SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #15

Status
Not open for further replies.

worm

Reaction score
Not much on this yet but I got it on yahoo and foxcarolina.com. This mother and son were found near a dog kennel on their property in Colleton County SC. Their family has a long history of connections to the legal system in the Lowcountry and the son, who was murdered, was currently facing charges in a boating accident causing death.

2 Murdaugh family members shot, killed in Colleton County SC homicide

APPROVED LOCAL SOURCES:
FITSNEWS
The Island Packet

APPROVED PODCASTS:
Murdaugh Murders by Mandy Matney
Impact of Influence - The Murdaugh Family Murders

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6
Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12

Thread #13 Thread #14

Last edited by a moderator:
Per some posts on the previous thread, there are thoughts that the Murdaugh family still has enough influence that some local people would be scared to cross them.

If that's the case, they wouldn't even need to get a "good ol' boy" on the jury. If any jurors worry that things said in the jury room may get back to the ears of the Murdaugh family, some jurors may self-censor their thoughts, ideas, etc. For sure Murdaugh and family will also know who the jurors are; would that info come into play long after a verdict? Basically, they don't need someone in person on the jury pushing for "not guilty" or arguing that things are not proven beyond reasonable doubt. Fear is a great motivator & may sway the jury even if there's not a Murdaugh ally in the jury room.

I'm surprised the prosecution didn't push for a change of venue.

MOO.

I think the nature of the crime will make it far less likely that AM will be acquitted. I think it more like that the influential people want him in prison, where people will forget him and his deeds over time. As an example of what I mean, Jerry Sandusky and a couple of higher-ups at Penn State went to prison, but no one involved in the Second Mile charity did, which was ground zero for Sandusky to find and groom kids. Once they went to prison, people stopped investigating and pushing to get at the roots of the corruption. I suspect that's what "influential people" hope for--AM and his crimes down the memory hole.

Murdaugh, the man who wrecked a South Carolina legal dynasty?

A headline in the Oct. 10, 1973, edition of The Hampton County Guardian spoke of high hopes for the continuation of a dynasty: “4th Generation Murdaugh in Court.”

The story reported that 5-year-old jury boy “Alec” Murdaugh went on duty that Monday during Hampton County General Sessions Court to draw names for the jury panel, just as his daddy had once done. His grandfather, Randolph “Buster” Murdaugh Jr., was Solicitor at the time and his father, Randolph III, was an assistant solicitor, making him the fourth generation of the family “in action” in the Hampton County Courthouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lee k