SC SC - Sherry Jones, 24, Greer, 1 Sept 1972

Buttons06 can I ask what was on your birth certificate under father- jones or left blank?
Hope some members here can help.

Left blank,but gave the last name of jones because that was her married name ath the time! Thanks for any help u may can give!!!

Thank you,to all who have been so kind,I'm sorry I've been out of touch toDay,my heart has been acting up so I've been at hospital all day!! I will fill u all in tomorrow thanks so much for your concern and help!! May God bless!!

Hope you are feeling much better.

Welcome buttons06. Sorry I missed the birthday. Hope you feeling better now.

:greetings::wagon::welcome6:

buttons06 in you post #15 between 1967 and 1970 you mention a social security card being obtained in Tennessee and a connection to a Forest Croft and a Percy Webb- can you elaborate on that connection?

There are some great members here that are brilliant at timelines hopefully one will jump in here :websleuther:

Their name just came up attached to her during some research that I did several years back, but the ss # was issued in Tennessee sometime in 1967 according to the social security department, I tracked one of the men to Texas,but the number has been disconnected! I also received word that my moms ss# was used in Texas in 2006, but have no concrete proof of this,this came from a lawyer I was talking to in California about obtaining some information in California but he had no luck, but it was just a quick favor he was willing to do to help! I'll look at my records tomorrow and let you know which man was in Texas!! Thanks!!Not was Forrest croft address 23rd at corsicana Texas phone # 903-874-3238 but it's no longer in service!! That's as far as I got on that!! Thanks!!

Her name would have been sherry Ann smith at that time,it's before she married George Wilton jones on May 8th 1970!!

Buttons do you know the DOD of George Wilton Jones- is it 1996? Also any middle initials for Forrest or Pearcy?

No,Wilton is deceased but his date of birth is befor sherry's I'd have to dig, but you'll find a lot of marriages for him in Greenville county sc,Spartanburg county sc, and hartwell Georgia where he married my mom!! Got copies of my mom application and license to him plus some of the other marriages,but no divorce from my mom!!!his date of birth 11/17/1934 according to marriage licenses!!pearcy L Webb and Forrest L croft,I did find a sherry croft in tellico plains tennessee but unable to know if it's her!!!

Hartwell Georgia is only about s hour from Greer ac, you can marry there the same day you obtain licenses,that's why I think they married there!!

Thank you buttons I was after date of death but date of birth is great info too!! Middle initials are a great help too with finding if your onto the right person. I've been trying to search around so any extra info helps. Busy weekend for me so check in next week.

Busy for me as well,but I'm sure I can locate George's date of death I'll look for it over the weekend and I have a lot on sherry DoB, ss#, marriage application to George and I know she was married in California and divorced there in 1967 but no idea to whom?? Have a great weekend and we'll touch base next week!! Thank you so much!!!

Hi buttons just a couple more questions-
do you know if the car accident that killed Sherry Ann's adoptive parents was in California?

Do you think you might have been named after her mother? If a possibility it might help to know your first name (only a suggestion no problem if you decide not to discuss)

How are things progressing with DNA to namus ? I'm sure there are some members here that could help , perhaps pm a moderator :thinking:

I'll try doing a timeline next week

I do believe it was in California but I am certain that I was not named after her mom because I was named after someone on George's side and later on when I was adopted I changed my name!! Thanks!!

Hello, Buttons06!

I have an ancestry.com membership and am trying to see if I can dig anything up regarding your mother, because nobody should be stuck knowing nothing about their own parents(your situation breaks my heart)..Anyway, so far all I have found is that there is a "US Public Records Index" listing saying that there was someone named Sherry Smith whose date of birth is 4-29-1948 who supposedly lived at 2105 W 10th St, Austin, TX, 78703-3840 in 1996! Not sure if it's a coincidence, but I figured every tidbit of info you can find might get you closer to some answers. I will let you know if I find anything else.
Jess

Edited to add, I also found a listing for a Sherry Smith with the same date of birth with the following address (no date attached, unfortunately):
Name: Sherry Smith
Birth Date: 29 Apr 1948
Address: 325 Breezy Ln, Azle, TX, 76020-3203

Reactions: BRS
Thanks so much!! I actually think I may have placed her in Texas after she disappeared or at lest placed a man she was linked to in Tennessee there,but it was a different city! I think it was it was Corsicana Texas and his name was Forrest croft!!! Thanks I'll check it out!! Any help is always appreciated!!

I was also told by a private detective that her ss# was used in Texas in 2006 but have not been able to prove it!! Thanks again and if anything else shows up please let me know!! I will follow up on this and let you know if I find anything!! Thank you! I do also know she was in California in the 1960's divorced there in 1967,I believe she grew up there!! Thanks

Reactions: BRS
Sherry Ann Jones

Sherry Ann Smith believed to be maiden name or previous married name

Last Seen on September 01, 1972 in Greer
Greenville County, South Carolina

Possible last seen 14 or
16th July 1972

Age 24

Race White/ part Hispanic or Puerto Rican

DOB April 29 1948

Born in Puerto Rico to American mother and Puerto Rican father

Adoption to family in California who were killed in a car crash when Sherry Ann was 15/17

Marriage and divorce in California before 1967

Social Security Card was issued in Tennessee in late sixties

Possible connection to a Forrest L Croft

Possible connection to a Pearcey L Webb

Marriage to George Wilton Jones May 8th 1970

Gave birth to child in September 1970, George Wilton is not the father

George Wilton Jones (DOB 11/17/1934) now deceased

Told by private detective that Sherry Ann ss# was used in Texas in 2006 but no proof available

No photo of Sherry Ann available, her ss card was left behind

George Wilton and other family members not co operative and did not file missing persons report

Report filed by Sherry Ann child in 2011

buttons06 this is my first attempt at a timeline...so please anyone let me know if this needs changing in any way :bodyguard:

Hi, new to this case. There is a Forrest Croft who lives in Corsicana, Texas on Facebook. By the photo he could be in the right age range. Have you tried to contact him this way? If you want your Facebook message to go to him directly you can pay a few $ to go directly to his messages otherwise it will go to his "other" account and may me missed.

Also can you confirm the spelling of the Webb man. Is is Pearcey or Percy etc. Thanks

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back