VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was really making sure that black pen was good and solid down in his pants pocket. Checked it good, shoving it down. I am thinking that he may use it on himself now. It's so clearly seen that he has done this and they are on to him and that pen taking so he'll be checked. Who knows when he plans to use it on himself? Walking back to cell for lunch break there? I have that vibe now.
Any way to hide some "goodies" in that pen? If it's one of those two-section cases, I'd bet you could...

I wouldn't be surprised by anything AM does, but I suspect the pen is not a big deal. As a lawyer, he is used to sitting behind the court table and taking notes and putting pens in his pocket.

If I were in his situation, I would probably put a pen in my pocket without thinking.

Would the financial crimes be federal? Wouldn't that be a more comfy setup than doing life in a state prison?

None of them are federal, so far. And I am not sure if they have charged him with a Ponzi scheme yet. I figure the feds will let SC do their thing with him first (21 indictments? over 110 charges and rising? Something like that).

I think SC wants priority (and they filed first). I think the feds would prefer to let him hang out in maximum security in SC rather than in a more comfortable federal prison.

He probably wishes he had been federally charged first. He'll be right there in jail for a loong time, although I suppose he might have to move jails if there are different trial venues.

It's clear it was a Ponzi scheme, he's admitted as much, there's both state and federal law against that. Federal trials are mega-expensive, so I can see why the feds are letting SC put him away forever.

Yesterday, it looked like he could be facing 1000 years in prison.

IMO.

Would the financial crimes be federal? Wouldn't that be a more comfy setup than doing life in a state prison?

But murder charges aside, if Murdaugh were convicted of these financial crimes alone, documents show he’d be in jail for the rest of his life. “[He would serve] over 900 years, close to 1,000 years,” Bland says.

Alex Murdaugh’s 19 indictments and 99 financial charges explained

I'm not sure where he would spend his enforced vacation......also don't know how cushy fed pen is compared to min sec state pen...

I wouldn't be surprised by anything AM does, but I suspect the pen is not a big deal. As a lawyer, he is used to sitting behind the court table and taking notes and putting pens in his pocket.

If I were in his situation, I would probably put a pen in my pocket without thinking.

Which would predict a difficult time for you, as a prisoner. He'll get used to it eventually, but right now, when he's in the courtroom, he feels at home. They should make him wear prison garb without pockets, if he does it again. That will help him learn the rules.

I can see myself forgetting as well (ADD here) but not in those circumstances. Courtrooms are not my safe space (well, I'm very comfortable in the back row in the audience).

So he was saying oh look at every turn Alex was saying look at my phone records you will see. But isnt it true his phone was off for like an hour until 9:02 during the most crucial time?

This is NOT CORRECT, right? Gloria Satterfield fell at Moselle in Feb 2018 (a year before the boat crash), so they had to have owned it before then.

I believe they acquired the property in late 2014-early 2015.

We know it was 2016 when AM completed the fraudulent transfer of Moselle to MM for $5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle