SC SC - Tina Diana Snipes, 43, Charleston County, 15 Aug 2018

Still searching for her...

Deputies continue search for woman missing more than 8 months

EDISTO ISLAND, SC (WCSC) - Months after new evidence came to light in the disappearance of a 43-year-old Edisto Island woman, investigators are still asking for help in finding out what happened to her.

QDOYGCWQKNEENABTOVCFQDNVV4.JPG

Authorities say Tina Diana Snipes of Edisto Island was last seen on Wednesday at 3 p.m. at the Horizon EZ shop on 2410 Highway 174 on Edisto Island. (Source: Charleston County Sheriff's Office) (Charleston County Sheriff's Office)
Tina Diana Snipes was initially believed to have last been seen on Aug. 15 at approximately 3 p.m. at the Horizon EZ Shop on Highway 174. But in November, Charleston County deputies said new details had emerged in the investigation that showed Snipes made it back to her home on Maxie Road the day she vanished.

Deputies said someone gave her a ride to her home. She was not known to drive herself.

Investigators found her belongings on the ground within walking distance of her home.

As the new evidence came to light, Snipes’ sister, Lisa Lott, said she did not believe it was a random act.

“I believe that someone she knew had something to do with this or knows something,” Lott said. “I’m her voice and I will not give up until we know what happened to my sister, until we find her or found out what happened to her. I’m not going to give up.”

At the time of her disappearance, Snipes was wearing a textured tank top, yoga pants, flip flops, a necklace and sunglasses. Investigators say she always wears her hair in a bun and frequented that business.

At least the Sheriff's Office is keeping this alive. No new information, but at least they had posted recently on their FB Page.

Tina Snipes went missing Aug. 15, 2018, from the Edisto Island area. Her disappearance, which CCSO deputies believe is suspicious, remains unsolved. We need the public’s help. If anyone has any information, please call the Sheriff’s Office at 843-743-7200 or contact Detective Barry Goldstein directly at 843-670-1183 or bgoldstein@charlestoncounty.org. Tipsters can remain anonymous and possibly be eligible for a reward by calling Crime Stoppers at 843-554-1111 or submitting information online at Tip Form.​

Hmmm ... Now this is interesting ... worth the read

Financé, sister of Edisto Island woman missing since August pledge to keep searching

People who love her say they’re determined to solve the mystery that’s been breaking their hearts.

Tina Snipes’ fiancé Roland Miles remembers the day they first met. “We met in Waycross, Georgia when she was walking her dog one day.”

Miles says it was love at first sight. “We been together ever since.”

The news of her disappearance more than a year ago under suspicious circumstances as left him paralyzed.

“Nothing has changed,” Miles says. “Everyday I sit on my porch and cry like a baby.”​

How sad for her family :( Her son and daughter would have been 10 and 14 when Tina moved to Edisto with her boyfriend.

And her boyfriend was gone for a year, leaving her alone - he was in jail when she went missing. Living in a small camper, no car and boyfriend gone. Not close with her family, they didn’t even know he was in jail. Sounds like her only friends were the store employees or perhaps regular customers.
I doubt robbery was a motive. Why would someone harm her?

Just to clarify, the person that lived in the home with her was charged in the shooting in the article you linked. According to South Carolina court case records a charge of attempted murder was dropped and he was pleaded down to Assault/Battery first degree and was sentenced to time served (323 days) and released in June.

While it isn't clear if he returned to Tina's house after being released, it is possible that someone could have been looking for him. Regardless, I think this case will come down to either that guy or someone connected to that guy.
The Guy Ron who went to Jail Is Tina' Boyfriend and he was in Jail when she went Missing . I use to work On Edisto Beach and I knew of Both of them. Tina even worked with My Company Painting for a few weeks at one time. She was a very sweet woman who liked to sit at the Gas station and just conversate. There are Some sketchy people who hang around the store in the evenings but mostly on Payday (Friday) . I just pray she is found! Someone on The Island Has to have seen something or Knows Something .

AUG 15, 2023

The Charleston County Sheriff's Office is still searching for a woman who went missing five years ago today.

Tina Snipes- 43 at the time- went missing from Edisto Island under suspicious circumstances, police said.

Her disappearance has yet to be solved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back