Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can’t wait for more clarity here, which will almost certainly come tomorrow.

Logically, it doesn’t make a hell of a lot of sense that a family member would be involved. That happens of course, but not usually like this (tight timeline and the fact it was broad daylight).

That’s the message that law enforcement is currently conveying though, and I’m sure there’s a reason for that.

But it sure is weird.

Saw that too.
Yes local news and families have been following this story and we are all starting to look very close to home!! I feel like law enforcement was shocking clear tonight!! She was not abducted! Ouch!! Cars in front of the home being towed. Heartbreaking and mind numbing....I hope i am wrong but I am looking closely at the family and listening for past tense verbiage .....

Just out of curiosity I looked up the North Carolina Amber Alert protocol and noticed it requires a vehicle make/description. I know LE are not leaning towards an abduction, but even in the case of abduction, an AA will not be activated without a vehicle description.

NC DPS: Amber Alert Procedure
Oh my goodness, how in the world did I mess the state up?! Thank you.

Think I’ll just silently follow for a bit until I can sit down and focus.

bbm
Not that you're busy doing anything else -- right??!!
Thanks for all you do for us mere mortals, KayElJay!!

Here's the site for SC Amber Alert info:
South Carolina Law Enforcement Division

I just can’t wait for more clarity here, which will almost certainly come tomorrow.

Logically, it doesn’t make a hell of a lot of sense that a family member would be involved. That happens of course, but not usually like this (tight timeline and the fact it was broad daylight).

That’s the message that law enforcement is currently conveying though, and I’m sure there’s a reason for that.

But it sure is weird.
So, please please share your thoughts! Why did you feel like family/friends not involved??? Did I miss something because i would love a theory to ponder! Cheers

So, please please share your thoughts! Why did you feel like family/friends not involved??? Did I miss something because i would love a theory to ponder! Cheers
Just early on, the most likely scenario was that she wandered away.

I wouldn’t have expected a close family member to have done this, because usually there is a longer delay in reporting. It’s seemingly standard to wait, come up with a plan, and then carry it out. “I looked in her room this morning, and she was gone.”

So next to her getting lost, I would have been open to a neighbor or stranger abduction.

But law enforcement isn’t behaving in the way I would expect, not with those cars being towed, or their messaging.

I can’t ignore that.

Good grief -- that's a lot of possible suspects if LE is thinking or looking at that possibility. Shocking, but actually there are a lot of RSO's everywhere. SMH. I don't like this...

And let me say this:

Welcome to Websleuths,
My username is... !!

I did notice that law enforcement didn't mention sex offenders!!! To me this was VERY telling!!! Anyone else feel like that was intentional??? I was fascinated by today's statements and inferences....

I agree with MassGuy.
Max there’s about a 1-2 hour window if family did something. In mid day, when kids had just gotten out of school and people would be around outside. It could be done but it’s very fast and would almost have to have been premeditated.

If she died in the house it doesn't mean she was murdered. Its possible a tragic accident occurred and one or both parents flipped out, hide her body and in doing so did something that made the entire situation 10x worse for them.

Just early on, the most likely scenario was that she wandered away.

I wouldn’t have expected a close family member to have done this, because usually there is a longer delay in reporting. It’s seemingly standard to wait, come up with a plan, and then carry it out. “I looked in her room this morning, and she was gone.”

So next to her getting lost, I would have been open to a neighbor or stranger abduction.

But law enforcement isn’t behaving in the way I would expect, not with those cars being towed, or their messaging.

I can’t ignore that.
I honestly thought she was missing in the woods behind the house too!! I really truly did until I read that faye was close to her grandmother...then I started to think about the fbi in the back of the house with CSI, reports of their interest in some coolers, the statement that she was not abducted, and no one has seen the mother not even at the vigil... considering all this and knowing granny would probably notice if the child was missing I wonder if could be the reason law enforcement was called early on. Also, note that no one is talking about who actually notified the police. I am wondering if it could have been granny.... just personal speculation and I welcome your reflections. Thanks for listening

If she died in the house it doesn't mean she was murdered. Its possible a tragic accident occurred and one or both parents flipped out, hide her body and in doing so did something that made the entire situation 10x worse for them.
Generally, the cover up is because something other than a tragic accident occurred.

In a tragic accident, you call 911. Unless the “accident,” was an act of abuse or criminal negligence.

But even in that scenario, it’s one hell of a pivot to engage in a coverup with little time, and in broad daylight.

I read that the grandmother lives in another town/ state ....not sure. Anyone know?

I also initially thought that Faye may have wandered off, but this doesn't look to be the case at all anymore.
That the mom waited for the bus and walked Faye home indicated to me that she's not neglectful, even protective. But then we never know what's going on behind closed doors. Fits of anger, what have you....accident that looked really bad?

I wonder when the boyfriend came home.

I honestly thought she was missing in the woods behind the house too!! I really truly did until I read that faye was close to her grandmother...then I started to think about the fbi in the back of the house with CSI, reports of their interest in some coolers, the statement that she was not abducted, and no one has seen the mother not even at the vigil... considering all this and knowing granny would probably notice if the child was missing I wonder if could be the reason law enforcement was called early on. Also, note that no one is talking about who actually notified the police. I am wondering if it could have been granny.... just personal speculation and I welcome your reflections. Thanks for listening

My first thought was she was kidnapped simply because of the neighborhood’s proximity to the interstate. All that changed at the press conference this afternoon when it was said LE had not expanded their search out of the neighborhood and when the guy pretty darn definitively stated that she was not abducted. Then they towed the mom’s car away. All I could think of was the mom told LE she was there all afternoon while Faye was playing outside but a surveillance camera caught her car driving off. With Faye? Those were my thoughts.

I read that the grandmother lives in another town/ state ....not sure. Anyone know?

I also initially thought that Faye may have wandered off, but this doesn't look to be the case at all anymore.
That the mom waited for the bus and walked Faye home indicated to me that she's not neglectful, even protective. But then we never know what's going on behind closed doors. Fits of anger, what have you....accident that looked really bad?

I wonder when the boyfriend came home.

Im not sure where grandmother lives (not in the house) but she was in SC at the prayer vigil tonight. No news has said when / if the boyfriend was there.

The timeline is extremely tight - but this could occur if hypothetically there was something spur-of-the-moment (ie not planned out) that ended FS’s life.

The below is all MOO, conjecture, not fact:

FS is deceased, but grandma will be home soon. Grandma and FS are reportedly close, so the window for disposal is short because there is an immediate need to report her missing and behave as such not to tip off grandma.

This means disposal of her body would have to be done quickly and most likely quite close by, somewhere known to those who committed the act.

Things that continue to concern me:
1. Police tape on entrances to house
2. Towing of vehicles
3. Mention that LE does not believe this is an abduction
4. Sticking to one-miles search radius
5. No family pleading on camera for her return
6. Very few family names seem to be mentioned in MSM - so far I believe just dad and his girlfriend name

I believe this is a recovery, and they have someone(s) in their sights. What I can’t figure out is the motive. Wish we had more background on home life to work with.

It's been reported that Faye's mother notified police. MOO

ETA: Cayce Officials Ask For Help From Neighbors, Social Media In Search For Missing 6-Year-Old SC Girl
Faye’s mother reported her missing.

Generally, the cover up is because something other than a tragic accident occurred.

In a tragic accident, you call 911. Unless the “accident,” was an act of abuse or criminal negligence.

But even in that scenario, it’s one hell of a pivot to engage in a coverup with little time, and in broad daylight.
Yeah good point. A parent would call an ambulance if an accident occurred, even if they believed her to be dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon