SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m ready to see who cries uncle and seeks a delay first. The state will probably try to get more time and AMs team will be glad for it. The times have changed as I was looking back at a local case from the 80s where a murder occurred in late August and the case was charged, tried, and convicted by Christmas.
As for AM's team being glad for more time, I agree with you.

It is funny tho. This is the same group that wanted a "speedy trial." Lol!

And again, I ask how Eddie would know this is what happened? Am I missing something? He states this as fact but says he was nowhere near there at the time of the murders. Help me out here, @MassGuy !
As we learned from the National Lampoon's movies, Cousin Eddie ain't too bright.

And again, I ask how Eddie would know this is what happened? Am I missing something? He states this as fact but says he was nowhere near there at the time of the murders. Help me out here, @MassGuy !
Because he's lying, involved with the Murdaugh family, and has all kinds of reasons to misrepresent what he's heard?

Going to be interesting to see if Cousin Eddie is willing to fall on "his sword" for his best friend AM.
I think our boy Eddie will do everything in his power to save his own skin. I've long thought that he and Alex did this together, based on the two guns and the fact that Alex used him in that staged murder escapade.

Alex is going down, and I hope Eddie goes down too, if he was in fact involved.

Alex Murdaugh's lawyers are requesting a host of emails, forensic evidence & other records they think will help them poke holes in the state's case at his upcoming murder trial.

The filing also offers insight into what state prosecutors have described as “substantial” evidence that implicates Murdaugh — a once-respected trial attorney whose father, grandfather and great-grandfather all served as the elected top prosecutor of the state’s southern 14th Judicial Circuit.

motion to compel:

When asked what he knew about their deaths, he told investigators it was Paul who caught his mother and an unnamed groundskeeper together in one of the barns at the family Moselle property, and in a rage shot his mother. Smith went on to say that when Paul turned his rifle towards the groundskeeper, he shot him with a shotgun.

If ES is saying PM caught his mom in a compromising situation, why would she be messing around right then when she knew AM was going to arrive at any moment for the infamous planned visit with grandpa? This is SO rediculous. What an insult to Maggie. i feel for her family. OMO. MOO. MOO.

Last edited:
<snipped & BBM> First I've heard this little nugget of info.

Like last week's motion, Murdaugh's latest motion pertains to Rule 5 of the South Carolina Rules of Criminal Procedure, commonly referred to as a Brady motion. A Brady motion is a defendant's request for the prosecution in a criminal case to turn over any potentially exculpatory evidence that may be favorable to the accused.

This motion asks for several specific materials:

∎ Any and all DNA and gunshot-residue test results from Maggie and Paul's clothing.

The motion claims that the state has produced lengthy DNA and gunshot-residue reports from Murdaugh but not the victims, adding that if the victims' clothes weren't tested, the state must notify the defendant, as this "failure" would be "convincing evidence that the State's investigation has only been solely focused on the Defendant since the night of the murders."

∎ A gunshot-residue report on the specific number of particles found on Alex Murdaugh's shirt, shorts and hands.

The filing states Murdaugh's claim that he "retrieved a shotgun" while waiting for emergency personnel to arrive on the night of the murders, and it says only a low number of gunshot-residue particles were found on Murdaugh's shirt, shorts and hands. The motion seeks investigators' detailed analysis to determine if these low numbers are indicative of "transfer particles" consistent with Murdaugh's story and inconsistent with the state's theory that Murdaugh shot his son Paul at close range with a shotgun.

New motion in Murdaugh murders trial seeks DNA, gunshot residue and blood evidence

One of the requested items defense wants.

Return for Google search warrant 105.
FROM FILING: “The state has produced a copy of a search warrant issued to Google in September 2022, approximately one month after (Murdaugh) was indicted. This search warrant seeks geofencing data from the Mozelle (sic) property and a nearby tract of land. However, (Murdaugh) has not been provided a return to this warrant, nor has (he) been provided any data produced by Google in response to this warrant.”

In reference to polygraph.

My sis worked over 30 years for gov agency, she had to take polygraph every few years, when they asked her if her addy was such and such she answered yes which was correct, it showed her to be lying. And a few others thats showed lying.
They brought in an older examiner to administer the test and she got though it.

Jmo

Just not sure what to think.

In reference to polygraph.

My sis worked over 30 years for gov agency, she had to take polygraph every few years, when they asked her if her addy was such and such she answered yes which was correct, it showed her to be lying. And a few others thats showed lying.
They brought in an older examiner to administer the test and she got though it.

Jmo

Just not sure what to think.
What is making me so crazy is that they know NONE of the information regarding Cousin E's poly is going to be admissible in Court. They just wanted to get that out there in the MSM. This is going to be a bizarre ride I'm afraid.

MOO

<snipped>

Here is the complete list of items sought by Murdaugh’s lawyers …

• Any and all testing results of Paul and Maggie’s clothing, including DNA, GSR (gunshot residue).
    FROM FILING: “Failure to conduct any DNA analysis of Paul or Maggie’s clothing would be convincing evidence that the state’s investigation has only been solely focused on (Murdaugh) since the night of the murders.”
  • GSR testing lab results and bench notes, providing the specific number of particles removed from (Murdaugh’s) shirt, shorts and hands.
    FROM FILING: “The amount of GSR found on (Murdaugh) is consistent with transfer particles from a shotgun that (he) retrieved while he was waiting for emergency personnel to arrive at the scene … (Murdaugh) has requested the specific laboratory analysis document the specific particles found on (his) clothing and person. This information is necessary so that the defendant’s expert can assess whether the amount of GSR found on (Murdaugh) and his clothing is inconsistent with the state’s theory that (he) shot his son Paul at close range with a shotgun.”
  • Cell phone forensic analysis.
    FROM FILING: “The state intends to rely upon its analysis of various artifacts within Maggie and Paul’s phones as evidence of time of death. However, the state has not produced any such analysis and when questioned about the existence of such analysis … indicates that no final report has been issued.”
  • Complete autopsy file.
    FROM FILING: “The state does not have the pathologist’s handwritten notes and diagrams which are commonly made during the course of an autopsy of shooting victims.”
  • Documents and information relating to the state’s retained crime scene expert.
    FROM FILING: Defense seeks March 22, 2022 draft of crime scene expert’s report “and all other drafts which have not been produced” as well as “photographs of the forensic mannequins used by the state’s retained expert” and “all emails between SLED and the state’s retained crime scene expert.”
  • Documents and information relating to blood stain analysis performed or requested to be performed by all experts with whom the state consulted.
    FROM FILING: “This includes any report, letters, notes, diagrams, photographs, computer reconstruction, demonstrative aid, or other items prepared or produced by or for such expert.”
  • Photos of Maggie’s phone.
    FROM FILING: “These are photos of the phone when they found it on the side of the road.”
  • All SLED Lab bench notes relating to all forensic analysis conducted in this investigation.
    FROM FILING: “The state has not produced bench notes and underlying data for the GSR report, fingerprint analysis or shoe and tire print analyses.”
  • Copies of any and all jail phone calls made by (Murdaugh) which the state intends to offer into evidence at trial.
    FROM FILING: “The state has not notified the defense if it intends to offer any of these calls into evidence.”
  • Polygraph stim test and chart recordings for all polygraphs conducted in this investigation.
    FROM FILING: “Defendant requests underlying test data so that his expert witness can assess whether the charts indicate deception and, as to Curtis Smith, assess the degree of deception that is indicated.”
  • Audio and video recordings of Curtis Eddie Smith’s interviews.
    FROM FILING: “There are at least two audio and video recordings of interviews with Eddie Smith that have not been produced: September 7, 2021 and September 14, 2021. Defense counsel is informed and believed that Smith makes statements about his involvement in the roadside shooting that are inconsistent with later statements.”
  • Return for Google search warrant 105.
    FROM FILING: “The state has produced a copy of a search warrant issued to Google in September 2022, approximately one month after (Murdaugh) was indicted. This search warrant seeks geofencing data from the Mozelle (sic) property and a nearby tract of land. However, (Murdaugh) has not been provided a return to this warrant, nor has (he) been provided any data produced by Google in response to this warrant.”
  • SLED interoffice emails.
    FROM FILING: “There are numerous references to interoffice emails in SLED’s case notes. The state is required to either produce these emails to the defense or the attorney general’s office should review these emails and produce Brady material to the defense.”
  • Colleton County Sheriff’s Department and Fourteenth Circuit Solicitor’s files, including electronically stored information.
    FROM FILING: “The defense has not been provided case notes and other investigative material from the Fourteenth Circuit Solicitor’s Office or Colleton County Sheriff’s Department, other than (body-worn camera) recordings and photographs.”
  • Body-worn camera recordings from interviews with DM and GC
https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/10/17...eys-demand-production-of-additional-evidence/

Last edited:
Shouldn’t the defense be entitled to and get this stuff automatically? AMs team is hanging a cloud on the solicitors office and getting ahead of this stuff being a surprise during a trial.
Oh the Defense is certainly not going to just sit around and hope for best. I may not like DH, but I give him credit for being one of the best at this stuff. AM is going to be his own worst enemy in this trial IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa