SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was confused by “I’m here now and it’s bad”. That was after he said he touched them, correct? The “now” part throws me off as it sounds like he drove up, seen them, and called. Then walked to them. Im just not sure.

I've been curious about why they were at that location at 9 PM. Could someone please put a mark at the kennel location. I'm looking for confirmation that I understand it correctly. Thx

This is the property

upload_2021-9-10_21-6-37.png

qPublic.net - Colleton County, SC - Map

These are the building footprints.

upload_2021-9-10_21-6-9.png

bottom of the page
qPublic.net - Colleton County, SC - Report: 123-00-00-002.000

I've been curious about why they were at that location at 9 PM. Could someone please put a mark at the kennel location. I'm looking for confirmation that I understand it correctly. Thx

This is the property

View attachment 312135

View attachment 312133

bottom of the page

At first I thought the dogs may have gotten disturbed by whoever came on the property to do this crime and they went out to check. But I have neighbors down the hill that have a simulator kennel set up and I often here them at night and just write it off as wildlife getting near since we are very rural. I don’t think they run out to check either, it’s just fairly common.

At first I thought the dogs may have gotten disturbed by whoever came on the property to do this crime and they went out to check. But I have neighbors down the hill that have a simulator kennel set up and I often hear them at night and just write it off as wildlife getting near since we are very rural. I don’t think they run out to check either, it’s just fairly common.

It makes sense that the dogs were barking, and someone would check on them eventually. I'm curious how long they barked - whether there were staff on the property. Because it's dark, someone might take a shotgun to check on the dogs - might be a bear? What if the dogs were barking for 2 hours, or even an hour. That's enough for most dog owners to have a look. No one would be expecting a hitman (or whatever happened) at the kennel.

This is where the location of the kennel needs clarification. One piece of information is that the kennel is next to the house. The other piece of information is that it is next to the red roofer building.

Residential Property

upload_2021-9-10_21-30-35.png

House

upload_2021-9-10_21-31-51.png

Red Roof

upload_2021-9-10_21-32-36.png

Building Footprints

upload_2021-9-10_21-32-47.png

I highlighted the SLED release but it wasn't the entire 911 call. However, it was a 2 minute highlight of AM's call and a narrator said the words along with the dialog written below. @LetsSolvIt , didn't we both think we heard when asked if someone was supposed to be home, AM answered no. That is how it's been translated.

Give this a listen...it's just 2 minutes.
I thought the dispatcher ask him was anyone else supposed to be at his house,, and he answered No. That's what I hear when I listen to it.

If Paul went to check on the dogs - purely hypothetical - and took a shotgun, just in case (we know he didn't take an assault rifle), regarding what happened at the time of the shooting, it seems that Paul was either disarmed or caught off guard. Suppose - again, hypothetical - Maggie heard an assault rifle and went outside to call for Paul, knowing that he was headed to the kennels. Suppose that the shooter picked up the shotgun, if Paul had one, waited for Maggie to get close to Paul and then shot her.

I'm curious about the moments, and 24 hours, prior to the murders.

If Alex was not expecting anyone else to be at the house, what changed that his wife and son were at the house? Why were they there? Where were they immediately prior to heading to the house? Who saw them last?

Did you forget to link? What did you "highlight"?

Yes, AM had said no one was supposed to be at home. If MerryB is hearing Alex say something to the deceased PM that has all kinds of implications.

No! Look at MerryB's post. She lists the Apple recording and the 2nd one re the SLED call. I can't bring it over.

It makes sense that the dogs were barking, and someone would check on them eventually. I'm curious how long they barked - whether there were staff on the property. Because it's dark, someone might take a shotgun to check on the dogs - might be a bear? What if the dogs were barking for 2 hours, or even an hour. That's enough for most dog owners to have a look. No one would be expecting a hitman (or whatever happened) at the kennel.

This is where the location of the kennel needs clarification. One piece of information is that the kennel is next to the house. The other piece of information is that it is next to the red roofer building.

Residential Property

View attachment 312136

House

View attachment 312138

Red Roof

View attachment 312139

Building Footprints

View attachment 312140

I think the kennels are to the left of the red roofed building in the pic at the top of this article:

Investigators release timeline of events in Murdaugh murder case

This is the property

View attachment 312135

View attachment 312133

bottom of the page

Please see post #4 in our media thread for this case to see kennel location.

Just a reminder to WS Vets and Newbies -- I created a number of labeled property aerials and maps on:
SC - Paul Murdaugh,22 & Mom Margaret,52, 7 June 2021 *Media, Maps, Timeline-NO DISCUSSION*

Don't forget to check out all the resources folks posted there that give background and context to this case. Good stuff!

Last edited:
I know this is difficult to hear, especially with the 911 operator speaking….but I’d like to know what my fellow sleuths hear Alex Murdaugh say to Paul in the 911 call from Moselle.

The audio is actually better for me on Mandy Matney’s podcast, but I’ve included the same audio from the Island Packet for verification.

To me it sounds like he says, “For God sakes, Paul! Why’d you have to get involved?”
Mandy’s podcast 5:32 mark
Island Packet 2:09 mark
Thoughts?

‎Murdaugh Murders Podcast: Who Killed Maggie & Paul? Part One on Apple Podcasts

‘My wife and child were just shot badly’: SLED releases 911 audio in Murdaugh homicides
I clearly hear him say “involved”. I can’t make out the words spoken immediately before though. Maybe someone with one of those sound gadgets will isolate that uttering.

Residential Property

View attachment 312136

House

View attachment 312138

Red Roof

View attachment 312139

Building Footprints

View attachment 312140

The kennels are by the red-roofed equipment building, about 100 yards away from the main house.
“On the night of June 7, when Alex Murdaugh returned to the family’s 1,700-acre estate in rural Colleton County, he told police he found Paul’s body lying on the ground more than 100 yards from the main house. It was severely disfigured from shotgun blasts. Some distance away, shot numerous times with an assault rifle, was Maggie’s body. Shell casings were found near the bodies.”

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article252301778.html

I know this is difficult to hear, especially with the 911 operator speaking….but I’d like to know what my fellow sleuths hear Alex Murdaugh say to Paul in the 911 call from Moselle.

The audio is actually better for me on Mandy Matney’s podcast, but I’ve included the same audio from the Island Packet for verification.

To me it sounds like he says, “For God sakes, Paul! Why’d you have to get involved?”
Mandy’s podcast 5:32 mark
Island Packet 2:09 mark
Thoughts?

‎Murdaugh Murders Podcast: Who Killed Maggie & Paul? Part One on Apple Podcasts

‘My wife and child were just shot badly’: SLED releases 911 audio in Murdaugh homicides
I hear exactly the same thing at the 2:09 mark. Wow ...

That is what I understood as well. This?

If this the kennel location, what were Paul and Maggie doing there 9-9:30 PM? Looks like 1000 ft from the feet.

View attachment 312141

Yes, I think so. I can't figure why they would have been way over there so far from the home in the dark, or how AM saw either of them while driving up to the house. If the dogs had been barking, would they even be heard in that large house so far from the kennel location?

The kennels are by the red-roofed equipment building, about 100 yards away from the main house.

“On the night of June 7, when Alex Murdaugh returned to the family’s 1,700-acre estate in rural Colleton County, he told police he found Paul’s body lying on the ground more than 100 yards from the main house. It was severely disfigured from shotgun blasts. Some distance away, shot numerous times with an assault rifle, was Maggie’s body. Shell casings were found near the bodies.”

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article252301778.html
100 yards would be 300 feet. That's interesting, because 300 feet is not near the kennels. It would be in between the house and kennels, but closer to the house.

Distance from house to kennel looks like 1000 feet, or 350 yards.

upload_2021-9-10_22-0-55.png

Another question - some reports state that Paul was shot with a shotgun, and Maggie was shot with an assualt rifle (above link), other reports reverse which weapon was used.

My understanding is Paul was shot with an assault rifle and Maggie was shot with a shotgun. Is that correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dpiddybgt