SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running out of gas would be a easier to believe. I'm so glad I've never had to explain some of my random (but innocent) detours I've taken when driving alone!
Yes indeed, I just took a spur of the moment detour on the way home last night, just to ride the road along the river and have a looksie at an old residence.

On foxcarolina.com they have a report that SLED released a statement this afternoon confirming that AM was taken for gunshot wound, they were asked to assist the county, and that’s about it. I didn’t see any suspect info or truck description.

For better, or for worse, pistols with 10 rounds plus capacity are very common today in the era of high capacity "double stack" magazines being increasingly the norm.

Decades ago, however, ten rounds would have been pushing to standard limit and could indicate that the pistol was likely re-loaded, a second pistol etc. .

In previous decades, yes. But.... that was before pistols designed to hold high capacity double stack magazines became the new norm.

As a result, there are plenty of 9mm and 40 calibre pistols holding ten rounds plus available (not to mention rarer calibres if one seeks them out).

For the common calibres such as 9mm or .40, these pistols would not need to be special ordered etc. Rather, any pawn shop in South Carolina selling weapons will have a few on hand at any given time.

A news story I linked to farther back states there were two men who shot at AM.

No, it's only a few miles from Moselle.

Just took another look at the map — two thoughts:

It’s is very strange to me that since he had the option, why he didn't turn into the church parking lot or pull onto the paved area in front to deal with tire.

In the country so many people are killed when they are walking on the side of a two lane road or outside their stopped car changing a tire. This especially true on country roads with little traffic because drivers often speed without encumbrances.

Second thought, where he stopped doesn't even look like a route to Charleston, unless he was picking someone up to go with him, or he was doing something else on the way.

Just my spinning mind — OMO.

I’m missing something here. Can you say more?
Poster said...
"Running out of gas would be a easier to believe. I'm so glad I've never had to explain some of my random (but innocent) detours I've taken when driving alone!"

I responded...
"Yes indeed, I just took a spur of the moment detour on the way home last night, just to ride the road along the river and have a looksie at an old residence."

I get the sinking feeling his story is made up
We need more details, but I agree, this looks incredibly suspicious on its face.

It’s as if it’s inspired by Hollywood, as opposed to what generally occurs in real life. If you can get close enough to tamper with his vehicle, then you can get close enough to ambush him at that location.

So you’d have to do something that would impact his vehicle, and then get lucky enough for Alex to stop in a remote location, where he would basically be a sitting duck.

Then you’d have to be incredibly incompetent to screw the easy part up, which doesn’t jibe with the apparent overkill in the double murders.

Yes, it’s possible that this is an unrelated crime, but motiveless attacks like this are rare, and rarer still would that be to occur to someone whose family was just blown away.

I prefer a scenario where this was drawn up to take the heat off. If that’s the case, it has backfired in spectacular fashion.

A representative from Hampton County Fire-Rescue told a reporter at the scene that the agency was called there around 1:30 p.m. He declined to give his name.

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article254007833.html

SLED said the Hampton County Sheriff’s Office secured the scene and Emergency Medical Services coordinated medical air transport of Alex Murdaugh to Memorial Health University Medical Center in Savannah, Georgia for treatment of a superficial gunshot wound to the head.

Officials with SLED responded at 2:41 p.m. with Lowcountry regional agents arriving on scene at 3:40 p.m. and SLED crime scene agents arriving on scene at 4:30 p.m., according to a release.

No arrests in Alex Murdaugh shooting, SLED investigates

Crime scene agents get there three hours after the incident was called at 1:30!? Is that normal response for this area of the state, if anyone knows? TIA

Just a hunch. I have a feeling whoever shot the dad were the same people who shot the mom and son. I don't think there is any set up or conspiracy, just someone who wants to see that family dead.
The weird thing tho is that AM and MM were shot…well…efficiently for lack of a better word…but they shot multiple times at AM and he doesn’t have a life threatening injury? They want him to live so they can continue to make his life hell…IMO

HAMPTON COUNTY, S.C. (WSAV) — Murdaugh family friend and attorney Jim Griffin, tells News 3 that Alex Murdaugh was shot while changing a tire in Hampton County.

Griffin says, according to Alex’s brother Randy, a pickup truck drove up and someone opened fire on Murdaugh. Law Enforcement says the incident occurred on the 15000 block of Salkehatchie Road.

Multiple sources, including Griffin and SLED, say Alex Murdaugh called 9-1-1...

...SLED Spokesperson Tommy Crosby, released a statement Sunday afternoon detailing the timeline of the shooting.

Crosby says the Hampton County Dispatch received a call from Alex Murdaugh at 1:34 p.m. claiming he had been shot. SLED sent personnel to the scene at 2:41 p.m. and SLED’s Lowcountry agents arrived at 3:40 p.m. Crime agents arrived within an hour later, according to Crosby.

Crosby says Murdaugh’s black SUV was impounded for evaluation. Crosby says the Hampton County Sheriff’s Office asked SLED to lead the investigation.

Police say they found at least seven shell casings at the scene. Police have not released any details on possible suspects or motives.

Authorities investigating after Alex Murdaugh was found shot in the head | WCBD News 2

AM called 911 himself, not his brother and SLED is saying "at least 7 shell casings were found".

Edit by me: I forgot the other thing mentioned, that the family lawyer said it was RM telling him it was a pick-up truck not a "car" like SLED's release said.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member