SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too!! My boyfriend keeps telling me I can't live my life in fear (& I agree 100%) but it's hard not to when god knows who or what caused these young women to disappear!

I am not trying to blame any of these girls, but being out and about at 3am, you are not always going to run into the safest people :(

I see the featherelvis profile and I don't think it's disturbing. I guess we all perceive things differently. This is JMO as a fellow 20-something girl.

Has LE ruled out runaway? Just curious.
Is her latest boyfriend around? FB says 12/6 relationship.........
Those that personally know her, what are they thinking? Any of her friends posting?
Her roommate (female) moved back to apt??? not afraid???

Me too!! My boyfriend keeps telling me I can't live my life in fear (& I agree 100%) but it's hard not to when god knows who or what caused these young women to disappear!

Have your keys in your hand when you walk to your car or up to your door. On most fobs there is an alarm button that will sound the horn. Not a bad idea to put it by your bed if you don't have an alarm, you can possibly scare off a predator if someone was breaking in to your home. I bought mace at Dick's that fits on my key chain and I familiarized myself with how to use it, it runs about $15. My mace doesn't have an expiration on it but it couldn't last forever so I'd replace it every year to be safe. Don't talk on your cell when walking to your car, it's easy to be distracted and not pay attention to who could be watching you. These are things I began doing after Brittanee Drexel went missing. I was told by a MBPD officer that the safest grocery store at night is Bi-Lo on 38th Avenue, it's very well lit. I know I sound paranoid but you just can't be too careful.

"Be on the Look Out & Share to all internet sites" "Anyone pulled over by an unmarked Police Car, always contact 911 & verify that they are legitimate"!

Police issue warning after law enforcement vehicle stolen
Posted: Dec 31, 2013 5:10 PM EST

Updated: Dec 31, 2013 7:05 PM EST
By Jennifer Emert

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) -
A warning tonight after a state law enforcement vehicle was stolen over the weekend. It's an unmarked South Carolina Probation, Parole, and Pardon Services vehicle. The vehicle is equipped with blue lights, which is why law enforcement is warning the public.

The Sheriff's Department says it's impossible to know if the person who stole the vehicle knew it was a law enforcement vehicle. That's why they're warning people to be cautious if they are pulled over by an unmarked law enforcement vehicle.
<sniped - read more>

22 yr old Heather Elvis Missing Myrtle Beach/Horry County, SC 12/18/2013 - car found at Peachtree landing boat ramp.
( aprox 150 miles away)Springdale, SC - BOLO Police Imposter.. Violent sexual assault of college coed earlier this week..
Coincidence? maybe, & maybe not, imo..

Note: The SPD PIO actually holds a press conference to update the public for awareness & provides a suspect sketch and vehicle description to BOLO..

http://www.wistv.com/video?clipid=9455504&autoStart=true

Google Map - note Coastal Carolina University location to points of interest in Heather and Britanee's disappearance:

https://www.google.com/maps/preview...!13m1!1e1!13m1!1e1!7m4!11m3!1m1!1e1!2b1&fid=0

I think starting at the pub where she worked and the intimate circle of friends is clearly the first starting point.

These pubs have no issue in advertising what they are selling. A good time to be had, and look at all the lovely young women.

1491727_786429341373125_28695090_n.png

https://www.facebook.com/TiltedKiltMyrtleBeach

This case is hard to provide input on without any Le updates. Surely by this point they know what kind of information can be provided.

Maybe Le thinks someone picked her up by boat and transported her somewhere. Do any of the people HE associate with own a boat or one of them shacks that is on the river. Anyone talking about going boating, fishing.

"Be on the Look Out & Share to all internet sites" "Anyone pulled over by an unmarked Police Car, always contact 911 & verify that they are legitimate"!

Police issue warning after law enforcement vehicle stolen
Posted: Dec 31, 2013 5:10 PM EST

Updated: Dec 31, 2013 7:05 PM EST
By Jennifer Emert

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) -
A warning tonight after a state law enforcement vehicle was stolen over the weekend. It's an unmarked South Carolina Probation, Parole, and Pardon Services vehicle. The vehicle is equipped with blue lights, which is why law enforcement is warning the public.

The Sheriff's Department says it's impossible to know if the person who stole the vehicle knew it was a law enforcement vehicle. That's why they're warning people to be cautious if they are pulled over by an unmarked law enforcement vehicle.
<sniped - read more>

22 yr old Heather Elvis Missing Myrtle Beach/Horry County, SC 12/18/2013 - car found at Peachtree landing boat ramp.
( aprox 150 miles away)Springdale, SC - BOLO Police Imposter.. Violent sexual assault of college coed earlier this week..
Coincidence? maybe, & maybe not, imo..

Note: The SPD PIO actually holds a press conference to update the public for awareness & provides a suspect sketch and vehicle description to BOLO..

http://www.wistv.com/video?clipid=9455504&autoStart=true

Google Map - note Coastal Carolina University location to points of interest in Heather and Britanee's disappearance: https://www.google.com/maps/preview#...!1e1!2b1&fid=0

WOW! scarey!

Has LE ruled out runaway? Just curious.
Is her latest boyfriend around? FB says 12/6 relationship.........
Those that personally know her, what are they thinking? Any of her friends posting?
Her roommate (female) moved back to apt??? not afraid???

Heather is 20 years old, she lives with a roommate and was getting ready to start a new job at a salon. Would the first two variables qualify her to the police as a runaway? I'm asking because I don't know.

<Mod Snip>

This case is hard to provide input on without any Le updates. Surely by this point they know what kind of information can be provided.

Unfortunately, this (silence from LE) is status quo in missing persons case and I think it is a huge mistake. In many of the cases where the person has now been missing for years, LE clammed up from day one. I think LE worries too much about evidence and court cases and not enough about finding the person. And guess what, if they don't find the person, there is not going to be a case 99% of the time. I think it is just an automatic reaction by LE, i.e secrecy.

By the time they begin to give out a detail or two, it may be six months later and no one remembers anything useful. In Holly Bobo's case (missing a few years now) they still will not even say which of her items are missing. In Kortne's case in PA, we know no more now than we did a year and half ago when she vanished from her apartment. I could go on...but the point is, LE mishandles many of these cases from the start IMO and it is almost impossible to make up for it later.

I hope they have an idea of the what and the who regarding Heather. Otherwise, we will be looking at another Brittany.

JMOJMOJMOJMOJMOJMO

(i have LE in my family, so I am not anti-LE. I just think they do not do well with MP cases overall.)

Would you pull into the boat landing and shut your phone off if your were being pulled over by an unmarked police car. Could be a possible scenario.

Have your keys in your hand when you walk to your car or up to your door. On most fobs there is an alarm button that will sound the horn. Not a bad idea to put it by your bed if you don't have an alarm, you can possibly scare off a predator if someone was breaking in to your home. I bought mace at Dick's that fits on my key chain and I familiarized myself with how to use it, it runs about $15. My mace doesn't have an expiration on it but it couldn't last forever so I'd replace it every year to be safe. Don't talk on your cell when walking to your car, it's easy to be distracted and not pay attention to who could be watching you. These are things I began doing after Brittanee Drexel went missing. I was told by a MBPD officer that the safest grocery store at night is Bi-Lo on 38th Avenue, it's very well lit. I know I sound paranoid but you just can't be too careful.

I have a self-defense "kitty cat" keychain (looks like a novelty item but has two holes to put your fingers in & the ears are extremely sharp & it's made out of some type of strong unbreakable plastic) that I always have my hands on when walking from my car. It would easily hurt someone if they tried to mess with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz