SC - Mallory Beach, 19, found deceased after boat crash, Beaufort Co, 24 Feb 2019 *Alex Murdaugh charged*

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/l...PZER2H7ejRh0Faj26KZpI3Z1leh6VPzpLUr5qSzwy03Vw

"Connor Cook, one of six passengers aboard the Sea Hunt boat that crashed and killed Mallory Beach in 2019, said in sworn testimony that he was scared to tell police Paul Murdaugh was driving the boat because of the Murdaugh family’s influence, according to court documents filed in Richland County Wednesday.

Cook, in his testimony to attorneys from the separate wrongful death suit, appears to reference two other deaths — Stephen Smith and Gloria Satterfield — rumored to be connected to the Murdaugh family.

“I mean, just anything they get in, they get out of,” Cook said, referring to the Murdaughs. “I’ve always been told that.' "

ETA another snippet:

"Cook told attorneys that “a couple of things that had happened in Hampton” concerned him about the Murdaugh family. Asked what made him scared, Cook responded: “Them being who they are.” He references a rumor that “Paul had pushed his housemate down the stairs and she died and nothing ever happened.” This rumor — with the name Gloria Satterfield — have circulated online in the wake of Paul Murdaugh’s death."

Last edited:
wistv.com has a new report up, I guess it’s new but haven’t read it all yet, about AM and LE trying to frame the Cook kid on that crash and telling them to stay quiet about who was operating the boat.

Here's the link:

CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - New court documents filed Wednesday revealed why Connor Cook told attorneys the Murdaughs and some law enforcement officers may have been trying to frame him as the driver of a boat involved in a deadly crash in Beaufort County in 2019. A

[...]

Cook told attorneys he lied to investigators about knowing who was driving the boat when it crashed because he was told by Alex Murdaugh, Paul’s father, that he “didn’t need to tell anyone who was driving,” a deposition revealed.

Revealing deposition claims Alex Murdaugh told man to keep quiet about who was driving boat before deadly crash

Here's the link:

CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - New court documents filed Wednesday revealed why Connor Cook told attorneys the Murdaughs and some law enforcement officers may have been trying to frame him as the driver of a boat involved in a deadly crash in Beaufort County in 2019. A

[...]

Cook told attorneys he lied to investigators about knowing who was driving the boat when it crashed because he was told by Alex Murdaugh, Paul’s father, that he “didn’t need to tell anyone who was driving,” a deposition revealed.

Revealing deposition claims Alex Murdaugh told man to keep quiet about who was driving boat before deadly crash
With all this bad publicity it wouldn't surprise me if the PMPED Law Firm tried to push AM out of the law firm his great-grandfather founded in 1910.

PMPED doesn't want this sort of attention.

Does anyone have access to this article (it's behind a paywall) maybe share any of it? I'm curious abut Satterfield.

(Not sure what you think is in the article but maybe this would get more traction on the Paul & Maggie thread?)

I'm not sure there is an acceptable MSM article that confirms the rumors about Satterfield's accident, although I have read them a number of places and in this thread. Everything I recall only says that there was a "slip and fall" for which AM was hit up for a "wrongful death" settlement. I was disturbed to read that the attorney (who I believe was in AM's old firm, MOO) for Satterfield's family took a big chunk of the $500k payment, something like $175k.

I would also like to know more about Satterfield and what actually happened. I'm assuming part of the settlement was that the family could never discuss. I tried looking for her death certificate but learned that in SC they aren't made public information until 50 yrs after the death (exception must be release by LE like PM's). I also tried looking on Legacy and Dignity, but couldn't find an obit for Satterfield.

I think if there were any MSM accounts of the accident or biographical info on Satterfield we would have seen in in this thread by now.

JMO on all above.

Last edited:
(Not sure what you think is in the article but maybe this would get more traction on the Paul & Maggie thread?)

I'm not sure there is an acceptable MSM article that confirms the rumors about Satterfield's accident, although I have read them a number of places and in this thread. Everything I recall only says that there was a "slip and fall" for which AM was hit up for a "wrongful death" settlement. I was disturbed to read that the attorney (who I believe was in AM's old firm, MOO) for Satterfield's family took a big chunk of the $500k payment, something like $175k.

I would also like to know more about Satterfield and what actually happened. I'm assuming part of the settlement was that the family could never discuss. I tried looking for her death certificate but learned that in SC they aren't made public information until 50 yrs after the death (exception must be release by LE like PM's). I also tried looking on Legacy and Dignity, but couldn't find an obit for Satterfield.

I think if there were any MSM accounts of the accident or biographical info on Satterfield we would have seen in in this thread by now.

JMO on all above.

A link has been posted before. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit, here it is:

stmarysmead, thoughtfully posted it here:

Obituary for Gloria Satterfield | Brice W. Herndon and Sons Funeral Home

A link has been posted before. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit, here it is:

stmarysmead, thoughtfully posted it here:

Obituary for Gloria Satterfield | Brice W. Herndon and Sons Funeral Home
Thank you so much for running this down -- I apologize because now I remember seeing and reading this when @StMaryMead posted it before.

Interesting (I guess not surprising) they do not indicate the cause of death. When this was published there wouldn't have been enough time for the wrongful death case to have settled in which I'm sure there must have been a gag clause forbidding the beneficiaries of the insurance money to discuss of the "trip & fall."

I'm getting a picture of someone meeting Mrs. Satterfield's family as they arrived at the hospital after the "trip & fall" and telling them not to talk to anyone and he would take care of everything :eek: ... but I don't know -- just my imagination.

JMO.

- - - - - edited to add:
allyoucanleavebehind wrote above: Does anyone have access to this article (it's behind a paywall) maybe share any of it? I'm curious abut Satterfield.

Would someone be kind enough to summarize most valuable points in this article -- I too would like to know more.

Last edited:
"Randolph Murdaugh was originally connected to the lawsuit because the teens alleged were drinking, possibly with his knowledge, on a family piece of property."

3 defendants removed from Mallory Beach wrongful death lawsuit | WSAV-TV

Does anyone know what property this was? TIA

I don’t recall which property.

What do you make of this?

“Now, her mother is making changes to a civil lawsuit connected to her daughter’s death and the people who she believes are responsible”

I don’t recall which property.

What do you make of this?

“Now, her mother is making changes to a civil lawsuit connected to her daughter’s death and the people who she believes are responsible”
I don't know why her lawyers removed the store, he paid with a picture ID that wasn't him and he used his mother's credit card. As far as the other couple removed, I don't know how they fit in or didn't.

"Randolph Murdaugh was originally connected to the lawsuit because the teens alleged were drinking, possibly with his knowledge, on a family piece of property."

3 defendants removed from Mallory Beach wrongful death lawsuit | WSAV-TV

Does anyone know what property this was? TIA

I believe the PM and his friends began their evening partying at RM's property referred to as "The Island," and I had the impression AM's boat they used might have been moored there. From The Island they went to Parker's to buy their adult drinks and then to the oyster roast at the Woods home. This is what I recall from posts on this thread. JMO.

I would assume RM was removed from suit since he died?

Visibility is a huge issue boating in the dark. DH is a life-long boater.

On power boat you must have a navigation light (“nav light”) lit after dark (a small light that you erect at the stern — on a center console craft the size of the Ms it would be on the end of a rod about 4’ tall). The other important factor in safe boating in the dark is very slow boating, especially in a creek where you need to be aware of water depth and potential for narrow passage with other boaters.

So YES, I would think lack of appropriate lighting would be a factor in the civil suit.

Read more: Boat Navigation Lights: Types and Location | BOATERexam.com®

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back