SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
True.
But handling his own weapon, that had to have been fired. (Which he does not say he did).
<modsnip - no link>
Come on @Warwick7 -- we're talking slick lawyers AM and DH!! ;)

What's to stop AM from alleging he did indeed fire a weapon earlier in the day -- perhaps when he was riding around the property with PM!

We can't forget the spent casings already present on the ground before the murders.

And AM & DH would know there's no scientific test to determine whether a particular gun has recently been fired:

There is no scientific test currently available to determine whether a particular gun has been recently fired – the available testing only determines whether there is residue from a recent firing on the person’s skin, clothes, etc. It is also important to note that the absence of GSR does not prove that a person did not fire a gun, since the residual chemicals can be removed by wiping, hand-washing, wind, rain, etc. See State v. Lambert, 341 N.C. 36 (1995) (“negative gunshot residue test could be explained by defendant's wringing of her hands and the use of her hands to wipe tears from her face”).

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing that stands out to me so far in AM's communications with the various law enforcement officers is he does not seem like he is on any type of drugs. Although I have no idea of how opiod addicition manifests in human behavior, he is not what I would think it looks like. Just my uneducated opinion.
Agreed. I have been around users before, and I don't see him acting like he's on meth or percs imo.

We have no idea when they died. What evidence has been shown that they died 2 minutes after they used their phones? Bc they weren’t using their phones? If I put my phone back in my pocket at 8:45 after sending a message the fact that it’s idle in my pocket doesn’t make me dead. The phones were not powered off

TIME OF DEATH:

Snapchat provided a video Paul sent to several friends at 7:56 p.m. the evening of June 7, 2021. Autopsy reports put Paul and Margaret’s times of death just over an hour later between 9:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.

I understand the Colleton County/Moselle property where the victims were shot and killed includes a hunting lodge.

Was the house described as being about 1,000 yards from the kennels the Murdaugh's primary residence --and the same home where the housekeeper had an accidental fall from the stairs? Thanks.

Come on @Warwick7 -- we're talking slick lawyers AM and DH!! ;)

What's to stop AM from alleging he did indeed fire a weapon earlier in the day -- perhaps when he was riding around the property with PM!

We can't forget the spent casings already present on the ground before the murders.

And AM & DH would know there's no scientific test to determine whether a particular gun has recently been fired:

There is no scientific test currently available to determine whether a particular gun has been recently fired – the available testing only determines whether there is residue from a recent firing on the person’s skin, clothes, etc. It is also important to note that the absence of GSR does not prove that a person did not fire a gun, since the residual chemicals can be removed by wiping, hand-washing, wind, rain, etc. See State v. Lambert, 341 N.C. 36 (1995) (“negative gunshot residue test could be explained by defendant's wringing of her hands and the use of her hands to wipe tears from her face”).
Lol! Why do you have to burst my bubble!
ps...I think you are right about AM and DIck.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

Just from what I’ve seen of the interview, I didn’t notice AM playing the good ole boy cards as I expected. I’m sure he knew the video was rolling but I still expected different.

Last edited by a moderator:

June 30, 2022

HAMPTON COUNTY, S.C. (WSAV) – A judge has approved the sale of the Murdaugh family beach house on Edisto Island.

WSAV has learned an all-cash offer of $955,000 has been placed on the four-bedroom, three-bathroom home on 3606 Big Bay Drive. That’s $35,000 above the asking price.

The nearly $4 million Moselle property where Maggie and Paul Murdaugh were shot dead last June is also up for sale and apparently under contract.

[..]

Lis pendens filed in Hampton County kept the properties from being sold off without clearance by the receivership and the court.

[..]

While the properties and the family’s holdings were in Maggie Murdaugh’s name, Alex was the sole beneficiary of her will. Earlier this month, he attempted to give up his claim to his late wife’s estate, which would presumably go to the surviving Murdaugh son, Buster. But a judge denied that request.

Along with the approval of the Edisto Island sale, Judge Daniel Hall signed off on requests that will satisfy Palmetto State Bank’s more than $150,000 mortgage on the home and over $6,000 incurred by Lay and McCoy in selling the house.

Just found this video that shows photos of the t-shirt starting around 1:35

Great find @Cindizzi!

Both the fixed image and overlays of the images appear to give credence to allegations of consumptive testing of the t-shirt.

IMO, this is probably going to come down to a battle between the experts. Fortunately, the state's expert is the granddaddy of blood spatter. MOO

This widely followed and highly publicized murder trial – a media “mini-city” has been established around the courthouse square that includes a media overflow room, food trucks and luxury porta potties – is set to resume at 9:30 a.m. Monday before Judge Clifton Newman.

Stan Mitchell, from out of town, holds a Jesus saves cross as Alex Murdaugh arrives at the Colleton County Courthouse before day four of his double murder trail on Thursday, Jan. 26, 2023.

While the AG’s Office would not comment on what witnesses are next to appear next week, the state has published a list of 255 possible witnesses in this trial, which is expected to last until roughly Feb. 10.

Prosecutor hints at cellphone, bullet evidence as Alex Murdaugh's murder trial gets underway
“Maggie Murdaugh's cellphone, for which her husband provided the code investigators used to find it the next day, showed it was being dumped on the side of the road off the property at the same time Alex Murdaugh's phone showed he started his truck just outside his home, the defense attorney said.”

Perhaps this has been addressed, but what is the best explanation for this?

Not sure what to make of this.

Not sure how a phone would know when you start a vehicle unless its plugged in?

I hope they tell/say exactly where her phone was.

Jmo

<snipped>

Perhaps the most telling information on the 911 call was when Murdaugh told the dispatcher that the last time he had talked to his wife was roughly two hours before and that he wasn't at the crime scene at the time of the killings. Prosecutors said at the beginning of the trial that they had cell phone video evidence that puts Murdaugh at the scene with the victims much closer than the two-hour period he told dispatchers.

<snipped>

While Murdaugh had told dispatchers that he had touched the bodies to see if there was a pulse, Chapman testified that the two most common pulse checkpoints were the wrists and the neck. Paul Murdaugh's hands were underneath his blood-covered body, and his neck was covered in blood, yet Murdaugh had no visible blood on his hands or clothing, testified Chapman.

Chapman also testified that Murdaugh exhibited behavior that night that he thought was "odd," and at times his reactions and facial expressions changed when they searched different areas of the crime scene, or asked him specific questions.

Alex Murdaugh murder trial: Recapping Week 1. What happened in court and what's to come.

Waters told the jury they will hear that about a week after the killings, Murdaugh showed up early in the morning at his parents’ home, something “uncharacteristic” of him.

“He comes in. He’s carrying something in a blue tarp and he takes it upstairs. And eventually, law enforcement finds out about that, and they go upstairs and they find upstairs a wadded up very, very large raincoat, in a blue color, that could look like a tarp. And you’re going to hear evidence it was coated with gunshot residue on the inside,” he said, adding there would be “a lot” of forensic evidence in the case.

He said they found Maggie’s cell phone the night of the killing on the side of the road about a half-mile or so away from the crime scene.

Not sure what to make of this.

Not sure how a phone would know when you start a vehicle unless its plugged in?

I hope they tell/say exactly where her phone was.

Jmo
MM’s phone was apparently ‘dumped’ along the side of the road, minutes after the murder. Supposedly at the same time AM started his truck, at the house, when he left to visit his father. Two things happening at the same time, in two different places.

I’m not questioning the willingness to protect, but the safe confidence of crossing that property to go into a house that could or couldn’t hold danger. That shotgun is of no use if the person who was willing to kill 2 there already is within reach of it. It just seems that somebody with his education and some understanding of crime wouldn’t take those chances. And if he took the time out to change clothes while there then ima think he is joking with us somehow as that is pretty close to “dumb crook news” territory. (If anybody recalls that old article from newspapers about the local “scenes” in the 80s-90s)
Here's my thinking if he is innocent:

He comes home from visiting his mother and goes into the house. His wife's car is still there, yet nobody is home. He goes out to the kennels to try and find them. I believe he drove.

He finds the bodies, calls them in. While on the phone with 911, he gets freaked out. He's sitting out there alone in the dark with dead bodies. The killer is where? He was just at the house, and he didn't have any problems there, so it's probably safe. Near the kennels, it is clearly unsafe. He would be somewhat protected in the vehicle on the way.

Given a choice between the 2 areas, the house is clearly the safest choice. But he doesn't want to leave the bodies, so getting the gun and returning is a logical choice. He's still in the most dangerous area, yet he will have some form of protection.

Did he change his clothes, wash his hands? I don't know, but I would. I would be frantic to get the blood of my child off my hands/body.

If he is guilty (which I believe he is):

Driving back to the house gives him a great excuse if they find blood in the vehicle (which I believe they did).

It also gives him a chance to clean up and again, a great excuse for blood in the drains, etc.

His explanation for the drive makes logical sense and is a smart move, IMHO.

Here's my thinking if he is innocent:

He comes home from visiting his mother and goes into the house. His wife's car is still there, yet nobody is home. He goes out to the kennels to try and find them. I believe he drove.

He finds the bodies, calls them in. While on the phone with 911, he gets freaked out. He's sitting out there alone in the dark with dead bodies. The killer is where? He was just at the house, and he didn't have any problems there, so it's probably safe. Near the kennels, it is clearly unsafe. He would be somewhat protected in the vehicle on the way.

Given a choice between the 2 areas, the house is clearly the safest choice. But he doesn't want to leave the bodies, so getting the gun and returning is a logical choice. He's still in the most dangerous area, yet he will have some form of protection.

Did he change his clothes, wash his hands? I don't know, but I would. I would be frantic to get the blood of my child off my hands/body.

If he is guilty (which I believe he is):

Driving back to the house gives him a great excuse if they find blood in the vehicle (which I believe they did).

It also gives him a chance to clean up and again, a great excuse for blood in the drains, etc.

His explanation for the drive makes logical sense and is a smart move, IMHO.

It’s only a smart move if AM tells LE he went to the house and realized he had blood on his hands and clothes so he quickly washed off and changed clothes because he couldn’t stand the thought of having it on him. It’s only a smart move if his bloody clothes are in a heap in the floor where he says he left them.
AM said none of that to police because, in my opinion, he went to the house to wash a lot of blood and gore off and hid his clothes he had on when he shot his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500