SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO AM is potentially very dangerous to a lot of people. He doesn’t seem to be an ‘omerta’ kind of guy…willing to protect others with silence…and fall on his own sword. I can envision him making some kind of a deal…and there could be MANY others caught up in the net of that deal.

He is a wheeler-dealer, in my opinion, and the only card i see him able to play…is to fill in the blanks. i wonder if he’s in any kind of protective custody…or should be.

just my opinion as always.

Original post #124 Thread #6 copied & pasted here:

I know this is difficult to hear, especially with the 911 operator speaking….but I’d like to know what my fellow sleuths hear Alex Murdaugh say to Paul in the 911 call from Moselle.

The audio is actually better for me on Mandy Matney’s podcast, but I’ve included the same audio from the Island Packet for verification.

To me it sounds like he says, “For God sakes, Paul! Why’d you have to get involved?”
Mandy’s podcast 5:32 mark
Island Packet 2:09 mark
Thoughts?

‎Murdaugh Murders Podcast: Who Killed Maggie & Paul? Part One on Apple Podcasts

‘My wife and child were just shot badly’: SLED

I know this is difficult to hear, especially with the 911 operator speaking….but I’d like to know what my fellow sleuths hear Alex Murdaugh say to Paul in the 911 call from Moselle.

The audio is actually better for me on Mandy Matney’s podcast, but I’ve included the same audio from the Island Packet for verification.

To me it sounds like he says, “For God sakes, Paul! Why’d you have to get involved?”
Thoughts?

Thanks for the additional links. I may be alone here but I've listened to the 911 call provided by multiple sources over several months and have never heard any audible statements by AM where he allegedly utters spontaneously to Paul.

However, what I have heard every single time is AM's distinct change in voice when he responds to the operator that his residence is a house and not a mobile home.

(AM responds "It's a house" as if angry, and yelling in disgust that anybody would ask if his residence was a mobile home)! JMO

Thanks for the additional links. I may be alone here but I've listened to the 911 call provided by multiple sources over several months and have never heard any audible statements by AM where he allegedly utters spontaneously to Paul.

However, what I have heard every single time is AM's distinct change in voice when he responds to the operator that his residence is a house and not a mobile home.

(AM responds "It's a house" as if angry, and yelling in disgust that anybody would ask if his residence was a mobile home)! JMO
I thought his change in demeanor was caused by his frustration at having to provide additional info. The main red flag for me was the phrase “wife and child were shot badly”. Who says “shot badly”? And referring to Paul as his child is weird.

I’ve mentioned before that the call stirs a few reactions from me but I can’t hear the Paul thing either. His instant alibi of “Ive been gone” stands out too.

IMO AM is potentially very dangerous to a lot of people. He doesn’t seem to be an ‘omerta’ kind of guy…willing to protect others with silence…and fall on his own sword. I can envision him making some kind of a deal…and there could be MANY others caught up in the net of that deal.

He is a wheeler-dealer, in my opinion, and the only card i see him able to play…is to fill in the blanks. i wonder if he’s in any kind of protective custody…or should be.

I’ve been thinking along these same lines for days now. We know that nobody matters more to AM than AM.

I'm torn on this scenario. While ITA with you about AM not protecting others, the magnitude and scope of who might be involved could possibly go higher up the chain than we've even begun to realize.

I've also said that Cousin E has probably worked out a deal for himself. He knows a lot of the details/players in AM's enterprise and dealings IMO.

I think AM's in protective custody now, and I wouldn't be surprised to see an 'Epstein" situation happen. Whether of his own volition or not.

MOO

Last edited:

Thoughts?

I wish I could say I've heard it, but I just can't make it out. I know a lot of others have though, so it will be interesting to see how it comes out.

I thought his change in demeanor was caused by his frustration at having to provide additional info. The main red flag for me was the phrase “wife and child were shot badly”. Who says “shot badly”? And referring to Paul as his child is weird.
Agree, he absolutely was not prepared for all the questions, the style of his speech and syntax seemed so awkwardly detached for what was actually happening in that exact moment. Plus he kept trying to hang up to call his 'family'.

JMO

@MandyMatney

A year ago, Alex Murdaugh and Cory Fleming were having a grand ole time in Hilton Head for the annual SC Trial Lawyers Convention. Now they both face more than 200 years in prison for financial crimes and Alex is facing charges in the murder of his wife and son. Time is funny.

2:55 PM · Aug 5, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Lawyer wants Mallory Beach attorney removed, subpoenas phone records with SC reporters

<snipped>

The Beach family initially sued convenience store owner Gregory Parker, alleging Paul, then 20, purchased alcohol from the store with his brother’s ID before the crash. In the midst of that litigation, the Beaches sued Parker again after images of Mallory Beach’s body were leaked to investigative journalist and former CNN reporter Vicky Ward.

In May, Mark Moore, Parker’s attorney, subpoenaed attorney Mark Tinsley, who represents the Beach family. The subpoenas show that Moore is seeking evidence that would prove Tinsley actually leaked the photos. Tinsley has denied providing the images to Ward.

The subpoenas sought emails and texts between Tinsley and news outlets. Moore also subpoenaed Tinsley’s law firm and his co-counsel.

Most recently, Moore has subpoenaed Verizon for records of all calls and texts between Tinsley and six other phone numbers, beginning on Feb. 23, 2019, the night of the boat crash.

Lawyer wants Mallory Beach attorney removed, subpoenas phone records with SC reporters

<snipped>

The Beach family initially sued convenience store owner Gregory Parker, alleging Paul, then 20, purchased alcohol from the store with his brother’s ID before the crash. In the midst of that litigation, the Beaches sued Parker again after images of Mallory Beach’s body were leaked to investigative journalist and former CNN reporter Vicky Ward.

In May, Mark Moore, Parker’s attorney, subpoenaed attorney Mark Tinsley, who represents the Beach family. The subpoenas show that Moore is seeking evidence that would prove Tinsley actually leaked the photos. Tinsley has denied providing the images to Ward.

The subpoenas sought emails and texts between Tinsley and news outlets. Moore also subpoenaed Tinsley’s law firm and his co-counsel.

Most recently, Moore has subpoenaed Verizon for records of all calls and texts between Tinsley and six other phone numbers, beginning on Feb. 23, 2019, the night of the boat crash.
Kind of shocking FITS was in cahoots with Parker’s “knife fighter.”
Will also be very interesting if Tinsley did in fact leak the photos of Mallory.
JMO

Also from that same article, they quote SC media lawyer and head of the SC Press Association, Jay Bender.

It seems like they may be able to get those records:

"I don't know of any way that a news
organization or reporter could quash a
subpoena not directed at the news
organization or reporter," said Jay Bender, a longtime media lawyer in South Carolina
whose clients have included The State.”

Will also be very interesting if Tinsley did in fact leak the photos of Mallory.
JMO
Respectfully, can you please point me to where in the article it says "FITS was in cahoots with Parker's 'knife fighter'?"

The article mentioned subpoenas for possible communications between Tinsley (the attorney for Beach family) and 7 news or media organizations, but doesn't point to FITS News in any particular way. Rather, it looks like a fishing expedition.

Are you assuming the "in cahoots with" based on a reliable source of knowledge outside of this article or on your suspicions independent of the article? IIRC, you have expressed skepticism with FITS News reporting in the past, so I assume you have some basis for it.

Do you suspect there were leaks from a party's attorney or a "knife fighter" employed by same to multiple news or media organizations and FITS News was the only one that investigated and subsequently reported on it... so that's why you characterize them as "in cahoots?"

Respectfully, can you please point me to where in the article it says "FITS was in cahoots with Parker's 'knife fighter'?"

The article mentioned subpoenas for possible communications between Tinsley (the attorney for Beach family) and 7 news or media organizations, but doesn't point to FITS News in any particular way. Rather, it looks like a fishing expedition.

Are you assuming the "in cahoots with" based on a reliable source of knowledge outside of this article or on your suspicions independent of the article? IIRC, you have expressed skepticism with FITS News reporting in the past, so I assume you have some basis for it.

Do you suspect there were leaks from a party's attorney or a "knife fighter" employed by same to multiple news or media organizations and FITS News was the only one that investigated and subsequently reported on it... so that's why you characterize them as "in cahoots?"
Liz Farrell and Will Folks have been subpoenaed to provide their phone communications with Wesley Donahue, who was hired by Parker’s as a social media “knifefighter.” From the quote in the article I referenced, it sounds like they will get them. FITS is trying to use the SC Shield Law to prevent this, saying as journalists they should not have to reveal their sources or their conversations, but that does not protect Donehue (see Bender’s quote). Can I attach tweets per TOS?

Liz Farrell and Will Folks have been subpoenaed to provide their phone communications with Wesley Donahue, who was hired by Parker’s as a social media “knifefighter.” From the quote in the article I referenced, it sounds like they will get them. FITS is trying to use the SC Shield Law to prevent this, saying as journalists they should not have to reveal their sources or their conversations, but that does not protect Donehue (see Bender’s quote). Can I attach tweets per TOS?
Would someone define “knife fighter”? It’s been used off and on — I have not been able to get my head around the term from context.

thank you in advance.:)

Would someone define “knife fighter”? It’s been used off and on — I have not been able to get my head around the term from context.

thank you in advance.:)
Read this FITS News article from 12/3/21 now knowing that FITS’ sources were 1) Mark Tinsley and 2) Wes Donehue, a social media strategist and crisis-manager who FITS dubbed as “Parker’s knife fighter.”
Donehue had parted ways with Parker’s and was allegedly speaking to Liz Farrell (hence the subpoena for their phone records).

Also as you read this, keep in mind that there’s a possibility (yet to be proven) that Tinsley provided Mandy Matney with confidential mediation information and may have been the source of the photo of Mallory’s body (again, none of this has been proven, but according to The State article posted above, “Mark Moore, Parker's attorney, subpoenaed attorney Mark Tinsley, who represents the Beach family. The subpoenas show that Moore is seeking
evidence that would prove Tinsley actually leaked the photos. The subpoenas sought emails and texts between Tinsley and news outlets. Moore also subpoenaed Tinsley's law firm and his co-counsel.”)

Does that change how you view the objectivity, impartiality, and accuracy of their reporting?

MOO

JMO
The images of MB were uploaded to a Vinemo site in error supposedly by a contractor for VW. I doubt very seriously MT would purposely leak graphic images of MB.

MOO

The images of MB were uploaded to a Vinemo site in error supposedly by a contractor for VW. I doubt very seriously MT would purposely leak graphic images of MB.

MOO
I certainly hope not. Someone leaked the confidential mediation information that included those images, though. And somehow FITS knew who got them and what they were used for, because they linked us to that Vinemo site to see the images in the “sizzle reel” that we never would’ve seen otherwise.
It doesn’t look good IMO but hopefully the courts will get to the bottom of it and rectify things as much as possible.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member