SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
This (bolded and enlarged point) is what I want to know. RG was desperately trying to reach Paul..and then he even texted Maggie, yet he didn't answer any of AM's calls.
And why was AM so desperate to reach RG? 4 calls within a half hour after you've supposedly stumbled across the violently murdered bodies of your beloved wife and son?? Yeah, that's not normal. Definitely fishy.

I can't wait to hear from RG on the stand to understand what was going on from his end.
And RG was redacted.

Quoting myself again…

AM called Rogan after calling 911. AM placed calls to Rogan Gibson at:
10:21
10:24
10:25
10:30

AM’s 911 call: “The call was made at 10:07 p.m. the night of June 7, 2021, and first responders arrived 18 minutes later.”

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article271689727.html#storylink=cpy
I think Alec was calling Rogan to find out what was on the video Paul sent right before the murders. Paul had Rogan's dog in the kennel and was taking videos of him to send to Rogan. JMO.

We've been wondering what he's been munching on in videos and in court. Today in the recording Waters played with Alec being interviewed by SLED on June 10 In the car at JMM's hunting lodge, Alec asked if he needed to remove his tobacco before they did a buccal swab on him. Apparently he uses chewing tobacco. :p MOO.

That's probably what Alec's spitting out when he asks to open the door in the car-cam video with SLED the night of the murders. Nasty! :p MOO

Last edited:
We've been wondering what he's been munching on in videos and in court. Today in the recording Waters played with Alec being interviewed by SLED on June 10 In the car at JMM's hunting lodge, Alec asked if he needed to remove his tobacco before they did a buccal swab on him. Apparently he uses chewing tobacco. :p MOO.

It is the rural south. Many young teens in the textile town I grew up in chewed it. And (I included) smoked it.

1/26/23

(NewsNation) — Alex Murdaugh claims Curtis "Cousin Eddie" Smith is responsible for the death of his wife and son.

The attorney representing Smith, however, believes her client will be a star witness in Murdaugh's trial and that as a result, Smith's name will be cleared.

"I believe that when he (Murdaugh) lured Eddie out to the side of the road, he was gonna kill him and blame this whole thing on him ... I firmly believe that was what was gonna happen," Aimee Zmroczek said Monday during an appearance on "Banfield."

[..]

Zmroczek assured "Banfield" on Monday that Smith will be "telling the truth." She also confirmed that there haven't been any conversations about a plea deal regarding Smith.

"The basic story has not changed and that honest truth will be told when Eddie is sworn under oath to tell the truth," Zmroczek said.

At 2:30 they ask AM who PM’s friends are. When he gets to RG he mentions that RG lives “ around the corner “

If the Gibson kid lives that close it would be all the more reason to call and see where he was. Did AM say that he did talk with RG? I need to replay that.

Edit to add that he said he has talked to Nolan. He did say that he called RG. It still seems odd that after calling about a double murder he calls this one guy so much.

Last edited:
If the Gibson kid lives that close it would be all the more reason to call and see where he was. Did AM say that he did talk with RG? I need to replay that.
If I recall correctly, very early AM tells investigators he tried to call a nice kid living nearby. IMO, AM was referring to Rogan Gibson (RG) when talking about the nice kid. I think it odd that AM did not initially say he tried to call PM's friend living nearby.

It was 2 days later that AM identified RG by name when asked the names of PM's friends. AM talked to Noland but not RG.

IMO, AM was aware of the missed communication between RG and both of the victims and did not want to bring attention to this person residing nearby and the victims on the evening of the murders. From the onset, we see AM trying to control the narrative with good reason-- he was on video placing himself at the kennels, and the video was sent to RG.

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, very early AM tells investigators he tried to call a nice kid living nearby. IMO, AM was referring to Rogan Gibson (RG) when talking about the nice kid. I think it odd that AM did not initially say he tried to call PM's friend living nearby.

It was 2 days later that AM identified RG by name when asked the names of PM's friends. AM talked to Noland but not RG.

IMO, AM was aware of the missed communication between RG and both of the victims and did not want to bring attention to this person residing nearby and the victims on the evening of the murders. From the onset, we see AM trying to control the narrative with good reason-- he was on video placing himself at the kennels, and the video was sent to RG.

AM seems to indicate to the agent that he had mentioned Gibson before, “you know, the one that I said lived around the corner”. The many calls so soon after still bugs me.

Possible sure but seems like wasted movements of the shooter IMO. Why make the extra moves when one can just step in front of or slightly in the doorway and fire the weapon.
I think, in my mind, it's a question of angle in PM's shooting. It was done, both shots, very up close and personal. AM is a much bigger person than he's son was in height. Excuse the need for more graphic talk...If PM's face was as intact like has been spoken about at trial and his shoulder neck area was where the weapon was discharged, that second shot would have had to be at an upward angle. Considering the difference in stature of PM and AM, wouldn't AM need to have been lower than his normal standing height?

I think there must have been a struggle for the gun with PM possibly grasping the barrel and yanking it. Could this have caused AM to maybe go down on one knee?

I still can't figure those two right side-ejecting shotgun shells winding up behind the door yet PM is almost all outside with only his feet on the door's threshold, lying face down with his arms underneath his body.

AJMO

I have to agree! The residence should have been treated as an extended part of the crime scene in possession of SLED. We have too many folks here. Murdaugh name power is at play. JMO

If nothing else, an initial theory is always a family member is involved. That alone with AM saying he was at the house with victims, then left property and came back to the house, left again to then come back for a weapon and leave...the house was also the crime scene and possibly full of information to solve two murders. WHAT were these investigators thinking!? It should have been ok sorry but this whole property is a crime scene, please go stay with family. AJMO

Well again been busy working so not in here so often but.....some things that stuck out to me today.
  • They have AM recorded saying he was at the house asleep while PM and MM were at the kennels. Lie!
  • He said, Paul was a really intuitive little dude." Um did Paul figure out what AM was about to do maybe???
  • Also AM said, "Maggie felt privileged to not have to work.." EXCUSE ME??? Being a SAHM is hard work if you're doing it right. Like she was so privileged because of him..ick.
  • The number of guns and all of the ammo laying all around that house! And I'm from Texas just sayin'.
  • Goosey (lol)
  • The way this SOB can just cry and dribble snot when we know he is lying because there are digital footprints to the contrary. FACT.
  • Why didn't PM's friend answer calls from AM when he was concerned/waiting to hear back from PM?
  • Buster staring at that jury.

I wonder what is going through Buster's mind and if any of his opinions change back and forth.
I find this exchange very interesting.

"But when approached by DailyMail.com at the home he shares with long-term girlfriend [BW], also 26, in South Carolina's Hilton Head Island, this week Murdaugh's sole surviving heir gave the first glimpse into his mindset.

Responding emotionally to DailyMail.com's enquiry, 'Presumably you're supporting your father?' he replied, 'You have no right to presume anything.'

And he was adamant as he said, 'I don't want to see it written anywhere that I'm supporting my father.'

Asked if he wished to make any other statement regarding his father's innocence or guilt he said simply, 'I have no interest in saying anything. I have no comment,' before politely returning indoors."

Or possibly worried that he had already showed up, seen something, and hightailed it out of there. JMO.
Oh God if he did, that poor kid. I keep thinking there must have been a reason RG didn't just hop on over to see his dog after neither PM nor MM returned his calls? Maybe he was out of town?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail