SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay so I can't stop thinking about the way Mags sounded on the phone when Gloria suffered her fatal injuries
on the property..I'm not going to say she fell over the dogs on the stairs or whatever because who knows..?

but her affect is just , well she sounds annoyed and put out..even disgusted..she is definitely put out and you can hear it in her voice..there is no urgency even though it's a life and death emergency. This woman has practically lived with them for 20 years..Mags sounds like her day is just ruined...

later in the Netflix thing or was it here, someone said Mags was hysterical over Gloria's fall..yet when she calls 911 you get zero sense of anything... she's an "employee" ...she's just making noises or something...

I cannot right this with what we are told about her...the sweetest ..the best ever..etc..so is she angry on the 911 call because of Alex..has he already got an angle on the insurance settlement he can steal?

it really does make you wonder, does anyone think it's odd that PauPau and Mags were killed with two different firearms? mOO

I noticed the same thing you did on that 911 call. As you pointed out, it seemed they were more interested in someone coming to remove her from their steps than to get her any help.
I don’t think it odd that they were killed with two different firearms, that were, I might add from Moselle. AM had plenty of options and he chose those two. Outside killers would have brought their own guns in my opinion.

Perry in Pelzer is medium security, 3 1/2 hours from Hampton.

Jmo
Doesn't look too bad, really.

The only educational programs it has seem to be basic literacy and GED prep. Maybe Alex can tutor other inmates.

If he offers, or threatens, to testify in those trials he will probably get a sweet plea offer to avoid that again.

Against whom? Isn't he the only defendant or are there others?

He has something like 23 indictments and now about 104 separate charges, nearly all of them felonies. Who else would be on trial that he could testify against? It seems to me he's solely responsible for all the fraud, bogus accounts, theft, money laundering or whatever else is in that package of charges.

IMO.

Contact an Estate atty. We had a trust drawn up before my dh retired and because we had combined 5 children when we married and wanted to divide everything equally. At the time we had investments, his retirement, 2 homes and my dh mother's home to protect. Fast forward by the time we retired we sold 1 home and his mother's home. We then voided the trust and just went with a regular will.
Thank you. I will.

it really does make you wonder, does anyone think it's odd that PauPau and Mags were killed with two different firearms? mOO
This by far is the best explanation and example I've come across:
View attachment 405667

If looks could kill. It’s definitely an eye contact moment. The dynamics of this relationship may not stand the test of time. This may be the biggest life lesson he needs to learn from.

Buster didn’t seem nervous to me for most of his questioning. He has made more looks off the stand than on.
I wonder if Buster suffers from a type of Stockholm syndrome

AFAIK, AM has only state charges against him. The tax evasion charge was brought by the State of SC. I have seen no reports of the federal government bringing tax evasion charges against AM. If there are any federal charges, could someone provide a link so I can add to my file. TIA. moo

While the reports are there are 100+ financial charges delivered by a SC GJ indictment, I believe any federal indictment has been stewing on the back burner knowing that DH/JG will likely pull the speedy trial card with the feds as they did with the State murder charges.

IMO, the govt doesn't want to be burdened by indicting AM only to have his defense pull the speedy trial card here too. They know AM isn't going anywhere and no reason to start the judicial clock by filing charges before they are ready to prosecute AM.

If ever a defendant and defense team to go for any advantage based on technicalities, AM would be the one MOO

Against whom? Isn't he the only defendant or are there others?

He has something like 23 indictments and now about 104 separate charges, nearly all of them felonies. Who else would be on trial that he could testify against? It seems to me he's solely responsible for all the fraud, bogus accounts, theft, money laundering or whatever else is in that package of charges.

IMO.

I’m just thinking the prosecution and court would want to avoid the torture of him on the stand.

I noticed the same thing you did on that 911 call. As you pointed out, it seemed they were more interested in someone coming to remove her from their steps than to get her any help.
I don’t think it odd that they were killed with two different firearms, that were, I might add from Moselle. AM had plenty of options and he chose those two. Outside killers would have brought their own guns in my opinion.

but why oh why not just use one gun? maybe he ran out of bullets in the gun he shot Maggie with? just seems odd. mOO

Not sure if this has been shared here but this reenactment is the best I've seen to explain how/why Alex used two guns.
This 2-min TikTok vid is sideways so sorry if you're watching from PC monitor.

Regarding Alex's emphatic defense of Russell Laffitte recently in court (I'm paraphrasing but he basically said "Russell Laffitte had NOTHING to do with that, he knew nothing about what I was doing, this was all on me") (I'm sorry I cannot remember exactly when), I keep wondering "what if he's not trying to protect Russell, (I mean, come on, Alex is not that decent), what if he is just trying to avoid a RICO charge, which would be federal. He doesn't want to admit to actually conspiring with Russell (and who knows who else) to carry out these financial crimes, so he says "Russell knew nothing, I lied to him too". He does NOT want his criminal network exposed, because that opens him up to federal racketeering/organized crime charges, and the scared sh*tless members of his network sure as hell don't want that kind of an investigation happening. Thats probably why he says CES is just his pill guy and just his check casher. Someone else mentioned how he doesn't want drug trafficing charges so he says he took ALL the drugs, (not that he's been selling them/using them as cash value to barter).

I think the financial crimes investigations could implicate quite a few good ole boys, not to mention Alex's inner circle. How many of those "close" to him feel like they have no choice but to do everything they can to save his *advertiser censored**, legal or illegal, because their very freedom, livelihood, family and reputation depends on it? I am very worried about a jurur already in their pocket from the beginning.

I watched most of AM's testimony on Friday, and one thing he said in response to one of CW's questions and the way he answered was beyond chilling and made my skin crawl, IMO, not sure if anyone else noticed this or commented on it.

When CW asked him if he had ever spent the night again at Moselle after the murders, and he said "no", CW then asked him "why didn't you ever spend the night there again?".

After a lengthy silence, he looked down and was seemingly trying to form the words to respond, at first looking very upset, then like he really resented having to answer the question.

Though I expected him to at least choke out something along the lines of "it was such a horrific murder scene where my dear wife and beloved son had been brutally murdered I didn't want to ever spend the night there again, 'yu know the taint and all"...

Instead, eventually, after looking down and hesitating quite a bit in the "dead silence" of the courtroom waiting for his response, he barely mumbled in a slurred manner with a major side eye and dark look and said out of the side of his mouth "cuz ah deein wunt to".

It was super spooky and bizarre, like his own "Timmy" (evil twin) was finally exposed in that moment. Just brrrrrr.... JMO

I honestly believe Alex doesn't even know right from wrong now. His world existed for him and his needs with never a concern for another, unless there was something in it for him.
He's missing any kind of Character, or the ability to care for anyone other than himself. He is an evil seed. There is no fixing such a being. MOO

His testimony really is full of so many mental slips-ups/tells/consciousness of guilt. The one ringing in my head right now is - “I needed a story” when he was questioned on cross about faking the road side shooting. CW please use those words against him.

When he lies to first responders roadside, he doesn’t think law enforcement will find the incriminating facts that contradict his story (staging/running tires/no spare tire). This is exactly like when he lies to first responders on 6/7 - he wasn’t at kennels because he doesn’t know about the Bubba video until after he has given his statement.

So, now, on the stand, he has to explain why he has a pattern of instantaneous lying (“having a story”) to first responders at crime scenes with him and gunshot injuries/fatalities. And further that the lies aren’t for the purpose of sending law enforcement on a wild goose chase for ninjas, but rather have a perfectly understandable reason that he will explain to you in excruciating detail after digesting all evidence whilst sitting right up front in court like a good student.

Paraphrasing here -

CW: why did you lie to first responders at the roadside, going so far as to spend hours with a sketch artist, when you knew who really shot you?

AM: “I had to have a story”

CW: Uhm, why is that? At the time, you could have 1) come clean - I’m a mess, I’ve lost everything, I want to die, I couldn’t bring myself to do it myself; why go with I’m a victim of unknown assailants?

AM: But Mr. Waters, it was an excusable and understandable lie because - my god have you no sympathy - “I wanted to be DEAD (his voice inflection here was frightening) but I hired a hack of a hit man which I regret and have apologized for.”

What a strange thought process for an innocent person. “I was expecting to be dead, so I was unprepared to explain how I came to have a bullet in my head.”

Same nonsensical exploding-head emoji for why he lied on 6/7 about-being at the kennels before he knew about the video.

AM: But Mr. Waters, you don’t understand that at the thhayyyme, “I was distrustful about SLED targeting’ me, cause of Ro Ro, the boat case, capri suns, and all mah teal-hued Vinny Vines, so I had to lie to help law enforcement look for the ninjas insteada wastin’ time messin’ with me.”

The parallel bait and switch is a real head snapper.

Lies: (1) I wasn’t at the kennels trying to get a chicken; (2) I was shot by a stranger while changing my running tire.

Factual Grenades: (1) Bubba video; (2) insurance card, cousin Ed.

Justifications Under Oath: I lied, told stories, not to be evasive or mislead any investigation but because (1) I was distrustful/paranoid of SLED; (2) I didn’t want my cousin to go to jail for what I put him up to because of my pain and addiction.

Truly mind numbing - but the words “I needed a story” are so guilt-ridden IMO. Needing a story - means a version of events other than what happened and knowledge that the truth is an existential threat to yourself. Obfuscation. And, the way it popped out of his mouth so spontaneously, logically, matter-of-fact is one of those “partial truths”. He sure did need a story.

Finally, I think it’s a massive tell whenever he says Mr. Waters right before and/or after a lie. He makes the insinuation so personal to CW - kind of like AM trying to impeach the prosecutor. Scary, scary interworkings of this man’s psyche.

I watched most of AM's testimony on Friday, and one thing he said in response to one of CW's questions and the way he answered was beyond chilling and made my skin crawl, IMO, not sure if anyone else noticed this or commented on it.

When CW asked him if he had ever spent the night again at Moselle after the murders, and he said "no", CW then asked him "why didn't you ever spend the night there again?".

After a lengthy silence, he looked down and was seemingly trying to form the words to respond, at first looking very upset, then like he really resented having to answer the question.

Though I expected him to at least choke out something along the lines of "it was such a horrific murder scene where my dear wife and beloved son had been brutally murdered I didn't want to ever spend the night there again, 'yu know the taint and all"...

Instead, eventually, after looking down and hesitating quite a bit in the "dead silence" of the courtroom waiting for his response, he barely mumbled in a slurred manner with a major side eye and dark look and said out of the side of his mouth "cuz ah deein wunt to".

It was super spooky and bizarre, like his own "Timmy" (evil twin) was finally exposed in that moment. Just brrrrrr.... JMO
One sick twisted excuse for any kind of being IMPOV. All his wailing and mouth screwing/chewing are all signs of deception(automatic responses to his true feelings). MOO

He will be in his element and will trade legal advice and help for commissary goods. He may even have opportunities to file class action suits...shower slip and falls, food tray accidents, food poisoning, etc. His people will stick with him, send him packages and mail and if he can stretch out the financial criminal trials long enough, he'll get to take several mini vacations in local jails while he's on trial and at least see how the trees have grown. I believe he will do very well for himself in prison. I hope he gets to go.
jmo

I remember when the first batch of jailhouse calls released, it was very obvious to me that AM adapts to his environment just fine.

As an educated, once-successful attorney, he still retains his superior mentality about himself and immediately started working on his physical self -- exercising in his cell.

From his first day in lock-up, AM was ready for his alpha male, top-dog role on the inside as he was outside. MOO

I did. I kind of looked away from that face of his, but was hearing 'nothing', so I looked up and yes.. CREEEEEEPY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46