GUILTY SC - Shooting reported at Townville Elementary, Jacob Hall, 6, killed, Sept 2016

#Townville shooting: Coroner says grandmother got call from grandson at 1:44 p.m. She went to house and found her son, suspect's dad, dead.

WYFF News 4 ‏@wyffnews4 [video=twitter;781301138956099584]https://twitter.com/wyffnews4/status/781301138956099584[/video]
#Townville shooting: The shooter's mother was at work, sheriff says.

0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

More

WYFF News 4 ‏@wyffnews4 [video=twitter;781300270894616577]https://twitter.com/wyffnews4/status/781300270894616577[/video]
#Townville shooting: When suspect got out of his vehicle he went toward the school and not the playground, sheriff says.

what is the driving age! Although i guess if you just murdered someone your not worried about ticket - dumb me

Ugh its a drag when SKY news covers our daily killings - its embarrassing

#Townville shooting: Sheiff says, short of a copycat, no danger exists from after this shooting.

In this day and age that sure is a heap of comfort huh?

#Townville shooting news conference. Coroner Greg Shore says autopsy of Jeffrey Osborne will be performed tomorrow

Dont understand why but it makes me do them one at at ime but important info

Aly Myles ‏@AlyWYFF [video=twitter;781248408610746368]https://twitter.com/AlyWYFF/status/781248408610746368[/video]Anderson, SC
Jones says firefighter that helped apprehend has been a firefighter for 30+ years.

You all have taught me well, just look at me Twitter, Twatter, FaceBook, Elbow Book, Redit, Blueit and Greenit, just all over the place - huh - huh - watch me go !!!

Now, there is nothing instant , yet, about my Instagram skill set, and there is no snap in my Snapshot, yet

NOw that I learned Hatchets are a household staple, maybe we use the hatchet to install fingers that can get a keyboard. Hummm !

At the same time , you folks are due kudos for enduring the typing and spelling !!

They are very easy to get at a store and online.

We have always had hatchets and axes in with our yardwork and landscaping tools. I have one with a pink handle grip.:D We use the hatchet to chop down small scrub oaks that will pop up. Or cut a root out that is running above ground coming from our large trees and even to trim up low sprouting limbs on our trees. Usually those who do have hatchets and uses them regularly during landscaping or yardwork they keep the blade very sharp. I don't know anyone personally who doesn't have a hatchet along with a couple of axes or more. Its a common tool to have here in the south.

I wonder if the mom was at work since it happened in the middle of the day?

ETA I see now the mother was at work. Thank God.

The shooter's name hasn't been released because he is a minor. Any minor capable of committing this type of crime should be considered an adult and the name should be released. <modsnip>

I disagree, it just gives them the notoriety and infamy they seek. It gives less fuel for these anti-social 4chan losers to encourage each other on if there is no internet fame that follows their despicable acts.
It's the victims, if anyone, that deserves attention.

Better question what do people need a hatchet for in 2016

I carry one in the emergency kit in my car.

We own at least 3-4 of different shapes and sizes. Useful out and about on boats, 4 wheelers, snowmobiles, etc, Can be used as a hammer, in addition to chopping function.

It's a common tool, even in some urban and suburban settings.

I carry one in the emergency kit in my car.

We own at least 3-4 of different shapes and sizes. Useful out and about on boats, 4 wheelers, snowmobiles, etc, Can be used as a hammer, in addition to chopping function.

It's a common tool, even in some urban and suburban settings.

I thought of a horror movie when I read that!

O/T what a crock! Today they came out and said MH17 was shot down by Russian missle -- we all had that figured out on day 8!

Said the teen is 14 years old, and he went to a K-6 school for his rampage. So, it seems unlikely he had some kind of a recent dispute with teacher/s there, or classmate/s. At age 14, he was 8th or 9th grade.

Incredibly sad that 6 year olds were targeted. Brings back awful memories of Sandy Hook.

(Gonna have to start a collection for Cariis to buy some tools!)

But on a more serious note, lots of things can be used as a weapon, that aren't intended for that. People are pretty resourceful.

Glad, very, very glad the 2 children and teacher will survive. I'm wondering now if the teen's father was shot. What a nightmare for the mother.

(Gonna have to start a collection for Cariis to buy some tools!)

Trust me I could end up a thread - two killed when Hatchet goes out of control. Details at 11!

Anyone know where mom worked - dad- how long ago was he suspende- wonder how his grades were?wasnt Lanza a minor and they released info

I think it's likely he was homeschooled now because he was expelled due to taking the hatchet to traditional public school. Lots of behavior issues? Was he offered alternative school?

Did he face any juvenile criminal charges for the hatchet attack at school?

I wonder if the father was his primary teacher at home. Was he really doing any kind of "homeschool", or just removed from public school?

The suspect, who officials said was home-schooled, was taken into custody without incident on the grounds of Townville Elementary School at 1:45 p.m. by a 30-year veteran of the Townville Volunteer Fire Department, authorities said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...rted-south-carolina-elementary-school-n656181

He shot all of his victims on the playground and wasn't able to enter the school itself because teachers made sure to lock the doors, officials said.

Almost simultaneously, investigators were called to a home about 3 miles away, where the body of Jeffrey Dewitt Osborne, 47, the suspect's father, had been discovered by Osborne's mother, who lives next door, authorities said Wednesday night.

Osborne's mother got a cellphone call from her grandson &#8212; the suspect &#8212; but "she could not make out what he was saying because he was crying and upset," Anderson County Coroner Greg Shore said. She went next door to the boy's home, where she believed him to have been calling from, and found Osborne, who had been shot to death, Shore said.

Authorities didn't say whether Osborne was shot by his son, adding that the "relevance" of Osborne's death remained under investigation.

BBM

I wonder if he has been obsesses with Sandy Hook or something

I don't think we will ever know why he targeted very small children and his teacher unless he confesses to police.

Do kids his age ever watch news that closely?

I don't think it will be because of wanting to be a copycat but you just never know. It seems a lot of teens who do something like this like the notoriety and attention as much or more than the shooting itself. Many seem very proud of their violent crimes and when they do exhibit that they usually don't possess an ounce of remorse either for what they have done. I think some of the most chilling murderers I have ever seen are those who were young offenders who wiped out their parents/siblings I guess its part of their twisted evil mind when they plan things like this. I would like to see what emotion he displays if any when he has his first court date to hear the charges against him. I sure hope he is not going to be another flat-liner and stone cold.

I wonder what the age of the child was at the time when he first attacked them with a hatchet and if she is one of the ones he tried to kill today? To target victims so young he has to hate young children for some reason I would think.

You mentioned horror movies ..........many over the years have used a hatchet, axe on their victims when murdering them or afterward when they were dismembering the victim's body. I have always felt hatchet/axes or using bludgeoning tools has to be the most painful and brutal agonizing ways to die. We have seen several cases where a tire iron was used to murder their victims. That too is such a brutal barbaric way to carryout a murder on someone. I would much rather be shot than a murderer using a hatchet or some type of bludgeoning weapon/tool. A tire iron was used in the Ga vs Guy Heinz Jr. when he bludgeoned to death 8 of his own family members using a tire iron.. I cant even begin to imagine the pain and suffering all of his victims must have felt before they died.:( The hatchet being used creeps me out.

So I am very glad to read he was evidently stopped in his tracks the first time when he had the hatchet. I am also thankful to read the child survived his attack. They has to have nightmares about it. Even chasing someone while having a hatchet in their hand would scare any sane person to death. Its like every tool that murderers use. The majority of the time the weapon of choice will be an item that is used legally and responsibly but anything can be used as a lethal weapon.

I think it's likely he was homeschooled now because he was expelled due to taking the hatchet to traditional public school. Lots of behavior issues? Was he offered alternative school?

Did he face any juvenile criminal charges for the hatchet attack at school?

I wonder if the father was his primary teacher at home. Was he really doing any kind of "homeschool", or just removed from public school?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...rted-south-carolina-elementary-school-n656181

In the hatchet did he actually hit anyone with it good lord

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back