VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have a video of the murder in this case. We have a suspect in a video on a victims phone and the video was possibly taken minutes before the murder took place.

And that is fantastic evidence. They were killed while he was on the property for sure, and with his own guns. And then he lied about being there. There would be no reason to lie about it unless he knew that's when the murders happened. If he were innocent, he would have assumed the murders happened after he left the property. He would have had no reason to lie even if he were paranoid.

Very true, very true . . . and the chicken. Were it not for him getting snatched up by Bubba, we may not have heard Al-ICK's voice. That voice of his, when Maggie said that it was a Guinea that Bubba had, he sounded contemptuous and seemed to snarl back at her: "It's a CHICKEN!"

Iirc that was Paul that said.

I think he was either forced to be present or close by.

If you've ever watched Ozark I think it's possible a similar type scenario played out in real life at the Moselle property.
If it was an Ozark type situation, I find it less credible that Alex was able to appear calm and collected when visiting his mother, create the alibi, make the multiple phone calls he did during that time period, etc. With all due respect, in real life, anyone witnessing the unplanned/surprise murder of their wife and son, I think would leave them in such a state of shock that they would need time to recover before able to think straight, he appeared quite normal in his phone calls and visiting his mother. I think he was able to appear normal in the phone calls snd during the visit because he killed them and wasn’t in shock. MOO

Regarding the mark on Maggie's leg left from the Polaris. That confused me and I can't locate the video on it. Is CW saying she ran into the polaris tire as she turned and ran after being shot the first time? Is there a picture diagram of this?

Experts testified there was a dried dirt/mud of a tire tread impression on MM's leg from the Polaris which was photographed but these photos / Exhibits were not released to the public.

I believe in justice, I believe we jurors get it right far more often than we get it wrong.

Alex is going to be found Guilty. He did the crime and he'll do the time, stripped of all this glory and ego. Shoved into a little cell along with all the other liars, thieves, killers. No better than anyone for once in his life. Finally. And for Alex Murdaugh that will be a fate far, far worse than death.

MOO

#Justice4Maggie&Paul

Last edited:
I agree with all of this. I should have added "no emotion shown about loss of Maggie" to my summary diagram. It really was telling.

ETA: I've just added the following to my summary diagram in the "AM emotional response" section:
•Didn’t show emotion over loss of Maggie
•Never expressed guilt such as “I should have been there to save them.”

I'm not familiar with your summary diagram. Is it somewhere on this site or is it somewhere else? I'd like to see it!!

@Tippy Lynn -- from your post, I believe you've never known/experienced a relationship with a narcissist where what you perceive as providing for and protecting his family was really all about protecting AM's image of himself. His wife and family were merely an extension of his public persona and easily replaceable. For a narc, the 2nd child is typically collateral. The tears were all for AM.

IMO, AM possesses traits of a narc/sociopath and while all of us saw a horrific tragedy, AM felt terribly inconvenienced. As he told MM's sister MP, the killer thought about this for a long time. AM long ago convinced himself the victims made him do it.

I also suggest listening to his jailhouse calls. MOO

People with a narcissistic personality disorder are “criminals” even if they do not ever get arrested. Their “sense of entitlement,” “unreasonable expectations” and “lack of sensitivity to the rules of others” result in injury to others. They manipulate and exploit people in their unceasing efforts to build themselves up. Their “contemptuous” and “impatient” behavior has a negative impact on others. The people who suffer the most are those closest to them. Spouses, children, and work colleagues are ground down daily. In order to peacefully coexist, they must try to satisfy the narcissist's insatiable psychological needs. A person who does not meet the expectations of the narcissist likely will have a very unpleasant encounter. Anyone may become a victim — a waiter, a sales lady, a receptionist — and bear the brunt of his disdain, condescension, and contempt.

I didn't know the 2nd child is typically collateral for a narc.

What I took from the jailhouse calls I listened to is that AM didn't make the conversation about him. He didn't play the victim card and seemed genuinely concerned about Buster.

Fast forward 30 days. We know the verdict. AM will stay locked up no matter the outcome of this case, right? So what or who is up next? Will CW proceed with financial trial against AM? Will more come out on the GS case for a possible trial? Will more come out on the SS case for a possible trial?? Will ES be tried on his current charges and convicted, ever?? Are we done with the Murdaughs and South Carolina?? What say you??
I think even more crap is going to hit the fan. L&CNetwork said they believe they've found out where the money went. That makes sense to me.

Dick H pushed for a speedy trial because he didn't want AM's financial crimes coming in. Too bad, my #MadJudgeLove allowed it after the Defense opened the 'character' door. I believe there is going to be much more coming to light involving dear ole' Alex & Company in the months ahead on all fronts.

JMO

Last edited:
Even the judge while charging the jury alternated between 'Murdock' and 'Murdaugh'... This has also driven me crazy throughout this case the way all of the pronunciations are used interchangeably.
Someone on an earlier thread lives in that area and explained it well. I think it’s their heritage, maybe Scottish or Irish? Anyway Alex is pronounced Alec. Murdaugh is pronounced Murdauch. It’s common in that part of the country. Maybe the original poster will see this and explain.

We never got to hear the state's thoughts on the Capri Sun, the lines on the cement or the Gucci receipt.
Regarding the Gucci receipt, thought this footage interesting. I also think possibly Gucci item more along the line of PM purchase than MM because of the cost. It’s unheard of to purchase a woman’s med/lg size handbag for that price. I thought perhaps PM purchased a pair of sneakers. Any pictures of him in Gucci sneakers? Did AM get upset about this purchase?

All of this is speculation on my part. In addition, seemed no precaution taken by throwing away a billing statement, when a shredder would have been better secure.

I didn't know the 2nd child is typically collateral for a narc.

What I took from the jailhouse calls I listened to is that AM didn't make the conversation about him. He didn't play the victim card and seemed genuinely concerned about Buster.

I think he still sees BM as on his side in those tapes. It amazes me that in all of those tapes as BM is recounting the public scrutiny, AM calls the scrutinizers a$$h0!s but never says that he has any responsibility. BM doesn't hold him to account so AM can tolerate him around. JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa