SC - Christine Parcell 41, fatally stabbed by concert pianist, Greenville, 13 Oct 2021 *Arrest*

I only read part of it and don’t know the source rule on this since it is allowed in another case I follow but Fitsnews has reported on this case and the investigation.
FITSnews was so instrumental in the Murdaugh case that I would have assumed it would now generally be considered mainstream but I went and read their recent article(s) on this case and it seems like sensational rehashing of facts we already knew coupled with pretty explicit connecting of dots that I think most of us have already connected but none the less I don't think have officially been connected, including the naming of an underage victim of sexual abuse which is a pretty major no-no on websleuths. I'm not going to link to or paraphrase the articles but if I were I would probably report my own post to give moderation a chance to decide if FITSnews is acceptable on this case.

653trvW.jpg

Vet Tech Is 'Brutally Stabbed' to Death in Her S.C. Home, Suspect Is Juilliard-Trained Concert Pianist

"A Juilliard-trained concert pianist who has performed all over the world faces murder charges after being accused of stabbing a vet tech to death in her South Carolina home last month, say police.

On Wednesday, Zachary David Hughes, 29, of Greenville, was arrested in connection with the October slaying of Christina Larain Parcell, 41, of Greer, Greenville County Sheriff Hobart Lewis announced at a press conference Thursday...

On Oct. 13, shortly after 11 a.m., deputies were dispatched to 122 Canebrake Drive in Greer after a woman, since identified as Parcell, was found deceased inside the home by someone familiar with her, Lewis said.

Parcell had been "brutally stabbed multiple times," he said, adding that she leaves behind a young daughter."

Deputies: Juilliard pianist charged in Greer murder case

8gDLiDZ.jpg

GREER: Co-workers remember woman found dead in her home

Woman found dead in Canebrake home was engaged to man recently arrested, records show

T1IIyYf.jpg

653trvW

which one is the suspect?

This response to Hughes giving LE the wrong passcode just made me laugh

On Oct. 10, 2022 Solicitor Walk Wilkins emailed Moyer saying, “As you can imagine, with Mr. Hughes’ renowned piano playing skills, I find it difficult to believe that he can’t remember 6 sequential numbers.”

Good to know they finally unlocked his phone.

Edit: typo

This response to Hughes giving LE the wrong passcode just made me laugh

On Oct. 10, 2022 Solicitor Walk Wilkins emailed Moyer saying, “As you can imagine, with Mr. Hughes’ renowned piano playing skills, I find it difficult to believe that he can’t remember 6 sequential numbers.”

Good to know they finally unlocked his phone.

Edit: typo

That stuck out to me as well and my “renowned skills” are just a level 2.

I think so?

From linked article:

On Feb. 8, 2023, the passcode protection of the defendant’s phone was “broken” by electronic means and the correct passcode was identified as 784733.

Doesn't look like the suggested digits to me....
Oh my goodness, that is great. I feel that will open up a lot on JM. Though they speak in code I bet.
I remember back when this happened I found some kind of site not well known. One of the posts JM made was a meme that said "friends do not tell" or something to that effect. I tried looking for it last night and couldn't find it, wish I saved it. I always felt that was a message for ZH to see. Lord knows he is not telling. Almost like his word is more important then spending the rest of his life in jail. I believe he could get a deal ffs or at least work out access to a piano,
Just rambling, glad to see activity.

Just started following this awful and bizarre case and can't believe it isn't more widely known.

I'm sensing that perhaps ZH was only tasked by Mello to 'do research' at the house - gather evidence maybe? As per the text message 'how did the music research go?'

Something must have unfolded but what? Is it possible if this household is producing and distributing the disturbing material that we know it was, that the home had a lot of surveillance systems inside that were being monitored remotely by themselves and other people involved in this sick network. Maybe CP and her bloke had an alert system or code system.

Is it possible that when ZH entered the home to 'do research', he was being watched, that something has unfolded. Maybe CP has been murdered by the pervert partner or a member of their network in order to shut her up, so she's been laid out in some sort of ritual sacrifice scenario that any connected perverts will know what it means and now ZH has now been framed? ZH has obviously been terrorised into silence IMO and realised he's far safer in prison that at risk of being hunted down by members of the sick network.

What on earth is going to come out in court, whole thing is bizarre. There could be powerful people connected and they were receiving income for their disgusting productions so there's a financial trail.

Just started following this awful and bizarre case and can't believe it isn't more widely known.

I'm sensing that perhaps ZH was only tasked by Mello to 'do research' at the house - gather evidence maybe? As per the text message 'how did the music research go?'

Something must have unfolded but what? Is it possible if this household is producing and distributing the disturbing material that we know it was, that the home had a lot of surveillance systems inside that were being monitored remotely by themselves and other people involved in this sick network. Maybe CP and her bloke had an alert system or code system.

Is it possible that when ZH entered the home to 'do research', he was being watched, that something has unfolded. Maybe CP has been murdered by the pervert partner or a member of their network in order to shut her up, so she's been laid out in some sort of ritual sacrifice scenario that any connected perverts will know what it means and now ZH has now been framed? ZH has obviously been terrorised into silence IMO and realised he's far safer in prison that at risk of being hunted down by members of the sick network.

What on earth is going to come out in court, whole thing is bizarre. There could be powerful people connected and they were receiving income for their disgusting productions so there's a financial trail.

I hadn't thought of that perspective. Thank you for sharing. It is pretty weird that ZH is staying silent and would apparently prefer to stay in prison than talk and implicate others who might mitigate ZH's culpability. Maybe he was supposed to find evidence in the home, but then he was surprised by the victim and he snapped, murdered CP, & has no one to blame for himself? (ZH's DNA was found under the fingernails of the victim. It would be difficult for someone to stage that. I'm quite certain that ZH was the killer.)

Last edited:
I hadn't thought of that perspective. Thank you for sharing. It is pretty weird that ZH is staying silent and would apparently prefer to stay in prison than talk and implicate others who might mitigate ZH's culpability. Maybe he was supposed to find evidence in the home, but then he was surprised by the victim and he snapped, murdered CP, & has no one to blame for himself? (ZH's DNA was found under the fingernails of the victim. It would be difficult for someone to stage that. I'm quite certain that ZH was the killer.)

I feel like something went wrong.

At the time of the killing the Mello and the daughter were overseas. Mello claims he was trying to finalise paperwork for his 'retirement' in Italy and to ensure the child was registered for school and healthcare services etc. Seems to me he had no intention of returning with her - or returning her to that horror. Maybe tasked ZH to do some sleuthing as his only trusted ally also knowing he's an exceptionally intelligent person to go to the house and grab all that could be needed in order to ensure he could hand over sufficient evidence to either US or Italian authorities.

Maybe ZH was the only close friend he could rely on? I imagine there are darker forces and much bigger players in all this. He must have solid reasons for staying quiet and maybe when he speaks it'll blow the lid off a whole thing. Something must have happened if ZH DNA is under her fingernail. He denies murder but maybe he's going for self defence?

Maybe she found him creeping around the house? Or the security camera notified her he had entered. How did he gain entry? Did he go in the (regularly unlocked) back door? How would he know the door's often unlocked? Did he think she wasn't home? Why would he enter a home not knowing who could be in there? Did she grab him and viciously attack him so he fought back but why all the 'overkill' and why the staged scene? Apparently there was blood 'everywhere' throughout the house. I wonder if he'd used some sort of substance to try and steel his nerves but then that made him out of character? Where was the creepy as heck partner in all this time and why was she deceased over 30+ hours when found? Weren't they living together? Wouldn't people have noticed her missing sooner? Arghhhh so much!

Fox is reporting that LE wants to charge Hughes for stonewalling on the phone password.
Interestingly, I think that there are cases holding LE can't force someone to turn over a passcode as that it would violate the constitutional right not to incriminate oneself - the Fifth Amendment. I recall some protesters had taken fingerprint and face ID off since that did not violate the 5th Amendment (not "incriminating" if you aren't forced to say something). So I don't think such a charge would hold up.

I'm fascinated that this case hasn't blown up! Or that ZH hasn't opened his mouth - I have wondered if he was a sexual abuse victim himself and views what he did as righteous - I honestly can't think of any other reason he hasn't "flipped." Totally MOO (really MFO - "feelings") but I have such a hard time feeling bad for this victim and if I were Mr. Mello I might abscond with my child if they were left with the victim and her new husband. Not that I am advocating murder! The new husband was arrested soon after the murder himself so just absconding long enough for that to happen would have done the trick. I'm just very glad that little girl (and her poor friend) are out of that situation.

I feel like something went wrong.

At the time of the killing the Mello and the daughter were overseas. Mello claims he was trying to finalise paperwork for his 'retirement' in Italy and to ensure the child was registered for school and healthcare services etc. Seems to me he had no intention of returning with her - or returning her to that horror. Maybe tasked ZH to do some sleuthing as his only trusted ally also knowing he's an exceptionally intelligent person to go to the house and grab all that could be needed in order to ensure he could hand over sufficient evidence to either US or Italian authorities.

Maybe ZH was the only close friend he could rely on? I imagine there are darker forces and much bigger players in all this. He must have solid reasons for staying quiet and maybe when he speaks it'll blow the lid off a whole thing. Something must have happened if ZH DNA is under her fingernail. He denies murder but maybe he's going for self defence?

Maybe she found him creeping around the house? Or the security camera notified her he had entered. How did he gain entry? Did he go in the (regularly unlocked) back door? How would he know the door's often unlocked? Did he think she wasn't home? Why would he enter a home not knowing who could be in there? Did she grab him and viciously attack him so he fought back but why all the 'overkill' and why the staged scene? Apparently there was blood 'everywhere' throughout the house. I wonder if he'd used some sort of substance to try and steel his nerves but then that made him out of character? Where was the creepy as heck partner in all this time and why was she deceased over 30+ hours when found? Weren't they living together? Wouldn't people have noticed her missing sooner? Arghhhh so much!

I think the idea that ZH may have gone to the house looking for proof of the sick goings-on there at the behest of Mello is kinda interesting.
ZH’s bio about trying to join the Rangers(if that’s true) indicates he thought of himself as way more than a concert pianist. This “assignment” may have intrigued him.
As far as the actual murder, he was either there to kill her or, as you say, he didn’t think she was home and was surprised by her. If she surprised him there was a struggle and LE would know this. The apparent rage and overkill involved could apply to either scenario, I guess, but what does not match him killing her after being surprised, in my opinion, is the elaborate staging of her body and the scene. I just can’t see anybody who unexpectantly has a battle and brutally kills someone taking the time to do all that.
It makes no sense to me that ZH is not talking because he is afraid of the powers that be in this apparent p*o*r*n ring, especially if he didn’t go there to specifically kill her. LE know these people and some have been arrested. It is not a secret he has anything to add to, in my opinion.
This is just my thoughts but I think ZH has some delusions of being a hero and saving the world. His failed attempt with the Army Rangers(if that was not a fantasy) frustrated that feeling for him. When he befriended Mello and heard his story, it energized him to action. Whether Mello knew or not, ZH went that morning to exact justice as he saw fit. He brutally killed her and staged it. He was probably shocked he was arrested and so much direct evidence points to him, because he always thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room. He’s not talking because he’s an arrogant son of a gun, and has seamlessly morphed from superhero avenger to superhero martyr.
Also, I believe CP’s body was found around just a few hours after she was killed, not 30+ hours.
Sorry this is long.

I think the idea that ZH may have gone to the house looking for proof of the sick goings-on there at the behest of Mello is kinda interesting.
ZH’s bio about trying to join the Rangers(if that’s true) indicates he thought of himself as way more than a concert pianist. This “assignment” may have intrigued him.
As far as the actual murder, he was either there to kill her or, as you say, he didn’t think she was home and was surprised by her. If she surprised him there was a struggle and LE would know this. The apparent rage and overkill involved could apply to either scenario, I guess, but what does not match him killing her after being surprised, in my opinion, is the elaborate staging of her body and the scene. I just can’t see anybody who unexpectantly has a battle and brutally kills someone taking the time to do all that.
It makes no sense to me that ZH is not talking because he is afraid of the powers that be in this apparent p*o*r*n ring, especially if he didn’t go there to specifically kill her. LE know these people and some have been arrested. It is not a secret he has anything to add to, in my opinion.
This is just my thoughts but I think ZH has some delusions of being a hero and saving the world. His failed attempt with the Army Rangers(if that was not a fantasy) frustrated that feeling for him. When he befriended Mello and heard his story, it energized him to action. Whether Mello knew or not, ZH went that morning to exact justice as he saw fit. He brutally killed her and staged it. He was probably shocked he was arrested and so much direct evidence points to him, because he always thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room. He’s not talking because he’s an arrogant son of a gun, and has seamlessly morphed from superhero avenger to superhero martyr.
Also, I believe CP’s body was found around just a few hours after she was killed, not 30+ hours.
Sorry this is long.

I think you might be right, whether he went there to kill or simply gather evidence ie 'research', then it seems sure he perpetrated the murder. It was the morning of a weekday if I've read correctly and he may well have thought she'd be at out work. Seems CP put up a heck of a fight and the scene was a mess from top to bottom of the house.

Either that or he thought he'd planned the perfect murder. He enjoyed LARPing - Lord of the Rings style battles - and apparently had a very strong sense of right and wrong, being an upstanding type of guy who really went the extra mile for others. I wonder if he has strong religious convictions?

The way he went about transporting the bike so far in the van, then cycling the rest of the distance, putting his phone in airplane mode, wearing the mask etc, maybe he thought he'd got an infallible plan. He's certainly exceptionally gifted and might have solid reasons to suspect he's able to outwit people. Plus he had no connection - or so it seemed - to CP.

Seems that the rose petals may not have been laid out quite as described, some people think it was more that a flower vase had been knocked over so that aspect of 'dressing' the body may not even be true. Maybe he hoped the horror of what had been going on in the household meant LE wouldn't be look hard for a killer. A terrible way for his life to end up. Also that he seems to have been mobilised / activated / paid by Mello. JMO MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back