SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this attorney seem a little confused?
Defense strategy imo. Slow things down, um, lull witness then pounce with something unrelated to what he was asking. Keep witness off balance if possible. Reading from a transcript that clearly wasn't admitted & shouting when he's called on it saying he's not doing that (when clearly he is). Thanking the judge after a sustained objection...all these things are being employed by an attorney with many years of mastering his technique. He is very very good at getting things in that really shouldn't be let in. jmo

Remember late yesterday when the prosecution was trying to get in the blood lines in the water and Poot made that objection and the judge unsustained & then Poot thanked the judge and the judge said he shouldn’t thank him for a ruling?
Where were these lines? I watched, but could not figure the reason for the tantrum. Anyone want to help here on that? Aren’t we expecting blood?

I just realized I am confused by part of the supposed timeline.

Maggie thinks she is meeting at Mozelle to ride with Alex to see his dad in this hospital. And there is allegedly a text message from Maggie to a friend about this.

But Alex does not say anything to police about how they were supposed to go see his dad? Was Alex just pretending that everything was fine in the marriage and that Maggie wasn't living elsewhere?

If the above info is written correctly, this would be important to me as a juror because it shows that Alex is definitely lying about one part of the night.

Defense strategy imo. Slow things down, um, lull witness then pounce with something unrelated to what he was asking. Keep witness off balance if possible. Reading from a transcript that clearly wasn't admitted & shouting when he's called on it saying he's not doing that (when clearly he is). Thanking the judge after a sustained objection...all these things are being employed by an attorney with many years of mastering his technique. He is very very good at getting things in that really shouldn't be let in. jmo
Smoke and mirrors

So now we know from statements by defense attorney JG during the cross exam of detective Rutland that Paul switched vehicles with his uncle (John Marvin) and it was the uncle that left Paul's F250 truck disabled in the neighboring county.

The location of MM's Mercedes is still unknown (not discussed) at the time of the murders but from Rutland's testimony, she confirmed this vehicle was towed to impound under a search warrant.

It sounds like there was an ATV (4-wheeler) near MM's body where detective Rutland noted an earring near the tire.

AM drives the Chev Suburban.

MOO

1/27/23 Live Blog -- Day 5 of Trial

[..]

07:47

Interview over. Rutland notes she thought it was odd that Alex went to visit his mother late at night because Alzheimer's sufferers tend to be worse at night.

07:44

Alex gets a phone call. "Don't let him come up here." Tells Owen it's Buster arriving.

07:43

Alex notes Paul was laying exactly as he is now when AM found him. He checked him, tried to carefully roll him over but didn't end up moving him,

07:41

Alex notes how he called Maggie's siblings to let them know what happened so they could go tell Maggie's parents in person. Buster is on the way to the scene.

07:40

Alex talks about his father in the hospital in Savannah. "He's doing OK given everything, but he's got a lot going on."

07:38

Alex checks phone. Shows where here texted Maggie at 9:08 saying he was leaving. Texted her at 9:47 when he was on his way back, after calling with no answer at 9:45. Tried Paul. No answer. 10:06 called 911.

07:35

Alex asked about the doctor visit. Routine stuff. Maggie got to the house later than he and Paul. Alex took a nap. Got up and left to go check on Mom. Texted and called Maggie. No answer. Says she normally answers right away, but that wasn't unusual.

07:33

Rutland asks if there are any cameras on the property. Alex says there are trail cameras for deer hunting, but none close to the dog kennels.

07:32

Alex says Maggie loves the dog, not at all uncommon for Maggie to be out at the kennels.

07:31

Paul had been working for Alex's brother John Marvin, and had come home to work on getting things ready to plant sunflowers. Alex mentions again how they'd rode around together. Maggie had doctor's appointment and errands in Charleston, and got back to the house late.

07:30

Murdaugh says the family has 20-25 guns on the property. All kinds. Rifles, pistols, shotguns. All kept in the hunting room in the house. Doesn't know for sure how many.

07:29

Owen asks Murdaugh where the gun came from he had on scene when deputies arrived. Alex says he got it from the house, retelling the chain of events from the 911 call.

07:28

Alex asked if any weapons were stored on the property.
"I know there was a 12 gauge shotgun out here (at the kennel). I'll have to find out when that was. I think it got put up, but I'm not sure." Can't recall what type it was. Camo, either Beretta or Benelli.

07:26

Rutland asks Alex how Paul has been handling the aftermath of the boat crash.
"I've never been prouder of him than the way he's handled the pressures and adversity in that situation. I mean Paul is a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful kid. He can do almost anything. He gets along with almost anybody."

[..]

Thanks for posting this!

Faraday bags use the same principles as a Faraday cage to prevent wireless signals from leaving or reaching your devices. So what are the reasons to use one, and how is it different from turning the device off or using airplane mode?

How Faraday Bags Work​

Faraday bags are essentially portable, flexible Faraday cages. A Faraday cage, named after scientist Michael Faraday, blocks electromagnetic waves from reaching anything inside it.

I just realized I am confused by part of the supposed timeline.

Maggie thinks she is meeting at Mozelle to ride with Alex to see his dad in this hospital. And there is allegedly a text message from Maggie to a friend about this.

But Alex does not say anything to police about how they were supposed to go see his dad? Was Alex just pretending that everything was fine in the marriage and that Maggie wasn't living elsewhere?

If the above info is written correctly, this would be important to me as a juror because it shows that Alex is definitely lying about one part of the night.
Exactly! AM's story is one of a happy family all living at home together.

AM makes no mention of MM traveling to Mosselle for a purpose but implies she was busy doing errands in Charleston and arrived home late. He says it would be expected for MM to go see the dogs when she gets home. AM took a nap and Paul was outside working with the sunflowers. AM gets up and goes to check on his mother. Nothing to see here...

MOO

Understand many out there with a Mulder X-File poster on the wall ' I want to believe " but I feel like I'm in one of the survivor boat's watching the ship slowly sinking, light's flickering and the band still playing. This ship will take longer then two and a half hours though, keep paddling folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans