SC - Mallory Beach, 19, found deceased after boat crash, Beaufort Co, 24 Feb 2019 *Alex Murdaugh charged*

South Carolina Teen, 19, Goes Missing After Boat Crash: 'We Are Praying That We Find Her Alive'

A 19-year-old woman from South Carolina has been missing since 2 a.m. on Sunday after a boat she was on crashed into a bridge in Beaufort County, numerous outlets report.

Mallory Beach, the youngest of three sisters, according to the Island Packet, is a former student at the University of South Carolina. As of Sunday, 20 of her closest friends and family have been awaiting updates on her whereabouts.

According to Capt. Robert Mcullough, the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources stopped the search when it became dark, but he said that they would start again Monday morning at 8 a.m., the outlet reports.

DNR is the lead investigating agency in the crash and did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment.

Their spokesman, David Lucas, told Island Packet that it’s “an all-hands-on-deck situation.”

“She’s always happy. Everybody loves her, loves being around her,” her sister Savannah Tuten told the newspaper. “We are still hoping and praying that we find her alive.”

@cybervampira, thank you for starting this thread. I hope you're doing well.

It's the tragedy of hubris and power. I wonder if Murdaugh had anything to do with his wife and son's death? It seems he isn't beyond taking out a contract killing, and he is being investigated for that. Also looks like a lot of these past death cases are starting to coalesce around him? Is that just me reading LE's silence wrong on this? My brain is so confused and horrified by these multiple tragedies. MOO and head spinning.

Beach rests across the street and down the road from the church. She loved animals, as evidenced by the paw prints sauntering across her white marble gravestone. A stone pup sleeps in front, with other animal tributes.
Her penchant for critters is what drew us to the Beaufort boutique to begin with. Two sources, both of them mothers conveying their daughters' words, independently told me Beach worked at It's Retail Therapy, and that after her death, the boutique had sold T-shirts for an eponymous nonprofit created in her honor: Mal's Palz, which raises money for animal shelters
Mallory Beach's death has become part of a rolling drama in South Carolina's Lowcountry - CNN
210924151811-07-murdaugh-super-169.jpg

210924144949-01-murdaugh-super-169.jpg

I’ve just watched the second episode of Eric Alan’s YouTube series. Based on the discrepancies in accounts of who was driving the boat and that both Paul and Connor were placed near/at the wheel, I wonder if maybe there was a fight or horseplay about who should drive and one tried to snatch the wheel from the other, perhaps causing the accident.

I’ve just watched the second episode of Eric Alan’s YouTube series. Based on the discrepancies in accounts of who was driving the boat and that both Paul and Connor were placed near/at the wheel, I wonder if maybe there was a fight or horseplay about who should drive and one tried to snatch the wheel from the other, perhaps causing the accident.

I think Paul is fully and completely responsible for the boat crash that killed Mallory, in spite of Paul’s father’s attempt to make Connor responsible for it.

@WSAVAndrewD

DEVELOPING: A Hampton County Judge has denied the request of Parker's for a change of venue in the Mallory Beach civil lawsuit. "Defendant failed to provide evidence that changing venue would promote convenience of witnesses and ends of justice." - Judge Daniel Hall
@wsav

An attorney representing the mother of Mallory Beach in a wrongful death suit accuses someone affiliated with the Parker’s convenience store of selling confidential information to a New York-based reporter.

Attorney Mark Tinsley accuses an unknown person or people involved with Parker’s of selling a mediation video and notes to former CNN journalist Vicky Ward, he said Monday.

“That’s just the tip of the iceberg,” he said. “They didn’t give her any of the stuff that reflected poorly on Parker’s. … Why would Parker’s be selling this stuff?”

Tinsley’s firm served Ward with a subpoena last month seeking her sworn testimony about the alleged sale, according to a copy of the subpoena filed in Beaufort County Friday. Ward’s deposition, as well as the depositions of two private investigators allegedly working for Parker’s or Parker’s attorneys, were scheduled for Monday, Tinsley said.

Read more here: https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article254745897.html#storylink=cpy

@RealRileyBenson
·
Attorneys for Conner Cook, a passenger in the 2019 boating accident Paul Murdaugh had been charged in, filed a petition response in Richland County yesterday responding to SCDNR’s claim Cook lied to authorities about information related to the boat crash
In the petition, Cook’s attorneys claim Cook was a young 19-year-old at the time was aware of the Murdaugh’s influence and power. Cook was told to “shut his mouth” and that the boating crash would be “taken care of.”
@WCBD
PIImageDisplay.aspx (sccourts.org)

@jake4shore
Senior writer for
@islandpacket

An anonymous $1.7 million settlement in Hampton County Probate Court was approved in June for individuals whose circumstances match Mallory Beach’s parents. Beach died in a 2019 boat crash where Paul Murdaugh was accused of driving.
The Beach’s lawyer who is representing the family in a civil lawsuit against the Murdaugh family — which is still ongoing — would not confirm whether the anonymous $1.7M settlement was for the Beach’s. Every party in the documents are referred to as John or Jane Doe.
The order approves a death settlement due to a female involved in a fatal accident on Feb 24, 2019. That same day, Mallory Beach was killed after a 17-foot boat allegedly driven by Paul Murdaugh crashed.
In the settlement docs, Jane Doe filed the petition as mother and personal representative of daughter Jane Roe’s estate. In the Hampton civil lawsuit, Renee Beach, Mallory Beach’s mother, filed the lawsuit as personal representative of her daughter’s estate.
The case was in Hampton County Probate Court … the same county where the Murdaughs are being sued in civil court by the Beach family.

Alex Murdaugh’s assets will be frozen, managed by court-appointed receiver, SC judge says

“After careful consideration, Plaintiff’s Motion for Temporary Injunction and Appointment of Co-Receivers and Co-Receivers’ Counsel is granted,” wrote state Judge Dan Hall in an two-sentence order filed Tuesday morning in Hampton County.
------

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article255455421.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa