SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sure does seem mighty stupid that a big shot lawyer would leave such a paper trail in paying either a drug supplier, a hitman or even a go-between facilitator of murder for hire...doesn't it?
Yes, it does seem ridiculous to us ordinary people, but AM really does exhibit signs of grandiosity IMO. He truly believes the Murdaughs are untouchable, and from the looks of what is being uncovered, they have been for years.

I think this 'Murdaugh' empire has deep reaching tentacles throughout the state of SC. Surely Harpootlian isn't choosing to politically die on this hill??

Sept 3rd pmped confronts AM about check on AM desk.
Sept 4th AM meets with Griffin, (per Griffin).
Later sept 4th AM meets with CS.

Was this meet up AM informing CS that he was released from firm after finding check and LE would soon be visiting CS that he needed to clean house.

Jmo

And thats when the fly hit the fan.

Jmo

Attorneys say following Murdaugh's money will lead to answers

“I have evidence of Alex basically since 2015 being a professional thief, as opposed to being a lawyer,” says attorney Eric Bland, a lawyer representing Gloria Satterfeld’s sons.

“I think the public is going to be stunned at the amount of money that he spent, satisfying some of his own personal wants and needs, and who those checks went to,” says Bland.

Bland says a number of those checks were cashier checks. He says that's a red flag that should have been caught early on.

“I think this Murdaugh case, in addition to taking down Alex Murdaugh is gonna take down some other people and possibly some other entities that will shock the public,” says Bland.

“I have evidence of Alex basically since 2015 being a professional thief, as opposed to being a lawyer,” says attorney Eric Bland, a lawyer representing Gloria Satterfeld’s sons.

“I think the public is going to be stunned at the amount of money that he spent, satisfying some of his own personal wants and needs, and who those checks went to,” says Bland.

Bland says a number of those checks were cashier checks. He says that's a red flag that should have been caught early on.

“I think this Murdaugh case, in addition to taking down Alex Murdaugh is gonna take down some other people and possibly some other entities that will shock the public,” says Bland.

Just WOW

2015 and the receivers can go back another 5 years.

2015 Stephen Smith found dead, suspected of being murdered. I have thought about blackmail.

Link between AM and CS with checks, I want to see the link between CS and cowboys gang.

Jmo

what was the check found on AM’s desk ?

Lawyers said the discovery of the scheme originated when the firm inquired about a fee owed to them from a case that Murdaugh worked on along with another law firm. On Sept. 2, 2021, lawyers reported a check was found on Murdaugh’s desk from the other law firm.

The suit states that a notation on the check indicated it was partial payment of the fees the firm were inquiring about. However, PMPED officials said the check was made payable to Murdaugh’s personal account and not PMPED.

Records show Murdaugh had gunshot wound, drugs in system

Yes, it does seem ridiculous to us ordinary people, but AM really does exhibit signs of grandiosity IMO. He truly believes the Murdaughs are untouchable, and from the looks of what is being uncovered, they have been for years.

I think this 'Murdaugh' empire has deep reaching tentacles throughout the state of SC. Surely Harpootlian isn't choosing to politically die on this hill??
I've often wondered just why H and the other legal bigwig even agreed to defend AM. Especially when he was declared a POI right off the bat. Was Harpy a good friend of the grandfather?

As far as paying with checks for whatever illegal things (lawyers say drugs but could be murder) it just doesn't fit. That's like Hiding Your Crimes 101...pay in cash.

If AM is /\that/\ stupid, I think he's all the more capable of killing his wife with his own hunting rifle (which has disappeared) and cold-blooded enough to kill his son for stumbling upon the scene before AM could leave. AJMO

Last edited by a moderator:
SC lawyer Alex Murdaugh indicted on more than 20 new financial crimes, sources say
The crimes include forgery, money laundering and computer-related crimes, sources said.
Read more at: https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article255954262.html#storylink=cpy

Thanks @sds71

From link.

”This doesn’t appear to add anything new to the case other than additional charges,” said Jim Griffin, one of Murdaugh’s lawyers, along with Dick Harpootlian. Griffin said he has not yet seen the details of the new indictments.

oh my heavens... I hope Bland does not become a target...

I hope someone can provide information in this article. We cannot get Fits News without subscription.....

It’s well worth the $8!

“Murdaugh, 53, faces 27 new charges in five indictments handed down by the South Carolina State Grand Jury this week.

The new indictments include:

• seven counts of money laundering
  • seven counts of obtaining signature or property by false pretenses
  • eight counts of computer crimes
  • one count of forgery
  • four counts of breach of trust with fraudulent intent.
The indictments involve alleged crimes from five South Carolina counties — Bamberg, Orangeburg, Beaufort, Colleton and Allendale. Alex Murdaugh stands accused of defrauding victims and laundering of nearly $5 million.”

The first indictment comes from Bamberg County where Murdaugh is charged with four counts of obtaining signature or property by false pretenses, three counts of money laundering and one count of computer crime. Wilson says the indictments arise out of an alleged scheme to defraud victims of and thereafter launder $792,000.00.

The second indictment is out of Orangeburg County where Murdaugh is charged with breach of trust with fraudulent intent, money laundering, computer crime and forgery. Wilson says the indictments arise out of an alleged scheme to defraud victims of and thereafter launder $125,000.00.

State grand jury issues indictments against Alex Murdaugh

An indictment out of Colleton County charges Murdaugh with breach of trust with fraudulent intent and computer crime. Wilson says the indictments arise out of an alleged scheme to defraud victims of and thereafter launder $70,000.

In the fourth indictment, out of Beaufort County, Murdaugh is charged with three counts of obtaining signature or property by false pretense, three counts of money laundering and three counts of computer crime. Wilson says the indictments arise out of an alleged scheme to defraud victims of and thereafter launder $3,483,431.95.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ81