm). Has anyone else heard this?

Ugh, I'm having a hard time getting onto this site for some reason. Everytime I try to, it freezes. I will try to get back soon to see if this get's answered...

I seen somewhere that someone said it took the boys 17 hours to get back to Roc (making it either 6pm or 7pm). Has anyone else heard this?

I think there were multiple times being reported by different media outlets. It would also depend on if they stopped, where they stopped, how long they stopped, etc. Depending on which route they took, they may have gotten into traffic in diferent areas, such as DC. Unfortunately, these are the questions only that group can give.

As for PB's pic, it appears to be from the East End Fest. That is a huge Festival here in Rochester, it would make sense that he was there, especially since the clubs he promotes are in the East End. But I think your point in showing it was more the fact that he seems just fine and enjoying his life, something that Britt can't do and all these kids have been since the day she went missing.

Quite the ladies' man, isn't he.

I wonder how long the practice is to perfect that smirk? Mouth just so, tip up the corner just a bit..wait that's too much...LOL sorry couldn't resist.

I wonder how long the practice is to perfect that smirk? Mouth just so, tip up the corner just a bit..wait that's too much...LOL sorry couldn't resist.

:laugh: :clap:

I didn't see this posted,this is from today.

Missing teen's mother believes friends have information on teen's disappearance

Myrtle Beach Police say they have questioned all of the people that were with Brittanee. News 10NBC is told none of them have been cleared nor have they been charged.

Drexel is referring to the two young women Brittanee was staying with. Allana Lippa, an 18-year-old from Rochester and Jennifer Oberer, who is 20 and lives in Chili.

Drexel says she has no evidence of wrong doing and is basing her theory on the way these people have behaved since Brittanee’s disappearance.

She says not one of them has called or offered to help in any way not even to express their sorrow. Drexel is also talking about a group of young men Brittanee partied with. Including Webster resident Peter Brozowitz who a month ago defended his actions on the Dr. Phil Show.
“Since day one, since Brittanee disappeared, I have felt her friends know something. I know they know something.”

Reporter Lynette Adams spoke with Lippa by phone, she refused to talk with us. Another man interviewed by police - Anthony Schimizzi – also refused an interview. The 22-year-old said he's only going to talk with the police and has since moved from the Rochester area.

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S979203.shtml?cat=565

Myrtle Beach Police say they have questioned all of the people that were with Brittanee. News 10NBC is told none of them have been cleared nor have they been charged.

Drexel is referring to the two young women Brittanee was staying with. Allana Lippa, an 18-year-old from Rochester and Jennifer Oberer, who is 20 and lives in Chili.

Drexel says she has no evidence of wrong doing and is basing her theory on the way these people have behaved since Brittanee’s disappearance.

She says not one of them has called or offered to help in any way not even to express their sorrow. Drexel is also talking about a group of young men Brittanee partied with. Including Webster resident Peter Brozowitz who a month ago defended his actions on the Dr. Phil Show.
“Since day one, since Brittanee disappeared, I have felt her friends know something. I know they know something.”

Reporter Lynette Adams spoke with Lippa by phone, she refused to talk with us. Another man interviewed by police - Anthony Schimizzi – also refused an interview. The 22-year-old said he's only going to talk with the police and has since moved from the Rochester area.

You beat me to this. Has anyone heard this name before this "Anthony Schimizzi" I'm glad DD is finally pissed off enough to blow the whistle on these creeps. She is putting the pressure on them. Good

Are there any locals who live near this Withers Swash dock who could go sniff around?

You beat me to this. Has anyone heard this name before this "Anthony Schimizzi" I'm glad DD is finally pissed off enough to blow the whistle on these creeps. She is putting the pressure on them. Good

Anthony is a new name to me!

I'm trying to put myself in the girls (and I guess, Anthony's:waitasec:) shoes for a second. I'm not saying that they are guilty of anything, but I don't believe they're completely innocent either. In my opinion, if you are truely, 100% innocent, what would they have to hide and why would they refuse an interview? Plus their actions & attitudes after all of this...seems like nothing ever happened to them. Like everyone seems to believe as well, I think they know something.

Maybe Anthony is one of the other guys who went with Peter...?

This whole situation is just a mess. I hate how there is really not much to work with at all. :(

Alright, thanks to whoever researched the location of the potential body found. I guess that makes it unlikely that the body is Brittanee.

Another thing I noticed in the police reports was a report of 2 female teens at 4:32 am being followed in a car by 2 black males. I believe this was in the area of Brittanee's last reported sighting, though I'd have to check. There were a number of similar occurrences listed, but this one stuck out to me.

I really can't fathom why B would walk alone in the dark in such an unsafe area, OR why her friends would demand for her to do so in the name of "shorts". Talk about thoughtless on her friends' part, couldn't it wait until the morning? The "shorts" explanation just reeks of set-up, whether B was aware or not.

Anthony is a new name to me!

I'm trying to put myself in the girls (and I guess, Anthony's:waitasec:) shoes for a second. I'm not saying that they are guilty of anything, but I don't believe they're completely innocent either. In my opinion, if you are truely, 100% innocent, what would they have to hide and why would they refuse an interview? Plus their actions & attitudes after all of this...seems like nothing ever happened to them. Like everyone seems to believe as well, I think they know something.

Maybe Anthony is one of the other guys who went with Peter...?

This whole situation is just a mess. I hate how there is really not much to work with at all. :(

I found a FB page for Anthony but it was private (couldnt' see much). He is 22 yrs old (older then all of them). The article stated he moved out of Rochester shortly after the disappearance. I'm wondering if he works with PB in the bar/club biz whatever he is involved in?

I found a FB page for Anthony but it was private (couldnt' see much). He is 22 yrs old (older then all of them). The article stated he moved out of Rochester shortly after the disappearance. I'm wondering if he works with PB in the bar/club biz whatever he is involved in?
Bad timing for a move, I would say. I haven't heard much of John Hahn, the military friend lately.

I havent heard that name before but maybe he has information second hand. Maybe he is friends with one of the players and was told something and he relayed this to the police

But again he may have been in MB and not with Britts group of "friends".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JackUlyssesStyce