SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they're counting on Google to show when their phones stopped moving. That evidence is still to come.
moo
Actually, Google's returned warrant cites they had nothing for the phones of AM, PM, and MM revealing locations tracked on the date/time of murders. This response by Google further caused the court to grant a request for the subpoena of a Google records administrator to appear in person. This just happened/reported in the last week. MOO

ETA: I understand this is possible if "Apple Map" is the phone default-- and common when the iPhone user also wears an Apple watch.

Is there any aerial footage of the property that shows the sunflower field and any road/trail used to get to it? I'm looking but have only found 1 that might show the field but it was taken at the wrong time of year and the field I see is plowed. If you know of one, please link it if possible.
I understood the "dove field" to be the planting area for the sunflowers. I believe this field needed to be replanted after it was discovered that the caretaker (Rowe) accidentally poisoned the seed.

AM discussed this with investigators and the reason that AM intended to terminate the caretaker but had not yet done so. AM named Rowe to investigators as a possible suspect. MOO

I understood the "dove field" to be the planting area for the sunflowers. I believe this field needed to be replanted after it was discovered that the caretaker (Rowe) accidentally poisoned the seed.

AM discussed this with investigators and the reason that AM intended to terminate the caretaker but had not yet done so. AM named Rowe to investigators as a possible suspect. MOO
That's correct as far as I know. There is something about that field that I can't quite put my finger on...like you know when you know something but it remains just at the edge...a code of some sort maybe IDK. Too much emphasis on the sunflowers and that field to not mean something. moo

Actually, Google's returned warrant cites they had nothing for the phones of AM, PM, and MM revealing locations tracked on the date/time of murders. This response by Google further caused the court to grant a request for the subpoena of a Google records administrator to appear in person. This just happened/reported in the last week. MOO

ETA: I understand this is possible if "Apple Map" is the phone default-- and common when the iPhone user also wears an Apple watch.
If I understand it right, for Google to have nothing for the phones, means someone has to manually go into the phone and turn that feature off.

Each new phone here at home we were asked if we wanted that feature on when setting up the phone.

If this is the case, each of their phones have that feature turned off.

Is there any aerial footage of the property that shows the sunflower field and any road/trail used to get to it? I'm looking but have only found 1 that might show the field but it was taken at the wrong time of year and the field I see is plowed. If you know of one, please link it if possible.

"Forensic evidence of the horrific crime scene was laid out by Rutland who - referring to her notes from the investigation - observed.... as what appeared to be scratches and a bruise on Paul's cheek."

"Worley said police found blood in Murdaugh's SUV, along with a 16-gauge shotgun shell in the rear. She told the court the Chevrolet Suburban tested presumptive for blood after swabs were taken from the steering wheel, edge of the driver's seat and lock button."

"Rutland also said she did not see any footprints or kneeling marks on the ground in the kennels where the bodies were discovered, despite there being pools of blood."

WALTERBORO, S.C. – Disbarred South Carolina attorney Alex Murdaugh suggested in an interview with investigators hours after his wife and son were murdered that a caretaker might be to blame.

David Owen, an agent with the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division, asked Murdaugh if there was anyone he suspected of the crime.

“This is such a stupid thing, I’m embarrassed to say it,” Murdaugh answered before naming C.B. Rowe, a man he’d hired about eight weeks earlier.

[…]

“He told Paul a story the other day about how when he was in high school he got into a fight with some Black guys and FBI undercover team observed him fighting those guys and put him on an undercover team with three Navy SEALs,” Murdaugh told the investigators. “Their job was to kill radical Black Panthers and they did that from Myrtle Beach to Savannah.”

[…]

After Murdaugh implicated Rowe, he backtracked. “Now I really don’t think this guy, you know, is probably the person,” he said.

[…]

Alex Murdaugh implicates groundskeeper after murders, video shows - WFIN Local News

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

Tech answers to be revealed at trial! Or I hope..

Jan 23, 2023

Google provided “records indicating no devices with google location data being stored by google were present at the time of a double murder,” according to the filing.

Prosecutors argued that representative testimony is necessary to prove the records are “true and accurate.”

Judge Newman approved both petitions, saying the representatives are “necessary and material” witnesses.

He asked that if the representatives refuse to appear willingly, “the [witnesses] be taken into immediate custody and be delivered to the custody of any law enforcement officer for the State of South Carolina, who is directed by this Court to take whatever measures necessary to ensure the attendance” of the witnesses.

Last edited by a moderator:
bbm
That's big ... and the defense doesn't have much to work with !
No doubt the defense will call their own expert to buffer the belief the GSR could have been transferred from AM's handling of his own weapon on the night of the murders.

I just hope Senator DH doesn't have a local expert he's relied on for the past 20 years. I just get the feeling DH's touted record with local jurors is dependent on calling a network of good ole boys like himself. JMO

Prosecutor hints at cellphone, bullet evidence as Alex Murdaugh's murder trial gets underway
“Maggie Murdaugh's cellphone, for which her husband provided the code investigators used to find it the next day, showed it was being dumped on the side of the road off the property at the same time Alex Murdaugh's phone showed he started his truck just outside his home, the defense attorney said.”

Perhaps this has been addressed, but what is the best explanation for this?

Prosecutor hints at cellphone, bullet evidence as Alex Murdaugh's murder trial gets underway
“Maggie Murdaugh's cellphone, for which her husband provided the code investigators used to find it the next day, showed it was being dumped on the side of the road off the property at the same time Alex Murdaugh's phone showed he started his truck just outside his home, the defense attorney said.”

Perhaps this has been addressed, but what is the best explanation for this?
But it was Buster who helped with this not AM.

"Asked about the photos this month, John Marvin Murdaugh said they show him and the investigators trying to find Maggie Murdaugh’s cell phone using an app on Maggie’s remaining son Buster Murdaugh’s phone."

No doubt the defense will call their own expert to buffer the belief the GSR could have been transferred from AM's handling of his own weapon on the night of the murders.

I just hope Senator DH doesn't have a local expert he's relied on for the past 20 years. I just get the feeling DH's touted record with local jurors is dependent on calling a network of good ole boys like himself. JMO
True.
But handling his own weapon, that had to have been fired. (Which he does not say he did).
<modsnip - no link>

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. The document talks about a t-shirt "which was almost completely a dark color." The t-shirt we've seen AM wearing that night is white.

I caught that too. Maybe I was just making a mistake. Guess not if you caught that too.

It's clarified if you read the 2nd attachment to Reporter's tweet. It's the spots that are a dark color but the background of the T-shirt is described as white.

Interesting. The document talks about a t-shirt "which was almost completely a dark color." The t-shirt we've seen AM wearing that night is white.
I don't know what method they used to identify blood residue, but I think most techiques involve spraying the garment with a special liquid and then, while wet, taking photographs in the dark, with a special type of light that makes only blood residue glow. So, the photos would show the white tshirt as dark, any lighter coloured spots would be blood (and not ordinary dirt/paint, etc).

JMO

I don't know what method they used to identify blood residue, but I think most techiques involve spraying the garment with a special liquid and then, while wet, taking photographs in the dark, with a special type of light that makes only blood residue glow. So, the photos would show the white tshirt as dark, any lighter coloured spots would be blood (and not ordinary dirt/paint, etc).

JMO
I just noticed that the second page says that photoshop was used to enhance the blue and dark spots on the white background of the t-shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine