SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can actually imagine AM strutting around the prison like he's king of the roost knowing Bill Pullman played him in this movie. I think he enjoys the celebrity of it, instead of being humiliated and remorseful that he is a family annihilator.

Oh the arrogance of that man is beyond measure. Surely he wouldn't have access to watch that would he? IDK he does have a tablet and access to TV. GRRRRRRRRRR :mad:

MOO

Dr. Kenneth Kinsey, Private Eye. Has a nice ring to it. But serious cases only: you can't hire him to spy on your cheating spouse. Murdaugh murder trial star witness Kenneth Kinsey launches private investigation service https://greenvilleonline.com/story/news/local/south-carolina/2023/10/16/alex-murdaugh-murder-trial-expert-kenny-kinsey-launches-private-eye-firm/71154593007/ via @greenvillenews #murdaugh

At times it feels like if a news story breaks on Friday, Lifetime is there on Monday with an original movie at the ready. The speed of this brand that’s been around since 1984 isn’t just surprising to fans and reporters in the TV space.

“We surprise ourselves sometimes,” senior vice president of scripted programming Tia Maggini told TheWrap.

One of those surprising turnarounds happened around “Murdaugh Murders: The Movie,” a two-part project that makes history on Saturday for being the 500th original movie to air on the network.

According to Maggini, the team at Lifetime had been following the story of the Murdaugh family murders from the beginning. Though the “crazy” story captured their attention, the team was hesitant to move forward “legally” until the had a more definite idea of who committed the murders. But once Alex Murdaugh was arrested, the team went to work “towards the top of this year.”...

I too was shocked to see this allegation make it to the Lifetime movie as I'd only seen shadows of the claim as reported by FIT News. Another extreme liberty here was the portrayal of AM seeking the services of the alleged sex worker on his way to his suicide by hire! :rolleyes:

Overall -- for Lifetime television, I thought the movie was better than what I expected. JMO

At times it feels like if a news story breaks on Friday, Lifetime is there on Monday with an original movie at the ready. The speed of this brand that’s been around since 1984 isn’t just surprising to fans and reporters in the TV space.

“We surprise ourselves sometimes,” senior vice president of scripted programming Tia Maggini told TheWrap.

One of those surprising turnarounds happened around “Murdaugh Murders: The Movie,” a two-part project that makes history on Saturday for being the 500th original movie to air on the network.

According to Maggini, the team at Lifetime had been following the story of the Murdaugh family murders from the beginning. Though the “crazy” story captured their attention, the team was hesitant to move forward “legally” until the had a more definite idea of who committed the murders. But once Alex Murdaugh was arrested, the team went to work “towards the top of this year.”...

I thought it was all just High class people at Christmas with a "Golden Girls" thrown in but this movie seemed well done except for the rough spots noted above. I enjoyed the kid playing Paul but I thought his "that's a chicken" part was too much effort to sound southern.

And I still watch the Golden Girls.

I thought it was all just High class people at Christmas with a "Golden Girls" thrown in but this movie seemed well done except for the rough spots noted above. I enjoyed the kid playing Paul but I thought his "that's a chicken" part was too much effort to sound southern.

And I still watch the Golden Girls.
^^bbm

I'd always confuse the show titles 'Golden Girls' with 'Designing Women' but I watched them both. :D

BREAKING: The SC Appeals Court has stayed Alex Murdaugh's appeal until the jury tampering allegations are resolved. Here is a statement from Alex's team below, who called the ruling to remand the case for a hearing on the motion for a new trial "welcome news":

"We intend to proceed expeditiously and will seek a full blown evidentiary hearing addressing the serious allegations pertaining to improper jury communications by the Clerk of Court." - said Murdaugh's legal defense team.

Order

The South Carolina Court of Appeals has remanded the Alex Murdaugh murder case back to circuit court for a hearing on Murdaugh's claims of jury tampering by Colleton County Clerk of Court Rebecca Hill.

Chief Judge H. Bruce Williams signed an order Tuesday morning granting Murdaugh's attorneys' motion to place his pending appeal on hold and send the case back to circuit court so Murdaugh can move for a retrial.

[…]

No date has been set for the retrial motion and evidentiary hearing. It's unclear of Judge Clifton Newman will preside over the hearing. Newman was the trial judge in the case and sentenced Murdaugh two life sentences after a jury convicted him on March 2 of murdering his wife and son.

RULE 29- POST TRIAL MOTIONS

(b) New Trials Based on After-Discovered Evidence.
A motion for a new trial based on after-discovered evidence must be made within one (1) year after the date of actual discovery of the evidence by the defendant or after the date when the evidence could have been ascertained by the exercise of reasonable diligence. A motion for a new trial based on after-discovered evidence may not be made while the case is on appeal unless the appellate court, upon motion, has suspended the appeal and granted leave to make the motion. Leave of the appellate court is not required if no appeal has been taken or if the appeal has been finally decided in the appellate court.

1697560703984.png
Seems the formality is now taken care of and moving on to defense-created drama a la DH, and character assassination of the clerk and jurors. IMO, it will be a chit show. JMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean