SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Fb page is mostly a prayer page now, you have to read everything to see if maybe there is anything else there, IMO. And I hate Fb, it is too quirky for me, always shuts down etc.

People get so sensitive about anything is not good wishes on those pages...but to me, searching after nearly a month is not in hopes of finding a live victim, sadly. IMO ground searches may be the only way to find her, though usually people are found by accident.

I guess there is that slim chance someone took her off to another state as a captive, but it is my least likely theory. I am not sure national media would be as useful as a fact sheet from local LE to clarify rumors, times, dates and accompanied by photos of car, places she went on the Tuesday, and various pics of her.

This is so true. Someone said they were disappointed that there wasn't as much attention being paid to another local missing person, and people got so outraged over it.

I love my kahr .45. I'm very small, have tiny hands. it's my sweetie lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

It appears that similar message is being conveyed from that place of business in FBFHE

I hope no one thought I was suggesting to sleuth RSOs and their property and post it on Web Sleuths. I know that would be against the rules. However, I do think this could be a good research strategy to determine if any RSOs in the area own a pontoon boat if property/tax information is public, especially since there's been specific mention of a pontoon boat with missing lights on its trailer being in the PTL area around the time HE went missing. If anything is found, it could then be turned over to LE to go from there (assuming they haven't already been down this road). Does anyone know if such a database exists?

The Fb page is mostly a prayer page now, you have to read everything to see if maybe there is anything else there, IMO. And I hate Fb, it is too quirky for me, always shuts down etc. snipped...

I think they are asking that tips be sent privately by message. They don't want to page to be a place where tips are put out in the open. They want it to be a place to post updates, such as searches, news coverage, etc etc. As far as the prayers go, the family is religious and it probably helps them to know so many are praying.

Anyone happen to see the info on FHEFB saying that a satellite image was taken of the area on 12/18?

yes, very interesting. I hope the family sees that and follows up on it.

The old saying "if it ain't broke; don't fix it". It's broke(n).

Right now, I think the Elvis family should take some time to regroup, refocus and renew. Have a meeting of the minds and think outside the box. There are a lot of intelligent people working on this and there have to be new ideas to help Heather. moo.

What an answer to prayer it would be to have satellite imagery available for that time!

Sometimes there are alot of shady people on government installations, for instance through contractors. If the installation has a contractor doing any type of work, ie building, remodeling, laying flooring...whatever you don't know who is working for them. I lived in secure military housing that was building new houses and the supervisor of the construction crew kidnapped and murdered a 5yo year old boy right in our neighborhood. It's been years ago now, but the boy's name was Adam Finch. It was particularly scarey because the portable offices they used were right behind my house and the man drove by several times a day, all during with my children were in the yard playing. It took over a year to find the remains of Adam, by hunters. The case was never officially 'solved' because the man who did it shot himself in the head a few days after he was fingered as the suspect. I'll never forget the sounds of helicopters flying over and infra-red airplanes searching. The entire community out searching and searching. Turns out he was about 50 miles away..within miles of where investigators had been searching based on the suspects drive to work (he lived in another town and stayed in our town during the week) and even based on the soil samples they took off his tires...

I've heard RSO's getting on base as contractors. In the particular case I saw, though, it was supposed to require a higher clearance than what is usually required for contractor personnel. Should have been EASILY picked up on with the required background check. A slam dunk. No brainer. The check was never done, however.

What an answer to prayer it would be to have satellite imagery available for that time!

Someone on here mentioned using something called TOMNOD by DigitalGlobe Foundation. Supposedly in the past it has been used to locate lost climbers/hikers. Regarding the capability to obtain imagery from a previous date or even how long it is available is something I don't believe we have verified.

Someone on here mentioned using something called TOMNOD by DigitalGlobe Foundation. Supposedly in the past it has been used to locate lost climbers/hikers. Regarding the capability to obtain imagery from a previous date or even how long it is available is something I don't believe we have verified.

Well, I just looked at the FB page and that is EXACTLY where the person extracted it from. An satellite image of the site on the 18th might help with the timeline regarding how early HE's car was parked at the landing.

Hoping the 66 days does not have to do with extreme dieting...she did seem overly concerned with her weight, IMO. I may be over-sensitive as my sister had anorexia and eventually died of organ failure when she got too thin...:(

In Fla. does a makeup artist need to be an esthetician and have a license from the state?

Hoping the 66 days does not have to do with extreme dieting...she did seem overly concerned with her weight, IMO. I may be over-sensitive as my sister had anorexia and eventually died of organ failure when she got too thin...:(

I'm really sorry, clu! I know what it feels like to lose a sister.

Well, I just looked at the FB page and that is EXACTLY where the person extracted it from. An satellite image of the site on the 18th might help with the timeline regarding how early HE's car was parked at the landing.

Can that same person provide imagery from the day of the date? Both before & after pickup/drop off as well as the next morning at River Oaks?

The old saying "if it ain't broke; don't fix it". It's broke(n).

Right now, I think the Elvis family should take some time to regroup, refocus and renew. Have a meeting of the minds and think outside the box. There are a lot of intelligent people working on this and there have to be new ideas to help Heather. moo.

With all due respect, what is broke? Their daughter is missing and they are doing everything they can to find her. They can't "take some time to regroup," every second still counts, every minute will always count until she is found.

Who is to say they aren't thinking outside of the box? There is a lot going on behind the scenes and I am sure that they know a lot more than we do. If they had a new idea or a new strategy, they certainly wouldn't broadcast it to the public.

Does anyone know if LE can check Twitter records to see who may have been lurking on Heather's page for a while before her disappearance?

The Fb page is mostly a prayer page now, you have to read everything to see if maybe there is anything else there, IMO. And I hate Fb, it is too quirky for me, always shuts down etc.

People get so sensitive about anything is not good wishes on those pages...but to me, searching after nearly a month is not in hopes of finding a live victim, sadly. IMO ground searches may be the only way to find her, though usually people are found by accident.

I guess there is that slim chance someone took her off to another state as a captive, but it is my least likely theory. I am not sure national media would be as useful as a fact sheet from local LE to clarify rumors, times, dates and accompanied by photos of car, places she went on the Tuesday, and various pics of her.

Totally agree. It's very hard to sift through all the clutter. One of the reasons I landed on WS in the first place. But, it too has it's limitations, rules, and constraints (no offense WS).

There just needs to be an outlet to discuss HE's disappearance in a positive and productive way outside the confines of the current channels.

Obviously, neither has helped up to this point. And, time is only slipping by us and HE (most importantly) further and further.

I have considered the idea of local meet-up group. Just not sure how or where to begin and if it's even feasible?

Thoughts anyone? Has this ever been done before?

Is there a distributor or beauty supply store that serves salons in the area?
They would know if she was interested and ordered anything. Asked for classes etc.

Sally is the only one I know of... wait wait no. There's also an Ulta somewhere here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member