SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok......

8:49:27 She received and read text from JM group text. This is the last text read on her phone.

8:49:31 Her phone locks forever. (Which is natural. Mine takes 2-3 seconds then it's locked again.)

8:53 phone takes 59 steps.

8:54 phone orientation changes to portrait. Face ID is activated but does not unlock the phone.

9:04 call from AM

9:06 her phone orientation changes to portrait again--- but does not unlock...

---------------
I felt he was walking with her phone (59 steps) but that makes no sense. Why walk with it for 59 steps then try to get into it?

No. I believe now she was running those 59 steps...

Unless someone can show me it differently.

Except CB Rowe was the caretaker who handled the dogs, so it wouldn’t be Paul’s responsibility to feed them (plus, he was supposedly irresponsible and often not there). And it was almost 9pm, so late to feed dogs (at least in my home!). (Rowe is on the witness list; we’ll see if he ends up testifying.)
We heard AM's audio interview during testimony that CB Rowe had the day off because he had to take his daddy to the doctor on 6/7. And dogs don't wait on anybody -- somebody had to cover his chores on that date.

Alex knew Maggie's pass code for her phone. He gave it to investigators in the car interview. I think the camera activating and trying to read a face was when Maggie was running and possibly when she fell and dropped the phone ?

Except CB Rowe was the caretaker who handled the dogs, so it wouldn’t be Paul’s responsibility to feed them (plus, he was supposedly irresponsible and often not there). And it was almost 9pm, so late to feed dogs (at least in my home!). (Rowe is on the witness list; we’ll see if he ends up testifying.)

I also don’t believe AM when he said during an LE interview that Maggie frequently hung out at the kennels. I just don’t buy it. I think they were hunting dogs, used for that purpose primarily, and not necessarily beloved family pets. Because who leaves beloved dogs penned up in kennels 1/3 mile from the house? And Maggie spent most of her time at the Edisto beach house.

AM’s spiel about Maggie hanging out at the kennel was just BS to convince LE that her being there was normal and routine. MOO
Maybe not to feed the dogs but THE dog. Remember. They were taking care of a dog for a friend and Paul was videotaping it. Also, apparently the friend knew Maggie was with him bc he sent MM a text 30 minutes later telling her to get PM to respond. Apparently MM and the friend texted and were reasonably close bc there were former texts between the two that was presented today. AM even called the friend several times after 911. AM couldve simply said, I’ll go with you or let’s all check and do it together.

Also, the step counts imply that she was driven to the kennels because there is no record of the many steps it would have taken for her to walk that far.

Oh man, he blasted them away as soon as he got them to the kennels. :(

I was just wondering the same thing. 59 steps probably wouldn't cover the number it would take to walk from the house to the hangar.

The recordings PM made down at the dog kennels will tell a lot.

Maybe not to feed the dogs but THE dog. Remember. They were taking care of a dog for a friend and Paul was videotaping it. Also, apparently the friend knew Maggie was with him bc he sent MM a text 30 minutes later telling her to get PM to respond. Apparently MM and the friend texted and were reasonably close bc there were former texts between the two that was presented today. AM even called the friend several times after 911. AM couldve simply said, I’ll go with you or let’s all check and do it together.
Also, I forgot to mention. CB Rowe did NOT work that day. He had taken his father to the doctor. AM mentions it the night of the murders.

I don't have an iPhone, so could someone help me out?

If Maggie had locked her phone, then heard gunshots and started running, could either 1) her attempting to use her phone to call 911 while running or 2) her having the phone in her hand while running and her making an involuntary finger motion cause the camera to attempt to take a picture to verify face and unlock? Does the phone try to take a picture, no matter what is in the viewfinder (such as the ground, the side of her leg, etc) or does it only attempt to take a picture to verify indenity if it "sees" a face shape?

Alex knew Maggie's pass code for her phone. He gave it to investigators in the car interview. I think the camera activating and trying to read a face was when Maggie was running and possibly when she fell and dropped the phone ?

I believe the 9669(?) passcode during the car interview was to AM's phone.

MM's phone was still missing at the time so it doesn't follow this was MM's pin. Nonetheless, whether or not AM knew MM's pin on the date he shot her dead, I agree that AM eventually provided MM's code to investigators after John Marvin located her phone. JMO

Also, Maggie's phone was found in airplane mode. Could the phone being held up and switching to portrait mode be Alex putting it on airplane mode? Can that be done from the lockscreen by someone who is not the owner? I can't see any reason why Maggie would have put it in airplane mode herself.

I've been reading all this to my husband.
He said: "If 59 steps were logged and you think she was running. When the display comes on and it goes to portrait for 1 second, could that be when she hit the ground? It popped open the display or she had the mind to open it then collapses?"

Yes that makes sense to me.

Question or clarification. Is there only one way in and one way out of Mozelle? Also, if Maggie's phone turned off and then moments later Alex texted her that he was leaving to go check on "M" why did he not see headlights or someone entering the property? All of this today is really not good for AM, imo. It's like everyday the water is getting hotter and hotter for AM.

Also, Maggie's phone was found in airplane mode. Could the phone being held up and switching to portrait mode be Alex putting it on airplane mode? Can that be done from the lockscreen by someone who is not the owner? I can't see any reason why Maggie would have put it in airplane mode herself.
Did he say it was in airplane mode when it was found or when he received it? Because I was thinking that they were saying they would put a phone in airplane mode when located instead of a faraday bag to keep it from being wiped remotely.

Good question about putting the phone in airplane mode, who did that?

Ok......

8:49:27 She received and read text from JM group text. This is the last text read on her phone.

8:49:31 Her phone locks forever. (Which is natural. Mine takes 2-3 seconds then it's locked again.)

8:53 phone takes 59 steps.

8:54 phone orientation changes to portrait. Face ID is activated but does not unlock the phone.

9:04 call from AM

9:06 her phone orientation changes to portrait again--- but does not unlock...

---------------
I felt he was walking with her phone (59 steps) but that makes no sense. Why walk with it for 59 steps then try to get into it?

No. I believe now she was running those 59 steps...

Unless someone can show me it differently.
Thinking: Walk with it to get in car so he can dispose of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member