SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double murder trial of Alex Murdaugh set to begin | NewsNation Prime​

At about the 2 min mark, the reporter gives an analogy comparing AM's defense attorney's experience to the lead prosecutor. o_O

This is an hour preview to the Sunday special that is audio only. It's very shocking to me to hear from the mouths of these reporters that have lived/worked in this area that the corruption and power stories are all true and that the community does fear the powerful family. Unbelievable...

ETA: My first clue should have been defense requested no change in venue!

Yes it's shocking isn't it? I'm sure they're hoping to get one 'good old boy' on that jury. I sincerely hope not.

I’m envisioning the circus, with the single car that has hundreds of clowns getting out.

Has Maggie’s family spoken out at all?
Her family has been silent since this all happened IIRC. There were a couple of jailhouse calls to her sister by AM, but they sounded so contrived and strained.

MOO

Last edited:
Can someone explain this to me and/or correct me. Does the below mean there were no Android phones that had location activated at Moselle property at the timeframe of the murders? Do iPhones not use Google?

"Newman also requested witnesses from Google testify in person. The documents state the tech company responded to a search warrant with records indicating “no devices with Google location data being stored by Google were present at the time of the double murder.”

The state had previously subpoenaed Google for the records of several devices the night of the murders."

Seating a jury that is open minded and hasn't heard of the case, in this local seems almost impossible to me. To find 12 people (not including alternates) who can say that they themselves are not influenced by the Murdaughs may be possible, but each juror's extended family or friends may be an influence of them if they themselves are beholden. The Murdaugh family has been there too long and is so embedded in the life of that county and their influence is too pervasive for me to feel that justice will be served. Or, maybe this is the moment that folks can break free of it. MOO MOO MOO

Seating a jury that is open minded and hasn't heard of the case, in this local seems almost impossible to me. To find 12 people (not including alternates) who can say that they themselves are not influenced by the Murdaughs may be possible, but each juror's extended family or friends may be an influence of them if they themselves are beholden. The Murdaugh family has been there too long and is so embedded in the life of that county and their influence is too pervasive for me to feel that justice will be served. Or, maybe this is the moment that folks can break free of it. MOO MOO MOO
oh you bet. WJCL this morning at 4:30 had a guy saying he'd had people calling begging not to be selected because the family is very prominent and feared.... moo...
((Wish id looked to see who it was but instead i went back to sleep ))

Who is the real Alex Murdaugh, the man who wrecked a South Carolina legal dynasty?

A headline in the Oct. 10, 1973, edition of The Hampton County Guardian spoke of high hopes for the continuation of a dynasty: “4th Generation Murdaugh in Court.”

The story reported that 5-year-old jury boy “Alec” Murdaugh went on duty that Monday during Hampton County General Sessions Court to draw names for the jury panel, just as his daddy had once done. His grandfather, Randolph “Buster” Murdaugh Jr., was Solicitor at the time and his father, Randolph III, was an assistant solicitor, making him the fourth generation of the family “in action” in the Hampton County Courthouse.

This thread is now closed. Click below to continue in Thread #15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox