Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
FEB 18, 2020
Police: Girl, 6, was killed by neighbor who then killed self
[...]

Faye Marie Swetlik died of asphyxiation just hours after she was abducted, Lexington County Coroner Margaret Fisher told reporters Tuesday, refusing to say if she was strangled or suffocated.

[...]

Shortly after the girl's body was found, authorities said, they were called to Taylor's home where he was found dead on his back porch, covered in blood.

Taylor, 30, slit his own throat, Fisher said in a statement released after Tuesday's news conference, in which the coroner only wanted to talk in front of cameras about the girl.

[...]

“DNA was tested and did connect and link the residence, the deceased male and Faye to that location," Snellgrove said.

[...]

The clue that cracked the case came from a trash can. Investigators followed a trash truck going around the neighborhood Thursday and sifted through every can as it was emptied. Inside Taylor's can, Snellgrove said, they found a rain boot matching one Faye was wearing and a ladle full of dirt.

Snellgrove said he ordered a search near the area and personally found the girl's body which was “moved in shadow of the night.”

Taylor had a roommate who was not home much while the girl was missing, said Snellgrove, adding the roommate appeared to know nothing about the abduction.

[...]

At the bottom of the article: This version of the story corrects to say the coroner said the girl was asphyxiated, but did not give details

We know he used the handle “umbrastone”. I found this as it relates to gaming, “The mineral, umbrastone, is said to help lost souls find their bodies. Exceedingly rare, the stone is hard to find in shops or in the wild.”

JMO, but I doubt this was his first crime. Maybe not homicide, since he was so inept at covering it up. But at this point I’m sure (at least I hope) they are looking at unsolved homicides in all locations where he has lived.
I think often LE codifies these heinous crimes a homicide. Since, seeing a rash of suicides with mass shootings; I think we miss a lot when we don't analyze these cases for probably a suicide and the person feels they have nothing to lose. Clearly, this murderer knew the probability of getting caught in a city the size of Cayce. It seems many make up their minds on suicide with committing murder also a goal.

Sorry, I haven't finished reading all the posts but just wanted to say this. In 1992 my uncle killed my aunt by ligature strangulation. Later that day, he killed himself by slicing his neck with a kitchen knife at or near the carotid artery. Lots of hesitation wounds were found on his wrists and neck indicating he was gathering courage.
We found evidence (receipt) that he did own a rifle but he didn't use it. It wasn't found in their house so he must have disposed of it.
Also, no suicide note was left.

Are DNA results back yet? Excuse me for not knowing some of the basics. AFAIK, police haven't said whether there was a sexual assault but have said they have evidence that links CT to the crime.
This is what Snellgrove said at the presser:

Police: Girl, 6, was killed by neighbor who then killed self
“DNA was tested and did connect and link the residence, the deceased male and Faye to that location," Snellgrove said.

Are DNA results back yet? Excuse me for not knowing some of the basics. AFAIK, police haven't said whether there was a sexual assault but have said they have evidence that links CT to the crime.
Yes, they have DNA that links him to the victim but they are not going to reveal any information in regard to SA or anything else for that matter, about how she died other than she was asphyxiated. Jmo

Sorry, I haven't finished reading all the posts but just wanted to say this. In 1992 my uncle killed my aunt by ligature strangulation. Later that day, he killed himself by slicing his neck with a kitchen knife at or near the carotid artery. Lots of hesitation wounds were found on his wrists and neck indicating he was gathering courage.
We found evidence (receipt) that he did own a rifle but he didn't use it. It wasn't found in their house so he must have disposed of it.

How awful! I am so sorry that you and your family endured this tragedy. Thank you for sharing as it relates to Faye and to this murder/suicide.

Wondering at what point in the investigation the media will attempt to contact the family of Coty Taylor.... Or if they will attempt to get an official statement from CT's roommate on the matter?

Thinking more about the roommate, even though he is not a suspect in the case, his apartment/townhouse is considered a crime scene, so would it be proper police procedure for them to seize his computers and cellphone also in search for additional information involving the case? Even if he took his computer with him when he was out of town, I would guess they still have a right to seize it or obtain a warrant?

Did the roommate go out of town often? If not, and this was his first time leaving for an extended period, then it would make sense for CT to consider this the "perfect" opportunity for him to abduct Faye since he had complete privacy at his apartment/townhome

Something about this story does NOT sit right.

A very smart person does not abduct a spirited 6 y.o. 150 yards from his home
in broad daylight, kill her within hrs, then allow police inside his residence without so much as a shaky presence. Then throw a pink boot along with a dirt covered ladle haphazardly in his trash.

Then slit his throat. I'm not buying it.

One thing from PC that stood out to me: how quickly hundreds of people were searching for Faye.

Coty must’ve thought he had a fool proof plan but shockingly quickly became trapped in his townhouse. He must’ve been stunned and His panic grew from Monday until Thursday when he made a series of stupid moves.

faye disappeared at 4pm. Dozens of neighbors searched for her until police arrived at 5pm. By 6pm almost 100 officials were searching and that grew to 300.

Coty must’ve been soiling his pants. He had a dead little girl right there in his bedroom with hundreds looking for her right outside. And they didn’t leave until the pressure made him self destruct
You may be onto something but I am curious about his work schedule and whether or not he stayed in his condo or apartment this entire time from Monday until he was found? Did he call in sick for work? Did he ever go anywhere by walking, taking a car, an Uber or walking? If he had a car was his car searched either going in or out of the neighborhood?
I would presume that he would be too afraid to leave her alive or dead in his home but I can’t imagine how he would deal with it from Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday morning with all of the law enforcement activity around him, helicopters, etcetera? Was there enough food in the home? Did anyone see him all week?
Would also appreciate knowing more information about his interaction with his roommate for that time period.
OK to extrapolate this some
more - Did he use his cell phone and his computer during this week and if so what sites did he visit and who did he communicate with on his computer or his telephone? We want to know.

Last edited:

in broad daylight, kill her within hrs, then allow police inside his residence without so much as a shaky presence. Then throw a pink boot along with a dirt covered ladle haphazardly in his trash.

See Ted Bundy's case. Smart people do incredibly evil deeds and make stupid mistakes that get them caught, in Bundy's case multiple times.

I'm sorry taagean. That must have been horrible for the family.

I think often LE codifies these heinous crimes a homicide. Since, seeing a rash of suicides with mass shootings; I think we miss a lot when we don't analyze these cases for probably a suicide and the person feels they have nothing to lose. Clearly, this murderer knew the probability of getting caught in a city the size of Cayce. It seems many make up their minds on suicide with committing murder also a goal.

Extensive suicide...

I'll play devils advocate I guess :)

Do you have a theory yet? Do you believe investigators possibly tainted evidence early on or had an opportunity to save Faye, but failed? Changed the narrative of the case to divert attention from their error?

I personally am quite curious, however if people are going to overreact and get frustrated by anyone calling out a conspiracy or the police, then I will refrain from the conversation. It is a sensitive touchy topic being such a fresh case and most individuals will not want to hear anything other than how the police are heroes.

You won't get any judgement or criticism from me. I have seen plenty of cases that have had strange twists and turns. For example, look at the recent Epstein case. You can't make that stuff up. It is so bizarre and otherworldly creepy. Anything is possible.

A

A normal person doesn't do this. Sometimes things don't happen the way you think they would. He might have been pretty smart, but I believe when he got to USC, he wasn't the smartest kid in class anymore. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo