SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious how the defence intend to create a rationale for AM lying about being at the Kennels. I feel they need something for a juror to latch on to, no matter how tenuous.

A significant issue for me, in determining whether there is any reasonably possibly true version for the defence, is that the obstruction of AM begins in the very first minute after the 'discovery' of the bodies.

He begins to mislead by omission, immediately during the 911 call which begins only 20s after he reaches the scene, and heavily once first responders arrive.

What can be the thought process here? It's not like he has had a chance to think anything through. And he has a solid alibi, so what possible innocent explanation can there be?

I don't see how you make it work.

Last night on Murder Trial Recap Feb. 17: The Murdaugh Murders, Money & Mystery | Unsolved South Carolina, very early in the podcast, former S.C. AG Charlie Condon pointed out that Alec had trust going for him and that's why he thinks shooting two family members with two firearms was so doable. Paul and Maggie wouldn't think twice about seeing Alec with a gun.

Paul probably didn't see Alec aiming the shotgun before the first fire since he seemed to be looking for something related to Rogan's dog Cash. As CW said "pop, pop," Alec takes Paul down, crouching on a knee and to the side of the feed room door for the second shot that adds another trajectory.

I seems like Maggie may have been pacing around behind equipment and focused on her phone at this time (footprints in crime scene photo). She then must have emerged, startled by the shotgun blasts, but if she saw Alec coming toward her with the AR, she may have thought he was coming to protect her (she certainly wouldn't have thought he was Paul's shooter or advancing to shoot her) until he shouldered the rifle. If this is what happened, that trust is what bought him time. AG Condon's opinion. MO, too.

That last paragraph makes sense. And is so sad. This makes sense. If I heard a shotgun at my property, I’d be bewildered first, concerned it was an accident, but I’d never in a million years think my spouse killed my child.

Does Alex have the most number of podcasts? I can’t keep up with all of them!

Another observation about AM and pills-- in the confession interview, he references learning about a pill supplier from an injured individual (client?) having trouble getting medication.

I wouldn't be surprised if AM used his "inventory" to keep ailing clients happy as he robbed them blind of their settlements. All the while playing on their weaknesses to endear himself as their champion. MOO :mad:
OMG. That’s a new angle to consider.

Maggie told friends that "Alex was up to something" as she drove to Moselle that day. If it occurred to her that Alex might hurt her, I think she would have felt that there was safety in numbers. She knew Paul was there, and she would have been certain that Alex would not do anything to either of them while they were together. What they both did not realize is that they were there by design because Alex intended to murder both of them.

I think Maggie's death was exceptionally cruel. Not only knowing that Alex killed Paul, but then she suffered 3 non-fatal but extremely painful injuries prior to two fatal shots to the head. Paul's death was cruel as well because his non-fatal injury left him able to walk to the door of the shed and look at the shooter before his fatal shot to the head.
Unfortunately, that comment,as reported by the media, is unconfirmed and was never put into evidence by the Prosecution. They gave us testimony that MM was worried about AM’s health, that she ordered juice for him, that her sister encouraged her to go to Moselle. But not that.

So either the media had sources that regulariy played them for fools, or the media played us. Or some entity wanted false information to become part of the ‘history’ of this case.

So much media garbage is imbedded in our minds. If the prosecution had this statement, it would have certainly been offered as part of the case. I certainly quoted it and believed it…until trial.

Otherwise, your point is well taken.

This isn’t related directly to the murders, but just their lifestyle. Does anyone find it odd the dogs lived in kennels? Basically the same thing as being at a shelter. Or did they roam all day at the property and just sleep and eat there?

Last edited:
This isn’t related directly to the murders, but just their lifestyle. Does anyone find it odd the dogs lived in kennels? Basically the same thing as being at a shelter. Or did the roam all day at the property and just sleep and eat there?

I was surprised that the labs were kept outside, thought they were more family pets versus the hunting dog’s.

Somewhat surprised Maggie didn’t have Bubba with her but she had appointment in charleston.

That last paragraph makes sense. And is so sad. This makes sense. If I heard a shotgun at my property, I’d be bewildered first, concerned it was an accident, but I’d never in a million years think my spouse killed my child.

Does Alex have the most number of podcasts? I can’t keep up with all of them!
When did Maggie think she was going to Almeda (where here father-in-law wasn't)? 9 pm?

I suspect she was waiting for Alec. Pacing. While he was, she thought, washing down the kennels --

Thank goodness Paul was able to record those videos. With scant battery, it was beyond lucky he had enough power to do it.

Only three people there.

Only one with means and motive, the one who orchestrated the opportunity.

His admission, handling Paul's phone.

Maggie's blood on Alec's steering wheel, from handling her/her phone.

Her phone, where it was found.

It all points to one person and one alone.

JMO

This isn’t related directly to the murders, but just their lifestyle. Does anyone find it odd the dogs lived in kennels? Basically the same thing as being at a shelter. Or did the roam all day at the property and just sleep and eat there?
MM must have bern fond of Bubba or one of them. Didn’t BM put a litgle dog toy on his Mother’s grave?

Speaking of which, I hope that wasn’t a Defense PR move and thry alerted the media to be there, take pictures. The idea would be that BM loved his Mother and wouldn’t be supporting AM if he killed her.

Last edited:
I was surprised that the labs were kept outside, thought they were more family pets versus the hunting dog’s.

Somewhat surprised Maggie didn’t have Bubba with her but she had appointment in charleston.
Someone awhile back stayed Buster had allergies so dogs couldn’t come inside house(s). Weird. So you get dogs that are “harmful” to your kid and keep them in kennels. Why not get a hypoallergenic dog.

MM must have bern fond of Bubba or one of them. Didn’t BM put a litgle dog toy on his Mother’s grave?

Speaking of which, I hope that wasn’t a Defense PR move and thry alerted the media to be there, take pictures. The idea would be that BM loved his Mother and wouldn’t be supporting AM if he killed her.
That thought did cross my mind about those pictures. Then I felt bad for being cynical.

Someone awhile back stayed Buster had allergies so dogs couldn’t come inside house(s). Weird. So you get dogs that are “harmful” to your kid and keep them in kennels. Why not get a hypoallergenic dog.
They as a family enjoyed hunting , those dogs were pets but also part of their lifestyle for hunting.

Kennelling them reduced the exposure to Buster, no dogs indoors makes life over all easier ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak