VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
They prob got a helluva spread in the jury room that they eat from at every break. IMO
Is that generally done for a jury? Pretty nice perk! In NYC, the best part of jury duty is that the courts are near Chinatown and Little Italy, so it was always fun to find another cool lunch spot and escape the court building for a bit, although we have to take care of our own lunch.

Sadly, I think he disabled MM from moving, spoke a few words to her, and then cold-bloodedly murdered her. He was not in a classic rage, IMO, he was in a seething, cold, calculated fury. I do think he had vague ideas about killing himself as well, but with no conviction, no planning and no sense of how he'd feel after killing two people and seeing how they looked, dead.

I'm surprised that the body cam where he says "I done him so bad" is not replayed. It seems so clearly stated to me, he tries to revise, but he did say it. IMO.
I dunno -- that execution shot to the back of the head of MM says RAGE to me.

But I also think PM found AM's pills that night and AM was on a mission to retrieve them from his murdered son's pocket.

He'd already made a deal with PM that he'd go to rehab after PM's criminal case settled and PM betrayed him by playing "little detective" for MM.

AM loved AM more than his family. JMO

Indeed as each of see this differently through the prism of this case.

You are so right. I am not emotionally invested in the outcome of this trial. I believe AM is a despicable human being and will be put away for life no matter how this jury votes. But I am curious to see the outcome of this trial.

This would be a much, much tougher case to win if not for that kennel video. Thank you, Bubba!
I agree.
It would be much tougher to place AM at the scene so close to the phones locking forever and even with AM's timeline of events (waking up from a nap and leaving for his mothers).
A big cheer for PM for having the video and Bubba and the chicken for the chaos that caused AM to shout out, "Buuubaaa".

I’m going to buy me a yellow lab.( We used to have one and it’s time for another one.)
I was trying to decide whether to name it Judge Newman, after my favorite judge, or CW after my favorite prosecutor.
After today, I might have to name it, Meadors.
I’m blown away. A tour de force.

They pat him down though right, before in goes in the holding cell?
He was really making sure that black pen was good and solid down in his pants pocket. Checked it good, shoving it down. I am thinking that he may use it on himself now. It's so clearly seen that he has done this and they are on to him and that pen taking so he'll be checked. Who knows when he plans to use it on himself? Walking back to cell for lunch break there? I have that vibe now.

I'm convinced that they would not have charged him without that video. He was not indicted for the murders until after they got into Paul's phone and obtained the video.
I agree, without that video and his lies about it there was not enough to take to trial. It’s ironic that if he had thought to tell the truth that he was with them at the kennel, the discovery of that video would not have meant anything and he may have not been charged with their murders. moo

I really thought local restaurants/bakeries supplied it. I have no actual knowledge or experience of this, I just fantasize about it in my head.

We had some of the best local restaurants providing our lunches when I was on the jury.... often it was the same places where the "fancy" lawyers had lunch. It was Federal so maybe they had more money to spend on us back then? I dunno' lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member