SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone happen to find RSO RMs current residence? We are allowed to post that right? I just thought about it after reading something & found it. Couldn't recall if it was still needed.

Did anyone happen to find RSO RMs current residence? We are allowed to post that right? I just thought about it after reading something & found it. Couldn't recall if it was still needed.

I'm not sure he has been officially named a POI?

I'm pretty confused about this. I would think the victims SM could be linked because they are the author of those accounts. The information contained within paints a picture as to lifestyle/state of mind/hobbies they may lend a clue as to what was normal for this person and what may have went down.

The SM contains information only.

Labels are attached by people.

I'm pretty sure we are talking about not posting/linking the SM site that she accessed last. These were the last things she put out into the world. I think something could be learned from them.

And I'm talking about providing links only not screenshots :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my point as well, thank-you. There are many new followers here from the NG coverage, I can see by the guest count, and not everyone even knows what SM means, let alone "proof" and "fact" of HE's drug use.

I, personally, infer certain things from pictures and comments as well, but, that doesn't mean it's "fact", or that people shouldn't be directed to that to see for themselves.

I'm not comfortable with the whole thing at this point, and this is "usually" the way WS works, but, it can get dicey with the SM (Social Media) stuff, I totally get that.

However, I do understand the rules are that the victim's SM are linkable, and certainly should be when stating "facts" like the victim uses drugs.

This is JMO, and I am not trying to be snarky. Just trying to be clear.

sorry but what is RSO RM?

I am bothered by this whole boat ramp thing as well. When the case was in its early stages, someone from the peach tree landing neighborhood reported that a car had been there since the Monday before Heather went missing. I can understand concern for a car being in that spot for a couple of days but now we know that Heather's car couldn't have been there before the early morning hours of Wednesday the 18th. So if the car was reported being down there on Thursday the 19th, it had only been there a day. Would a car being down there a day be cause to alarm a neighbor? How can someone get mixed up between scar being there one day and the reported three days the car had been sitting there? Did someone in the beginning try to alter the timeline by making it seem as if the car was there longer? I also have heard the person reporting said they were mistaken but it seems like a big time discrepancy. Later, it seemed to change that a police officer found Heathers car. Did he find it because of the neighbors call?

Or the fact that HE went there to "get away" is something she did on a regular basis.

My choice for not linking direct from HE SM is simple.

On some of her SM accounts the contents are IMO very explicit. And that does not need to be on WS. And I do not feel such material needs to be linked.

Here is a link to her twitter acct.

https://twitter.com/HeatherElvis

You are correct CC880, we don't need to link to anything explicit but it is necessary that we have a link when stating something as fact, unless of course it has to do with your job as a LEO. Or are you saying you know insider info on Heather too?

A few thoughts running through my head - JMO

I believe that the reason HE's car has not been part of the "tip info" is because LE knows she drove it to PTL. There would be nothing suspicious about her driving from her apartment (even at that hour). Nothing to see. Hopefully, if there is video from all directions going to PTL, with the minimal amount of traffic at that hour of the morning, other vehicles heading down to PTL will be identified.

WHO/WHY she met at PTL is the question and, of course, everything that happened after that. It makes PTL the jumping off point of interest. Cell tower pings in the same timeframe as HE could narrow the search for the WHO. I believe LE knows the WHO(s) and needs more evidence of wrongdoing.

My heart breaks every day for the Elvis family. I so want Heather to be found safe and soon; but, I fear that is not going to happen.

I am bothered by this whole boat ramp thing as well. When the case was in its early stages, someone from the peach tree landing neighborhood reported that a car had been there since the Monday before Heather went missing. I can understand concern for a car being in that spot for a couple of days but now we know that Heather's car couldn't have been there before the early morning hours of Wednesday the 18th. So if the car was reported being down there on Thursday the 19th, it had only been there a day. Would a car being down there a day be cause to alarm a neighbor? How can someone get mixed up between scar being there one day and the reported three days the car had been sitting there? Did someone in the beginning try to alter the timeline by making it seem as if the car was there longer? I also have heard the person reporting said they were mistaken but it seems like a big time discrepancy. Later, it seemed to change that a police officer found Heathers car. Did he find it because of the neighbors call?

Do you remember what the source was for the neighbor calling it in? I've read all the MSM news and don't remember seeing it there.
Was it someone posting here? Was that verified information or just rumor? I remember reading this info in the early threads but I do not remember it ever being stated on an article. So I've chalked it up to rumor.

The only thing I've read about the car being found at the landing is that an officer patrolling the area notices the abandoned car and called her dad. (I did not interpret this to mean that the officer recognized whose car it was, I interpreted it as he checked the vin number to see who it was registered to and then made a call. Maybe I'm wrong)

If someone did call in to say it had been there since mon it could be because they intentionally were trying to goof the timeline,

or maybe HE car was there mon night late, she left, came back Tuesday night late then it sat until dad came,

Or maybe they were just off by a day. I have weeks like that, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RSO is "Registered Sex Offender." RM is the initials of a particular person some sleuthers have thought might be connected to this case.

I think I have this right: we can talk about registered offenders and their public record in a non-harassing way. Things like their crime and where they live/work/etc. in relation to the victim.

It seems investigators think someone is not telling them everything they know, not cooperating. Who could that person be? Lots of possibilities, here is one: If something happened close to 3:41 when her phone had its last communication (we don't know if that was a call or text) it might be that communication someone isn't cooperating about. LE would know who the communication was with but if it was a call they would not know the content.
This makes me think it is likely that someone Heather knows is not being as helpful as the investigators would like.

don't forget to share her poster and story on FB regardless of where you live or what you think happened to her. There is still a possibility she went off with someone or that they took her out of state and she is alive and well. I live in FL so I keep sharing her face because you never know who will see it. For some reason there have been several missing persons turn up here, alive and just doing there "thing". Thanks

A few thoughts running through my head - JMO

I believe that the reason HE's car has not been part of the "tip info" is because LE knows she drove it to PTL. There would be nothing suspicious about her driving from her apartment (even at that hour). Nothing to see. Hopefully, if there is video from all directions going to PTL, with the minimal amount of traffic at that hour of the morning, other vehicles heading down to PTL will be identified.

WHO/WHY she met at PTL is the question and, of course, everything that happened after that. It makes PTL the jumping off point of interest. Cell tower pings in the same timeframe as HE could narrow the search for the WHO. I believe LE knows the WHO(s) and needs more evidence of wrongdoing.

My heart breaks every day for the Elvis family. I so want Heather to be found safe and soon; but, I fear that is not going to happen.

Bolded by me...might be true ..but ,what if she wasn't alone?

I'm not sure he has been officially named a POI?

No, there's hasn't been any POI noted that I know of. I just recall the conversation. But couldn't recall if it was allowed to state, so I asked first. I'd check TOS but I'm on my cell & so it's not as easy to read.

It seems investigators think someone is not telling them everything they know, not cooperating. Who could that person be? Lots of possibilities, here is one: If something happened close to 3:41 when her phone had its last communication (we don't know if that was a call or text) it might be that communication someone isn't cooperating about. LE would know who the communication was with but if it was a call they would not know the content.
This makes me think it is likely that someone Heather knows is not being as helpful as the investigators would like.

Could be, especially as LE said something about "last person who admitted contact with her" or something like that, which may be her roommate. So maybe the very last contact at 3:41am was to for from someone who denied hearing from her.

Another possibility -- this is just brainstorming so probably way off base.

HE has a date and it goes really well and she comes home happy. Talks to her roommate about it, does some social media, putters around the apartment.

Starts to remember the person she (might have) broken up with a few months back. Starts to feel sad about the old relationship. Maybe starts to feel like she has to get out of the house -- maybe she's hungry or maybe just restless. Maybe picks up food at a drivethrough and takes it out to a place she's familiar with, where we now know she liked to go to be alone.

Sits there for a while munching her hamburger and watching the water.

And then???

Could be, especially as LE said something about "last person who admitted contact with her" or something like that, which may be her roommate. So maybe the very last contact at 3:41am was to for from someone who denied hearing from her.

If that were to be true (how could they deny it, LE has the phone number ,right?unless of course somebody other than the owner of record used that phone and there lies the uncooperative person )...you have poi #1,imo.

RSO; Registered Sex Offender - TIER 3 are the worst category
http://www.cga.ct.gov/2006/rpt/2006-R-0765.htm

FEDERAL LAW ON CLASSIFYING SEX OFFENDERS

SUMMARY

A new federal law, the “Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006” (P.L. 109-248), took effect July 27, 2006. It makes a number of changes regarding sex offender laws including imposing on the states sex offender registry requirements, requirements on where and when a sex offender must register, and notification provisions.

The new law requires each jurisdiction to maintain a sex offender registry that conforms to its provisions

TIERS

A Tier III sex offender is the most serious classification. These sex offenders are convicted of an offense that is punishable by more than one year in prison and:

1. is comparable or more severe than one of the following federal crimes or conspiracy or attempt to commit one of them: aggravated sexual abuse, sexual abuse, or abusive sexual contact against a minor under age 13;

2. involves kidnapping a minor, unless the actor is a parent or guardian; or

3. occurs after the offender became a Tier II sex offender.

A Tier III sex offender must register for life, unless he is a juvenile delinquent in which cases the registration period is 25 years if he maintains a clean record.

A Tier II sex offender is someone convicted of an offense punishable by more than one year in prison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaVonD