SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
:welcome4:

Hello everyone! Another local here. I've been keeping tabs on forums for a few days, then signed up and had to wait for approval to post. Just a few things:

- Someone mentioned alligators in relation to the boat landing/swamp area. At this time of year the vast majority (99%) of the local gator population migrates about 70 miles northeast to the waters outside of the Brunswick Nuclear Plant. This is because the plant keeps the water temperature there steadily warm all year round. Of course, with the strange weather we've been having who knows if one or two got caught still down here.

- Also in regards to the focus on the water, I think it's two fold. For one thing, the colder water temperatures will cause it to take longer for any possible remains to return to surface. Also would preserve some evidence longer than if the water was warm and the wildlife more active. Additionally there are lots of places to get snagged and stuck under there. However I also think that perhaps the focus on the water is for a reason that has nothing to do with her physically being in the water.

- Combining the abnormal focus on the water, the strange wording in some press, the period of time shortly after her disappearance where it seemed "dropped." I think they have something and are trying to expand it to something more. I also think that we ruined their Plan A to get answers by being so relentless and supportive (which is also a good thing don't get me wrong) so now they're on Plan B.

- Ironically the news just came on with a story regarding this case and Jaime's. They're talking with the Independent Search Group that found the remains, and about where they worked today. They searched Ronald McNair Blvd. which is directly across from Burcale Rd. and is near HE's residence and where JC was last seen.

All of this is of course, MOO. Well except that last bit, that's paraphrasing from literally what I was hearing right then on WMBF news at 6.
Thank you for joining us.
I am curious about your thoughts on the possibility that the focus on the water is for a reason that has nothing to do with her physically being in the water. This had not occurred to me before reading your post. Can you tell me/us any what you think they are looking for? Signs she was taken in a boat, maybe?

:welcome4:

Thank you for joining us.
I am curious about your thoughts on the possibility that the focus on the water is for a reason that has nothing to do with her physically being in the water. This had not occurred to me before reading your post. Can you tell me/us any what you think they are looking for? Signs she was taken in a boat, maybe?

It could always be something odd like their looking for the person she was with and she was taken

I hate the fact that our home town is in such a vulnerable state. Dawn Drexel is left still not knowing where her daughter is after 4 agonizing years and heather and Jaime are gone without a trace young girls along the grand strand including myself are looking over our shoulder constantly.

I believe heather took that car to Peachtree on purpose. Maybe she met someone there? Which I would assume the phone records would show. Or maybe something happened at or near her apartment and she was told to ditch the car and she left it on purpose.

This IMHO of coarse as I posted in thread 1 but I agree 100% with CarinaAsh that they are digging too deep. Understandable considering HCPD is not use to these intense crimes. But I still hold firm that in an attempt to not hinder the investigation they have indeed hurt it. Without the information about where she went on that date nobody can say "hey I was there and I remember a suspicious person" at this point peoples memory of where they were and the details are drifting away. Important details are being written off hour by hour that they withhold this information.

HE if you can read this find a way to let someone know where to find you!!

.. And if anyone took this child. Please release her for her family's sake. In the end it will do you NO GOOD to keep OR harm her. But this can all go away if you allow us to find Heather. Because I promise, this will continue until she has been found.

Omg, the fireworks just started at Broadway and I nearly jumped out of my skin. I've been so jumpy lately because of these missing girls.

I wish I was more hopeful for her returning safely. I just do not see it, unless she left on purpose. The girls/women whose names we know who were rescued over the years are known because they are the exceptions.

IMO they have to know who she spoke to or texted before leaving to go out again, if that is what happened. How can that not be a huge head start? Why do these fancy phones so seldom actually help?

JMP

Omg, the fireworks just started at Broadway and I nearly jumped out of my skin. I've been so jumpy lately because of these missing girls.

When someone is taken from your area, it affects everyone in the community. Aside from joining websleuths to hopefully aid in solving a case, I also joined to be supportive of everyone that has been affected by having one of their own missing. I'm sorry you have to go thru this. You have been so helpful in contributing so much to Heather's forum and it breaks my heart and makes me angry that all of this has happened to Heather, her family, friends and community.

At what point should HCPD ask for federal help in the investigation of 3 missing young women in the area (if they haven't already)?

I'm sure their resources must be very taxed by now.

I wish I was more hopeful for her returning safely. I just do not see it, unless she left on purpose. The girls/women whose names we know who were rescued over the years are known because they are the exceptions.

IMO they have to know who she spoke to or texted before leaving to go out again, if that is what happened. How can that not be a huge head start? Why do these fancy phones so seldom actually help?

JMP

I feel sure HCPD know exactly who she was talking to or texting around 3 am, they have to have obtained all of the phone records by now. It's very strange that a 20 year old woman has a date and no one knows where they went or what HE was wearing unless the person she had gone out with or went to meet that night was involved with someone else too and didn't want it known.

Something else that I've wondered is if Heather's roommate is staying in the apt now. If she is, chances are she feels safe there and that Heather may have told her she was leaving to meet someone at PTL.

Ok, just wanted to let everyone know that I think I have a clear understanding on posting info from facebook.

We can link to and paraphrase as long as it is about the case. If its about search information you can copy and paste that if you want to. If its from the media you can link to & copy and paste. Hope this helps.

:tyou:

Does anyone know any recent usernames Heather used online? That could prove very helpful in trying to track down an Internet predator.

I could be wrong but the Twitter account is here https://mobile.twitter.com/HeatherElvis.

*Please note that there is a young girl in Horry County that is also named Heather Elvis. I believe the one in your post is her Twitter account. I know you have ONLY good intentions and may have missed the post on the old thread.

Sorry for the Twitter error, if you quoted my post, could you please self-edit as I have?

Her Instagram is featherelvis , but is private. Her profile is a bit disturbing.

She just started a 'relationship'..........looks so happy on her FB

I googled featherelvis and saw what you saw in profile..........:(

Me too!! My boyfriend keeps telling me I can't live my life in fear (& I agree 100%) but it's hard not to when god knows who or what caused these young women to disappear!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member