Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier someone asked about funeral plans, I meant to post this link but WS was crashing on my device.

Faye Swetlik's parents say they appreciate love, support from community

Faye's mother, Selena, told News1 there will be a private wake and private service first for little Faye. They are also planning a public memorial.

I don't know if people saw this but the funeral expenses are being covered by the community. I'm so happy that Faye's family lives in a town where people care so much.

Funeral expenses for Faye Swetlik to be covered

Its unlikely but its possible the perp just wanted to kill someone for whatever reason and a child is an easy target. In the town I grew up in a young man kidnapped and murdered a 3yo girl because he was just dumped by his girlfriend and wanted to take his anger out on someone, and saw her alone, making her an easy target. He carried her to a deserted part of town and beat her to death.

Also another possible scenario is the perp may have hit her by accident with his car, freaked out and hid her body in his house. You never know.

Jeebus that horrifying :(

I don't know if people saw this but the funeral expenses are being covered by the community. I'm so happy that Faye's family lives in a town where people care so much.

Also from your link :

The following day, as the rain started, the community again came together to preserve the memorial of flowers, notes, candles, and stuffed animals.

Working together, nearly a dozen people covered the memorial with a tarp and a tent.

They told WIS they wanted to preserve this space that reminds them of Faye.

However, they made sure to make sure the tribute to Faye is still visible from the street, so people can continue to be reminded of the little girl who passed.

It would be really nice if at some point down the road, there could be a small garden or statue at that location to honor Faye. JMHO

There looks like a path behind Faye's house and the one next door, so maybe a commonly used area where kids walk and won't be in the street.

RSBM

I'm not 100% sure it's the same path you're meaning but I actually noticed it in this video from last Tuesday. I was thinking about the fact there are very clearly tire tracks there and wondering if that was normal or not when someone used it as a shortcut I guess. Although why they would need a shortcut for that little distance I do not know...

(Video from WIS news)
WIS TV

@Gardenkeep ITA with your original post. IME When my mom died, I had strangers coming up to me asking pointed questions about how she died (if it was true as to what they were hearing). I had no shame about what happened. I just wanted to grieve, in my own way, in peace, with my family & close friends, until I was ready to talk to outsiders about it. Her COD being known to the public FOR ME was upsetting. Strangers or people I had not had contact with in years called my house, asking questions, because they were curious, not because they cared. Had it been MY CHOICE, that info would have remained private until my family felt we could release it.
My point is that families deserve to have the choice in WHEN to release it, at the very least. MOO
I completely empathize with you. I couldn't talk about my Mom's death at all in the first month. It was just way too painful. As I worked through the pain of grief, I eventually was able to talk about Mom. Our family needed time and privacy.

FEB 16, 2020
Artists remember Faye Marie Swetlik
[...]

"In South Carolina, on this day,

differences have faded away.

No orange or garnet sheen.

No rich, poor or in between.

Only sadness for a child named Faye."

Andy Martin, a Columbia resident wrote that poem because like many, he was following the story of Faye Swetlik, “It was right after we found out that they found her and everything and I was feeling very sad. I realized that everybody in Columbia, in the state, pretty much even around the United States was feeling the same way I was despite any socio-, economic background, despite political, despite your religion, everybody- it was an equalizer.”

49723d62-d40c-4998-8c9c-c4c5b925de65_750x422.jpg

[...]

Over 600 miles away, police officer and composite sketch artist Jonny Castro also heard about 6-year-old Faye, “It’s national news, I remember hearing when she first disappeared and seeing it on the nightly news in Philadelphia and I’ve just been following it every day hoping for a positive outcome.”

Along with assisting his agency with composite sketches, Castro has drawn almost 600 portraits of fallen officers and victims for their families in his own time.

9b6894b2-0041-46c5-8569-2887d0913adc_750x422.jpg

[...]

Completely speculation on my part...

However I wonder if CT is the suspect (we still don’t know), that perhaps he felt such guilt over the crime/concern that police were around and he would get caught/was homicidal and suicidal and wanted to make sure he had recognition for his role in her death- that he left a note with the item found in the trash can identifying
her location.

Don't think so, LE said the item found was something you'd normally find on a Missing Persons bulletin/poster.

The outpouring of support is so heartwarming. I'm so happy to see this too. Getting a little more of this article on the thread for our members who can't access it:

[...]

4SXBVSPEUJDXLOZCF46MHRU22E.PNG

Caughman Harman Funeral Home said all expenses will be covered.

This is just one example of the community rallying behind the Swetliks.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Swetlik family said if people want to donate, they can do so by going to the [redacted] started by a family friend.

RSBM

I'm not 100% sure it's the same path you're meaning but I actually noticed it in this video from last Tuesday. I was thinking about the fact there are very clearly tire tracks there and wondering if that was normal or not when someone used it as a shortcut I guess. Although why they would need a shortcut for that little distance I do not know...

(Video from WIS news)
WIS TV
Yes. Looks like some cars park on the grass in some areas. I'm sure they don't have strict rules about things like that. Some of the local subdivisions here in Irmo, SC (not far from Cayce) have a law against parking on the grass or in the yard. Cars must be parked in the driveway, not in the yard, on grass or on the street. Looks like there is an area used to turn and park right next to the entrance where the apartments of Picadilly Square are. ETA: I think the killer was trying to get Faye's body close to the entrance or somewhere that he might be able to later pick it up and get it out of the neighborhood.

How would releasing the autopsy results to the public disrespect this beloved child in any way? Her family will know the horrific details and I don't believe that is a burden they should carry alone.

Some graphic details can be spared for the sake of sensitivity. Actually, many times, police will spare the super graphic details unless pressed by the family.

I completely empathize with you. I couldn't talk about my Mom's death at all in the first month. It was just way too painful. As I worked through the pain of grief, I eventually was able to talk about Mom. Our family needed time and privacy.
It took me 9 years to be able to talk about my dad’s death without bursting into tears & having severe PTSD.

As much as some of us would like to know what happened, me included, I feel much stronger about not pressuring them to share. And not wanting to know if they aren’t ready. I’m ok with not knowing at all if that means that they are trying to protect themselves so that they can fully heal.
As a mom if that happened to me I just don’t think that I could ever survive it, let alone talk about it with the media.

The outpouring of support is so heartwarming. I'm so happy to see this too. Getting a little more of this article on the thread for our members who can't access it:

[...]

4SXBVSPEUJDXLOZCF46MHRU22E.PNG

Caughman Harman Funeral Home said all expenses will be covered.

This is just one example of the community rallying behind the Swetliks.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Swetlik family said if people want to donate, they can do so by going to the [redacted] started by a family friend.

So glad the funeral will be provided at no charge. Idk what is meant by “if people want to donate...”, unless meaning it’s goes towards the funeral?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa