Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow read this thread from the beginning. I don’t know why I do this to myself.

I am so so sad for this sweet girl. Rainbows and kitties, pink and purple, peace and neon...she is just a little girl:( I don’t have a good feeling in this case. I can think of way too many little ones who were just playing and were never seen again :(

I don’t want to make speculations on this case and I usually love to do that. I am praying for a different outcome than the one my heart tells me will happen...

Can someone direct me to the place we are seeing mom have a boyfriend? I just read a 40 page thread I definitely missed a few things. I only saw the bio dad and a girlfriend mentioned.

Somehow read this thread from the beginning. I don’t know why I do this to myself.

I am so so sad for this sweet girl. Rainbows and kitties, pink and purple, peace and neon...she is just a little girl:( I don’t have a good feeling in this case. I can think of way too many little ones who were just playing and were never seen again :(

I don’t want to make speculations on this case and I usually love to do that. I am praying for a different outcome than the one my heart tells me will happen...

Can someone direct me to the place we are seeing mom have a boyfriend? I just read a 40 page thread I definitely missed a few things. I only saw the bio dad and a girlfriend mentioned.
"We're not ruling anything out," police chief says as search for Faye Swetlik continues in SC, but no indications of abduction at this time
Snellgrove said the child's family has been cooperative. He said the mother, her boyfriend, and Faye's father are all anxiously awaiting her return.

It's been reported that Faye's mother notified police. MOO

ETA: Cayce Officials Ask For Help From Neighbors, Social Media In Search For Missing 6-Year-Old SC Girl
Faye’s mother reported her missing.
Really? Oh dear me..... I totally missed it! I will try to find that information and check out the verbiage? Any chance you noticed anything weird about the mother's phone call/statement? Thanks.

Can someone direct me to the place we are seeing mom have a boyfriend? I just read a 40 page thread I definitely missed a few things. I only saw the bio dad and a girlfriend mentioned.[/QUOTE]

This evening in the press conference law enforcement spoke about the mother's boyfriend...I dont have the link but check wistv it's our local news and they have tons of video. Cheers

Really? Oh dear me..... I totally missed it! I will try to find that information and check out the verbiage? Any chance you noticed anything weird about the mother's phone call/statement? Thanks. I'm sleepy but I will try to look/read right quick. Cheers
We haven't heard from Faye's mother directly - neither phone call or statement. I think it was stated in one of the pressers but I'm tired too, lol. Can't remember which one. MOO

Just early on, the most likely scenario was that she wandered away.

I wouldn’t have expected a close family member to have done this, because usually there is a longer delay in reporting. It’s seemingly standard to wait, come up with a plan, and then carry it out. “I looked in her room this morning, and she was gone.”

So next to her getting lost, I would have been open to a neighbor or stranger abduction.

But law enforcement isn’t behaving in the way I would expect, not with those cars being towed, or their messaging.

I can’t ignore that.

BBM. Yep, this is how it usually goes. I do wonder if it was reported so soon because someone uninvolved raised the alarm. Grandma maybe?

The timeline is extremely tight - but this could occur if hypothetically there was something spur-of-the-moment (ie not planned out) that ended FS’s life.

The below is all MOO, conjecture, not fact:

FS is deceased, but grandma will be home soon. Grandma and FS are reportedly close, so the window for disposal is short because there is an immediate need to report her missing and behave as such not to tip off grandma.

This means disposal of her body would have to be done quickly and most likely quite close by, somewhere known to those who committed the act.

Things that continue to concern me:
1. Police tape on entrances to house
2. Towing of vehicles
3. Mention that LE does not believe this is an abduction
4. Sticking to one-miles search radius
5. No family pleading on camera for her return
6. Very few family names seem to be mentioned in MSM - so far I believe just dad and his girlfriend name

I believe this is a recovery, and they have someone(s) in their sights. What I can’t figure out is the motive. Wish we had more background on home life to work with.

Yes! Sorry. I posted right after you did. I wasn't trying to copy you. I pinky swear.

Also, note that no one is talking about who actually notified the police. I am wondering if it could have been granny.... just personal speculation and I welcome your reflections. Thanks for listening.
RSBM, Shades of Cayley Anthony’s case. Grandma made the call that started the wheels rolling. IMO

I am not buying bio parental involvement in this one, rare as it is. Speaking from experience (sadly I can.) just not feeling it here. I know nothing about the boyfriend so have zero thoughts on that. Please everyone remember that just cos you haven't seen a parent doesn't mean anything, there are several reasons why they may not have been visual, none of which mean they're a suspect. Obviously they will be looked at, I just don't think this one is going that way. JMO

I am not buying bio parental involvement in this one, rare as it is. Speaking from experience (sadly I can.) just not feeling it here. I know nothing about the boyfriend so have zero thoughts on that. Please everyone remember that just cos you haven't seen a parent doesn't mean anything, there are several reasons why they may not have been visual, none of which mean they're a suspect. Obviously they will be looked at, I just don't think this one is going that way. JMO

Not seeing the parents isn't what has me suspicious. It is their cars being towed. Their home sealed off as a crime scene. And LE saying there is no evidence of abduction.

family of missing sc girl speaks out.

(unfortunately, i can't read/see it from the eu). would someone kindly post a synopsis?

Family of missing SC girl speaks out

They basically just reviewed what's already been stated, as far as what investigators have been doing so far on the case.

The grandmother and her friend spoke and both asked that their faces not be shown.

The grandmother, Ruth Collins, or the family friend (not sure which) said, "We have to keep thinking... they're going to find her, we are just waiting on them to do it."

Friend of the grandmother, Monica Foutz, said, "Alot of prayers, ummm.. , we are worried of course... They're distraught, but we are only thinking positive thoughts."

And grandmother said, "I want my baby back, you've got to find her."

Not sure who was speaking but think it was the family friend that then stated, "...Always has a smile on her face, prettiest blue eyes you've ever seen, smile that will melt your heart."

Last edited:
Yes local news and families have been following this story and we are all starting to look very close to home!! I feel like law enforcement was shocking clear tonight!! She was not abducted! Ouch!! Cars in front of the home being towed. Heartbreaking and mind numbing....I hope i am wrong but I am looking closely at the family and listening for past tense verbiage .....
Verbiage isn’t always a clue though. MT’s mom began to use past tense language early on at a press conference. After that, other family members- dad & boyfriend mostly- did the pressers. About a year after Mollie was found & the killer was arrested, she did an interview where she stated she “just knew”.

I think sometimes people do just know in their hearts- not by knowledge or evidence- that their loved one is gone. In this case, I think it’s the logical assumption. Would love to be wrong.

Just early on, the most likely scenario was that she wandered away.

I wouldn’t have expected a close family member to have done this, because usually there is a longer delay in reporting. It’s seemingly standard to wait, come up with a plan, and then carry it out. “I looked in her room this morning, and she was gone.”

So next to her getting lost, I would have been open to a neighbor or stranger abduction.

But law enforcement isn’t behaving in the way I would expect, not with those cars being towed, or their messaging.

I can’t ignore that.
I agree. The only thing I can think of- if fam is involved in quick time frame is this:

argument, strike, hits head, dies, panics, plan to dump, drive off, dump, return, call.

With all the creeks, rivers, ponds & forests... possible to do in 1 hour. Remember Lizzie was a block away under leaves. Many searchers and dogs took days to find her. Multiple people passed the spot multiple times.

I just don't think her mother or grandmother are involved. I'm leaning towards a neighbor, or a boyfriend, <modsnip: removed reference to rumor> I'm not seeing a mother, who cares enough to meet her first grader on time at the bus and walk her home, to kill her less than an hour later. That makes 0 sense to me. Parental involvement is more of "I put her to bed and when I went to check on her 6, 8, 12 hours later she was gone" or "they went to play at a friend's house and didn't come home 4 hours later" (talking about you TS!). We know for a fact she was at home by like 3:05 based on photo evidence and witnesses. So she was noticed missing 40 to 45 minutes later, and the police called at 5. I don't see parental involvement at all with that timeline. Someone saw a small 6 year old alone and pounced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members