SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AveryGWilks

Court resumes. Judge Newman says someone named Chris Wilson - not sure if it is Bamberg attorney Chris Wilson - emailed him complaining that Newman's order prohibiting the identification of jurors had been violated.
Small town everyone knows...everyone and chatter travels faster then a bullet.

In the opening the State said that AM first said that he was napping at the house and that he never went to the kennel area during the time of the killing. Given Paul's video with AM's voice at the kennel, I just don't see how he can get out of this. JMO.
They’ll probably say “that’s not Alex’s voice.” That, or some other excuse.

When Sgt Green first made contact with AM on the scene of the murders, "His immediate reaction was to start telling me about an incident that had happened with his son, a boating accident."

Last edited:

UPDATED: 03:22 EST, 26 January 2023​

Alex Murdaugh's son Buster, 26, stares at him in courtroom - before he is set to testify AGAINST him - as his trial gets underway for killing of his wife and other son​

• Buster, 26, witnessed father Alex sobbing during opening remarks Wednesday
  • He sat still and silently behind his father in the Colleton County Courthouse
  • The disgraced attorney is accused of shooting his wife and younger son Paul, 22
That was not sobbing. I actually only saw dabbing at the eyes with a tissue, no actual tears, though there may have been. Sobbing is a whole different thing.

And I saw Buster STARING at AM yesterday. It did not appear to be affectionately.

However, at this moment, I see wet stuff coming out of AMs eyes (while deputy is testifying).

Seems like we won't get to see the body cam video because of the court order re gruesome images..... they covered up the video monitor. We'll hear it if there's audio, but won't see it. At least that's what I think I heard. JMO.

Honestly watching AMs reaction during the opening statement gave me the vibes he really didn’t want to hear or think about what he did. He looked so uncomfortable and not in a, “I’m sad my family was murdered” kind of way. Looked like he was almost going to completely lose it.

Buster Murdaugh gets settled in court behind his dad.

The woman with Buster in the black & white top is his girlfriend Brooklynn White.

Yesterday an email was sent to the judge from a Chris Wilson complaining about a violation of court order prohibiting the disclosure of the identity of jurors. Judge Newman says he did not respond. Now attys are huddled looking at the email.

Attorney Joe McCulloch today sitting on the prosecution side. He was asked by a reporter yesterday on why he sat on defense side to which he replied this isn't a bride/groom situation...however he's switched sides today. He's suing #AlexMurdaugh/estate repping a boat crash vic

Three camera shots on @LawCrimeNetwork and on our YouTube live stream.

Sgt. Daniel Greene is the first witness. We expect to see bodycam footage from when he arrived at the scene.
Alex Murdaugh wiping away tears. Sgt. Greene talking about arriving on the scene of the murders of his wife and son.
Alex Murdaugh with his head down appearing to cry as the sergeant describes the blood around the bodies of Paul and Maggie Murdaugh. "Appeared to be a large amount of blood around each of them as well as brain matter.”

Attachments

• 1674745722279.png
    1674745722279.png
    605.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 1674745807555.png
    1674745807555.png
    285.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 1674745835216.png
    1674745835216.png
    737.3 KB · Views: 20
Are prospective witnesses...Buster, etc allowed to be in courtroom while others are testifying?? Not allowed many places. I haven't seen DH perform before, only know him from reading and seeing some video clips. Is he as sharp as they have said he is?? He seems like a doddering old man. He gets in CW space, doesn't he??

AM has been crying or fake crying throughout the testimony of the first witness then suddenly his tears dry up as soon as the officer mentions how he wasn’t crying at the scene. Did anyone else catch this??

I was completely shocked by the defences opening statement. The detail, talking about Paul’s brain being blown straight from his head and landing on the ground beside him.

I’m not sure that’s doing for his client what he thinks it is. Absolutely vile statements. Also how would they know it hit the ceiling etc if AM wasn’t present?

Worst opening statement I’ve ever witnessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa