SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roommate made a comment on FHEFB page, yesterday, I think it was. And then I linked to her account for further comments on her feelings about the situation.

Middle initial matches. Does anyone know if her high school has a tech school component where a student can do HS classes part of the day and classes towards a cosmetology license, CNA, etc? If that's the case then it makes more sense, although issuing it in 7/2011 originally still confuses me a bit.

But at least now we know HE is a licensed cosmetologist.

Jenna

Jenna, great find. The local high school calls it "running start". You can attend college while still in HS. Great program.

If HE earned her license and it was valid till 2015, that's just another reason I don't think she left voluntarily. Earning a certificate/license/degree is a giant accomplishment and most people want to enjoy the success. All moo.

As an Air Force member myself, yes a Captain, let alone Enlisted or Officers would not just up and run for no good reason. It's a stretch but, Shaw AFB where he is stationed is only 90-100 miles from Myrtle Beach, My belief is he headed dead west when spotted in Waco Georgia, buuut, it's not a stretch to believe he went southeast, then west. After all, both were last seen on Dec 18.

"I am curious why the details of what HE was last SEEN wearing were not released? Since she was last SEEN by her date, it seems these details would be very important for the public to know. An article of clothing, purse, cell phone could surface ANYWHERE and if it's not in the thoughts of the public it could easily be discarded... I recently read about a home abduction that took place in Columbia SC area and the young girls phone was found in Myrtle Beach near Walmart/ Seaboard St... The family and community has done such an amazing job getting HE's disappearance out there but the public needs to be aware of these details just in case something should surface so it is not overlooked."

Then you have this quoted from post 941 from Missing Link. Sorry, I suck at multi quoting. But Columbia SC is where the missing Captain resided. Was he up to some shady stuff before all of this??? Who knows. I suck at sleuthing, and mostly lurk, just my :twocents:.

The man responsible for the young girls abduction and murder in Columbia was caught (not sure if he has been sentenced yet) but, indeed... this is an interesting thought, him being on the run does look as though he is hiding something.

Jenna, great find. The local high school calls it "running start". You can attend college while still in HS. Great program.

If HE earned her license and it was valid till 2015, that's just another reason I don't think she left voluntarily. Earning a certificate/license/degree is a giant accomplishment and most people want to enjoy the success. All moo.

It threw me off because she's 20, and in my world people who graduated in 2011 have turned 21, but she has a late summer birthday. Bad math on my part, so it completely makes sense that she did the cosmetology program while in HS, earned her license in July of 2011 after passing the state exam. Don't know why that bothered me so much!

Jenna

As an Air Force member myself, yes a Captain, let alone Enlisted or Officers would not just up and run for no good reason. It's a stretch but, Shaw AFB where he is stationed is only 90-100 miles from Myrtle Beach, My belief is he headed dead west when spotted in Waco Georgia, buuut, it's not a stretch to believe he went southeast, then west. After all, both were last seen on Dec 18.

"I am curious why the details of what HE was last SEEN wearing were not released? Since she was last SEEN by her date, it seems these details would be very important for the public to know. An article of clothing, purse, cell phone could surface ANYWHERE and if it's not in the thoughts of the public it could easily be discarded... I recently read about a home abduction that took place in Columbia SC area and the young girls phone was found in Myrtle Beach near Walmart/ Seaboard St... The family and community has done such an amazing job getting HE's disappearance out there but the public needs to be aware of these details just in case something should surface so it is not overlooked."

Then you have this quoted from post 941 from Missing Link. Sorry, I suck at multi quoting. But Columbia SC is where the missing Captain resided. Was he up to some shady stuff before all of this??? Who knows. I suck at sleuthing, and mostly lurk, just my :twocents:.
They might not place such obvious importance on what she was wearing when she was last seen if they found what her date saw her wearing in her home. Possibly knowing for sure she must have changed clothes... just speculating

It was posted earlier on the FHE FB page, about 7 hours ago. It's still there.

Are you taking about where BB asks people to fill out CUE applications? I guess I was looking for something more specific, dates & times. But thanks!

Are you taking about where BB asks people to fill out CUE applications? I guess I was looking for something more specific, dates & times. But thanks!

Actually I just received an email from CUE while I was posting here:

"Search for Heather Elvis on January 11, 2014 (Saturday) 9:00 am at the corner of "Dick Scobee Drive and Ronald McNair Road in Myrtle Beach, SC you will see the set up. Please bring a current identification with you and dress for the weather, proper footwear. thank you"

"Search for Heather Elvis on January 11, 2014 (Saturday) 9:00 am at the corner of "Dick Scobee Drive and Ronald McNair Road in Myrtle Beach, SC you will see the set up. Please bring a current identification with you and dress for the weather, proper footwear. thank you"

Thank you for searching Cgs. I understand it's long hours, freezing *advertiser censored** cold and you have no idea what to expect. You are very helpful and I appreciate your efforts.

In that post her boss put in all caps that people should not keep going after specific people who are cooperating and are trying to move on with their lives. I am sure LE knows about any RSO's working there and have more than covered their bases there. As for the one that keeps getting brought up here even using his initials and his job title on here lets it be know who he is. In all reality he was young..21 and the girl was 16. And it was a long time ago. We don't know the circumstances surrounding the incident but it doesn't sound like this person is a rapist/murderer. I think he's been sleuthed enough.

snipped by me...

Personally and IMO, no way am I ready to take DH off my radar.
Why...
1) He is an RSO who both lived near and worked with HE.
2) He has 2 fb pages. Why? As an RSO, is he even supposed to have one?
3) He is married, and there has been enough convincing talk, IMO, that HE may have been involved with a married man.
4) The fact that he was 21 and she 16 tells me nothing...I don't know the details of the crime, does anyone?

I agree, he does seem to have plenty of support from the TK folks...but sometimes it's hard to see the forest through the trees, if you know what I mean.

If I am wrong about my thoughts that he is sketchy, well...then I'm wrong. Won't be the first time. But, IMO I can more easily make a case for why he could be involved then why he couldn't be...

I may be in the minority in thinking he had something to do with this...but in my years of sleuthing....this dude sets off my hinky meter....more than most. Yet, as a disclaimer, I know I tend to err on the side of overly skeptical/ cautious....so maybe I am wrong.

Regarding CUE searches. Does LE share information with CUE , or advise CUE about what areas need to be searched ?

oh...hey there guests! Please come in! It's easy and...we would love your help!!!!

(BTW...We were all guests at one point too!)

snipped by me...

Why...
3) He is married, and there has been enough convincing talk, IMO, that HE may have been involved with a married man.
4) The fact that he was 21 and she 16 tells me nothing...I don't know the details of the crime, does anyone?

I agree, he does seem to have plenty of support from the TK folks...but sometimes it's hard to see the forest through the trees, if you know what I mean.

If I am wrong about my thoughts that he is sketchy, well...then I'm wrong. Won't be the first time. But, IMO I can more easily make a case for why he could be involved then why he couldn't be...

I may be in the minority in thinking he had something to do with this...but in my years of sleuthing....this dude sets off my hinky meter....more than most. Yet, as a disclaimer, I know I tend to err on the side of overly skeptical/ cautious....so maybe I am wrong.

Maybe his employer made the comment about everyone at TK cooperating and everyone having a chance to lead a productive life or something like that because she knows he had an alibi and it checked out.
I don't think in this day and age an employer of a big franchise would come out publicly and blindly support a known RSO.
It was clear in her comments who she was speaking about. So my thoughts are she has reason to be so firmly supportive-she is much closer to all of this than we obviously are. Or maybe I give her too much credit.

Eta clarification

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I missed 75% of NG..........did she have anything on about HE?

False advice. .380 is a fine self defense weapon for a woman imo.

A shotgun? We're not all Elly May Clampett. LOL!
For you youngins, here's a link ~ The Beverly Hillbillies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A 20 gauge in close quarters in a house will do the job and not have a bad recoil of a 12 ga or 12 ga magnum and, in fact, is better in close quarters than most any handgun.

With regard to a .380, though, I personally prefer a .45, but, hey, a .380 satisfies Rule # 1 of the 25 Rules of a Gunfight.

[Rule # 1 - Have a gun.]

snipped by me...

Why...

#4 tells me something.

Tells me he once liked younger women. I myself have always had a thing for younger women. I have always preferred the look of a younger woman & when I tried to date, found it difficult to date my age, let alone an older woman.

Jmo that probably won't change

False advice. .380 is a fine self defense weapon for a woman imo.

A shotgun? We're not all Elly May Clampett. LOL!
For you youngins, here's a link ~ The Beverly Hillbillies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An 18" barrel semi auto shotgun will not only scare the bejezus out of a criminal but like i wrote earlier it's point and click..no aiming and you'll clear out a hallway in one shot with the right ammo. the earlier posts by others in regards to trying different guns/calibers tp see what you feel comfortable with is spot on.If you can handle a .380 you can handle a 9mm or a .40, both better stopping power and that's what it comes down to,imo. Otherwise use a .22.
In NYC it is nearly impossible to get a gun permit and up to a year in the outer boroughs/very tight restrictions to obtain a ccw//dont need to be Ellie May even though she was a looker and a very good shot LOL

I don't know about MB but Charleston is calling for 80% chance of rain with possibility of severe thunderstorms Saturday, with clear skies on Sunday. I wonder if they check the weather forecasts before they plan on which weekend day to do searches.

snipped by me...

Why...

In my honest opinion you're not wrong. I feel the reason why there are two fb accounts is one is the sons who I think also worked at TK. The father is the RSO who is listed as the kitchen manager of TK. I am not sure what the son did for TK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74