SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be convincing myself that I see something that isn’t there, but I thought I saw a spot of thinning hair on Cash’s tail, possibly the beginning of a hot spot? I have a lab who has skin issues, so I’m not sure if it’s actually there or if I’m just used to seeing it and letting my brain play tricks on me.
I thought I saw "something" too after I looked hard but I know nothing about dogs.

I may be convincing myself that I see something that isn’t there, but I thought I saw a spot of thinning hair on Cash’s tail, possibly the beginning of a hot spot? I have a lab who has skin issues, so I’m not sure if it’s actually there or if I’m just used to seeing it and letting my brain play tricks on me.
I see the same thing..not that you cn see much! Chesapeake Bay Retriever here, hot spots are a royal pain!

A thought about why the house at Moselle wasn't roped off as a crime scene. Look at this drone footage of Moselle ( it's in the 2nd half of the video) IF police were to tape off and secure the house they would also have had to tape off and secure the fields and woods. They would need a whole lot of people to secure all that real estate. They didn't have the personnel to do that. At some point they needed to make a decision on what they could secure and what wasn't possible.

Of course Alex calling every person he knew to come out to the farm didn't help. I don't know what the rules are for how big an area of a crime scene is limited to. Just seems like it wasn't feasible to secure the whole farm. Remember this place is out in the middle of nowhere. There aren't many officers in the local police force to call on to come out to the scene of the crime. Just thinking out loud here.

The could have ordered everyone off the property and had SLED or local LE stand guard on the road perimeter. They probably couldn't secure all sides but they should have done the road side and definitely allowed no one in any vehicles or structures. IMO it was a major fail that they didn't. Totally inexcusable. JMO.

Last edited:
Everything that I've read about M family has not shown them in the best light. Its been an interesting read about power and privilege, preferential treatment surrounding this family. Especially AM, and of course is not the making of a murderer. Is it? Could be? However, common sense tells you that drugs and financials will bring a good man down to the lowest of lows.

AM is unable to provide an explanation of his whereabouts during a very small window of time of 8:49 to 9:02 p.m. on the evening his loved ones were killed. Supposedly, he already left the kennels before they were killed and returned home. He knows exactly what he did and has been reliving that night in the courtroom.

He recalls unimportant details, but can’t recall details of the night his Mags or Paul-Paul are murdered?

In addition, there is dog kennel video (8 plus people confirm AM voice on this video) timestamped 8:44 p.m. and data evidence (don’t lie) huge evidence that is enough to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

Moreover, witnesses testimonies, he wanted Ms. Libby's (his mother) caregiver to lie for him about minutes spent at the home. Why? Why would you need to ask someone to lie about something like that. Blue rain jacket. Talking to Blanca about the clothes he was wearing. .. do you remember the clothes I was wearing? As usual trying to change the narrative. Why?

You don’t need to change your story or ask people to lie if you have nothing to hide. You don’t lie if you have nothing to hide.

Honorable mentions:

Possible motives financial and drugs and boat lawsuit had him in a tizzy. Someone took his drugs from him? Was he trying to retrieve his pills from Paul-Paul that night? Was he confronted about drugs the night of the murders? Was it closing in on him?

MP’s testimony will come into play regarding AM had no fear that someone would come after them after the murders. He cared more about the boat crash lawsuit than who killed his family.

Badge and blue lights (AM clearly likes to be in charge)

The prosecution put all the puzzle pieces together, nicely done.

Several of his stories changed, different story night of murders, interrogation and during testimony. Matter of fact the 8/11//2021, interrogation AM refers to Paul not as Paul-Paul not as Timmy but many times as “he” or Paul.

Again, he is vague on important information and detailed explanation on unnecessary information.

Interesting that AM and MM never talked about her medical appointment from earlier that day. Something that most couples would discuss you'd think.

Totality of the circumstances.

I know am missing some other important items but you get the point.

Lone assailant = AM

He appears to be a pathological liar and probably can’t keep up with his own lies. Probably doesn't realize his own lies.

All of this is a matter of opinion.

Interesting that none of the officers or detectives who were at the murder scene, went into the house. Did they need a search warrant? Why didn't they get one?

Because on the cross examination of Blanca, she indicated that she came to work, and cleaned the bathroom, where AM, it appears, took a shower, changed clothes the previous night. The police never checked out the house?!
The night of the murders, LE got a search warrant that covered the entire Moselle property. LE chose not to avail themselves of their right to cordon off the house and search it. :mad:

The night of the murders, LE got a search warrant that covered the entire Moselle property. LE chose not to avail themselves of their right to cordon off the house and search it. :mad:

Probably due to the "Murdaugh" name...still powerful at that time. Reminds me of the "Jon Benet Ramsey" murder investigation, the Ramsey's invited all of their friends over to the house, and completely controlled LEO, to the point that Jon Ramsey was the one who found JBR.

It bothered me that CW couldn’t reel in the blabbermouth. But AM was hell bent on doing his studied and rehearsed monologues, “Mr. Waters.” I wonder if in SC the attorney can request a simple yes or no, but must let the witness then elaborate. Because did you notice that both sides used this tactic: “Just answer yes or no, then you can explain.”

It seemed like a power game Alex was playing, and he was quite pleased with his performance and ability to monopolize the time spent during the State’s questioning. Note that he didn’t do that, generally, with his own attorneys. He only did it with CW. Power game. It was so frustrating to watch. But that last Q by Waters was very effective IMO.

Anyone else agree that AM was quite happy with himself about his performance?

Former South Carolina AG Charlie Condon analyzes Water's performance and had some insight and a lot of praise for his unusual strategy in cross examining Alex:

That's not true. LE was never asked to provide a search warrant and they were openly invited to come into the house and look around. AM's brother followed the LE officers around the house as they searched.

I just would like to say that as a lifelong South Carolinian, that I don’t know a soul that pronounces Alex Murdaugh’s name as “Elick Murdock”. I even have a friend with that same last name and it is pronounced exactly like you would think.
Granted I don’t live in the lowcountry but I have friends down that way too, and nobody says Murdock. Just another way that family tried to set themselves apart from the rest of us rabble I guess.

It was a book by John Grisham that mentioned a Black Judge from what I read, and passed illegally by his sister. Since then, some have tried to slip him contraband, none of which is allowed. No Contact is the Rule/Law, and they are lucky they weren't arrested.
Many thanks!

That's not true. LE was never asked to provide a search warrant and they were openly invited to come into the house and look around. AM's brother followed the LE officers around the house as they searched.

We also have to remember that by that time AM had invited all his friends, law partners and family to Moselle. LE was having to deal with that and try to be considerate of the victim at the same time.

Thought this interesting. AM statement during 2/24/2023 testimony. BBM (confession time?)

He grabbed the mic (really dramatic way):

"I don’t know what I said to LE, but I can tell you this. I pulled up and saw Mags and Paul-Paul and I jumped out of that car and then I went back to my car and I called 911 as quickly as I could. That point in time when I got on the phone then is when I went to them and did the things that I did."

We also have to remember that by that time AM had invited all his friends, law partners and family to Moselle. LE was having to deal with that and try to be considerate of the victim at the same time.
Being a lawyer AM knew a circus of people would distract things! He wanted people to see everything! SICK, but forgot BUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member