SC - Meredith Rahme, 28, Hayden King, 9, Harper Edens, 4, slain, Greenville, Jul 2017

I would not date a man with a crazy ex. Its just not worth the trouble.

Edens’ estranged husband, Benjamin Edens, was only the father of Harper. Jessica Edens was already the mother of Hayden when she met Ben in 2008. Two years later, the couple married, and they had Harper two years after that, according to Greenville Online.

Hayden must have been just an infant when this relationship started. I wonder if Jessica was married when she met Ben?

Certainly, Meredith was married when she met Ben.

i used to say the same and ended up with the man w a looney ex. she hasn't tried to kill us yet fortunately.

I wonder if she was driven over the edge by the affair or the custody battle.

I would not date a man with a crazy ex. Its just not worth the trouble.

There was a balloon releasing ceremony at the race track for the children who lost their lives, over the weekend.
Nothing new today on fox Carolina. Probably the last we ever hear of the story.
Sad. :(

probably.. there will be no trial or anything.

There was a balloon releasing ceremony at the race track for the children who lost their lives, over the weekend.
Nothing new today on fox Carolina. Probably the last we ever hear of the story.
Sad. :(

Observation: it seems a woman will blame and go after another woman, but it's more rare that the cheating husband (or estranged husband) is the one held responsible if/when there's a situation where cheating occurs. Sure, it takes 2 to tango, but who is it who made the marriage vow? Not the 'other' woman. Yet time after time I see one or both women fighting over the man as if he's some great prize. It never seems to occur to the women, "why the heck would I even want this man if he can't maintain healthy boundaries, can't or won't be faithful?"

Believe me, I do understand wanting to protect one's relationship, but where is the man maintaining boundaries in cheating or suspected cheating cases? Women can be and often are their own worst enemies, IMO.

How incredibly selfish and evil to kill one's own children and deprive them of having their lives. And killing another woman who certainly may not have intended any harm to anyone. What a horrendously cruel choice. Unconscionable.

she did it to take everything he loved away. this would be worse than just killing him.

Observation: it seems a woman will blame and go after another woman, but it's more rare that the cheating husband (or estranged husband) is the one held responsible if/when there's a situation where cheating occurs. Sure, it takes 2 to tango, but who is it who made the marriage vow? Not the 'other' woman. Yet time after time I see one or both women fighting over the man as if he's some great prize. It never seems to occur to the women, "why the heck would I even want this man if he can't maintain healthy boundaries, can't or won't be faithful?"

Believe me, I do understand wanting to protect one's relationship, but where is the man maintaining boundaries in cheating or suspected cheating cases? Women can be and often are their own worst enemies, IMO.

How incredibly selfish and evil to kill one's own children and deprive them of having their lives. And killing another woman who certainly may not have intended any harm to anyone. What a horrendously cruel choice. Unconscionable.

she did it to take everything he loved away. this would be worse than just killing him.

Yes I certainly agree that was her motivation.

Killing the kids was as heinous as it could possibly get--it means she hated her estranged husband more than she loved her children. Hard to fathom, but there it is. We've seen men do this, but it's such an unusual thing for a woman to do. Somehow it seems even worse, if that's possible, ya know.

sigh...

A man (any man) who will cheat on a spouse with a woman, will likely cheat on his spouse with other women too.

He's the one who made a marriage vow, he's the one who is breaking his marriage vow. He's the one who has to have very clear boundaries and not allow himself to get involved.

Unfortunately some men do cheat and of course some wives cheat as well. It takes 2 to tango and I feel the cheating spouse bears most, if not all, of the responsibility since they are the one breaking their marriage vow and they are the one making the choice to cheat on their spouse.

Killing the other woman won't stop a guy from cheating with yet more women, if he's inclined to cheat. And it certainly doesn't solve anything. But what this sick woman did was so far beyond the pale--the malevolence and towards her own children, who she clearly didn't recognize as individuals with a right to their own lives.

I told you she did it to take all he loved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can not ever comprehend hating an ex more than you love your own children. Be furious at him, but move on and have a good life and leave him in the dust. To kill your own kids - who did nothing wrong - to get back at an ex is the coldest and most evil thing I can think of. To then kill yourself so you don't have to live with the pain or consequences is mere cowardice.

To a normal person your kids should be a comfort if you were feeling hurt. To kill those who rely on you for safety and comfort and nurturing is the ultimate betrayal, not cheating.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

An evil, narcissistic, mentally unbalanced parent sees the children as possessions and pawns to be fought over not for the health and well-being of the children, but to get back at the other spouse. This level of malevolence is up there with the likes of a Chris Coleman and Josh Powell.

he was not in the right in his actions but that did not justify her killing her children OR the other chick.

Yeah, he did not love them enough to not desert them with his latest bit of stuff.

agree.

I can not ever comprehend hating an ex more than you love your own children. Be furious at him, but move on and have a good life and leave him in the dust. To kill your own kids - who did nothing wrong - to get back at an ex is the coldest and most evil thing I can think of. To then kill yourself so you don't have to live with the pain or consequences is mere cowardice.

To a normal person your kids should be a comfort if you were feeling hurt. To kill those who rely on you for safety and comfort and nurturing is the ultimate betrayal, not cheating.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Ugh. This is a hard one. I'm pretty sure a huge component of my son's father killing my son was to punish me for real or imagined transgressions...the biggest one was having the baby in the first place.

I know that's pretty common with mother's who are suicidal to want to take their children with them. One I remember talking with said she didn't want her kids to know their mother had killed herself so before she sought help she was planning to kill her children then herself. They had a great step-dad but their bio dad was not awesome so I think she was thinking they'd be better off dead... Thank goodness she recognized that her thought processes were unhealthy and scary and she got help and made a family safety plan and they're all still with me today... And now those kids are having babies and the mom wouldn't have missed that for the world.

Well, hopefully, he won't cheat anymore. She was clearly at the end of her rope.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back