SC - Meredith Rahme, 28, Hayden King, 9, Harper Edens, 4, slain, Greenville, Jul 2017

Response to a good friend: The woman (wife and mother), not beast, was evidently desperate. She had no previous criminal history. No history of mental illness. She was desperate, made so, in all likelihood, by the extra-marital affair of her husband, and the possible loss of custody of her children. Utter devastation, in other words.

Well, hopefully, he won't cheat anymore. She was clearly at the end of her rope.
I'm not sure I understand... His cheating did not kill four people... She did. She may have been at the end of her rope, and his cheating may have (likely did) impact her, but she's the one who chose to kill as her way to cope... He's a victim... Maybe unlikable but he's not the killer and it's not his fault for cheating. Many people have been cheated on... It's no excuse to kill yourself and/or others.

Well, hopefully, he won't cheat anymore. She was clearly at the end of her rope.

I thought they were separated.

Either way, this isn't about anything he did. He's another one of her victims. I can't imagine what he's got ahead of him.

i've been a victim of DV and cheated on and sorry, no pass from me. she killed her children. there is no excuse.

Response to a good friend: The woman (wife and mother), not beast, was evidently desperate. She had no previous criminal history. No history of mental illness. She was desperate, made so, in all likelihood, by the extra-marital affair of her husband, and the possible loss of custody of her children. Utter devastation, in other words.

No pass from me either. And no sympathy except for her innocent victims.

I was cheated on during a long marriage and the solution was to divorce him and never look back. The fact that she chose to kill everyone but him is totally on her.

I thought they were separated.

Either way, this isn't about anything he did. He's another one of her victims. I can't imagine what he's got ahead of him.

They were. Supposedly the new relationship had been going on for at least a year so not sure when the separation occurred.

Upstate woman who killed woman, her children, left behind suicide notes, deputies say

Edens left behind a note addressed to her parents, sister, the fathers of her children and a friend.
“To Ben, you have caused me more pain than I’ve ever been in my life. You have caused my children pain,” she wrote in part. Newly obtained phone records show that Ben was with Greenville police officers when Edens called him, telling him: “Everyone you love is gone. Do you hear me? I’m about to be gone too,” Greenville Online reported. When he tried calling her, she didn’t pick up.

Text messages reveal Jessica Edens' final hours

The messages, released to The Greenville News this week in response to a Freedom of Information request, portray the 36-year-old Edens as fixated on making Ben Edens regret his relationship with Rahme. The two moved in together after Ben and Jessica Edens separated in April, court records and Greenville Police Department reports said.

“This is the hardest thing for me to do,"
"But you have destroyed me. You continue to destroy me. You will not be able to hurt me or my kids anymore.”

"It won't matter after today" ... "No more pain after today."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back